Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I think it would be pretty hard to gain a real pound at six weeks out... you would have to drink/EAT 3000 extra calories to do that...probably Water weight from extra salt... it will come off, don't stress about it. The holidays are hard, just take it one day at a time and log what you eat and drink to stay conscious.

I can be up two lbs from retaining water. If I don't weigh what I think I probably should in the morning, I put my wedding ring on....that's how I can tell if I'm 'swollen'!!! If it gets stuck at my knuckle, I know!

Feed Your Eye ~ I have read a ton of posts from you since I first had my procedure 11 months ago. The one thing that I know about you is that you will dump the 8 lbs you gained and get back on track now that you can do the things you love. It is really emotional to lose a best friend, a parent, a pet and we start to question our own mortality. With all the other stressors such as a pet illness and the high cost of paying for vet bills would definitely throw me a big curve ball. Now it's time to throw the curve ball back to the universe and get back to basics. Just know that you have given this community a lot of love and support and we are now here to help you in any way we can.

How is your knee? What can be done for the Carthage that's not there? Hopefully no surgery is required. Keep healing that knee. XOXO

Thanks so much for the thoughtful message Dorrie! You are right... This morning I started cooking up some food that will help me to keep the carbs down, I cut up a bunch of veggies and stocked the fridge to make choices easier. I went out yesterday and bought glucosamine, acitomenophin(sp?) and ice packs. I don't know what helped, but after laying on all three, my knee pain went WAY down. Fingers crossed, this method will help in the future too! I also made a list of all the things that I need to get done... and things I LOVE to do, and am going down the list and lightening my mental load. Thanks for being there... I have been in a bit of a tail spin the last few weeks....

Just joining the chorus to say I also have to really watch the slider foods or I can get in a lot of trouble fast. I'm about 14 months post-op, and I can put on 8 pounds over the course of a week going into binge mode. Once I get carbs / sugar in my system I become like an addict and want to eat and eat and eat. And at the same time I feel bloated and lethargic and no longer want to exercise - a really bad combination!

Fortunately, if I can get myself back on track, after 3-4 days it becomes much easier and the pounds come off again. Those first few days require a heck of a lot of self-discipline, and every strategy I can come up with to fight the munchies, but I'm getting pretty good at the strategies. I can see I'll never maintain my weight loss if I don't conquer this though. I'm ok with that though, I may have to fight the head hunger, but at least I'm not also fighting real, physical hunger too. I don't think my sleeve is as tight as some of you report (I've never gotten a case of the slimeys, or had food come back up if I ate that one bite too much), but it will do the job if I do my part too.

I didn't have the surgery to be able to eat anything I want. I had the surgery to be able to DO anything I want - to live a life as an active, healthy, confident woman. Am I willing to exercise regularly, and give up doughnuts and chocolate for that? You betcha!

I'm coming for help, not for judgement please. The situation is this: I'm finding it very difficult to control my snacking and over eating at night. I always start out great, but then blow it after 3:00. I'm eating high calorie/ high fat foods. In my uncontrolled frenzy, I have gained 9 pounds. Of course I regret it and I'm disgusted with myself. We don't have a support group in my state so I am putting my humiliating situation on here. Any support / advice is appreciated.

You've got this covered. Now it's time to refocus ur attention to going back to basics. There's The Basic Bootcamp diet where u eat all liquids for the first 2 days. Then Proteins for the next 3 days. This Bootcamp is pinned here I can do this. This diet takes away the cravings for sugars and carbs. It is a great start.

My problem is definitely at night too. I have to really commit to staying low carb and it will get rid of the cravings. I can't do liquids anymore and stick to it, but I can stick to

all Protein.< /p>

Womdering- no judgements here. We are all human and we all slip back to our old habits at times. The good thing is you recognize it and have asked for help. My suggestion is to plan your activities and your food. Schedule something REALLY fun at 3:00, if that is your temptation time. Don't plan anything around food during this time. Go shopping, see a movie, whatever will get you excited. Do this for a few days. You need to reprogram your brain to stop seeing 3:oo as munching time. And do plan your meals. Never go hungry. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind replies. I know it's only been 2 days since I posted that but I'm updating to say it's still really hard but I'm going to keep trying and plugging away. I will let you know when it starts coming back off!

Thanks for the kind replies. I know it's only been 2 days since I posted that but I'm updating to say it's still really hard but I'm going to keep trying and plugging away. I will let you know when it starts coming back off!

Well, screw the weight loss. Don't worry about it. That is secondary, here. My advice is two part.

First, why are these types of foods in your house? A lot of folks in the same boat respond to this question with, "My kids/husband enjoy these foods and I don't want to take it away from them because of my issues."

That one makes me crazy. IMO, it enables them to have bad habits and obviously, is a temptation for you. But, i think there is also something else here. Just my opinion, but I remember in my days of alcohol and drug use, the before and moment of purchase was thrilling. Driving back home with my product knowing I was going to use was exciting. Now, I'm not saying it is the same for you ... I don't know. But what I do know is there were a lot of parallels for me with all my addictions. food included. Have you eve hidden food or what you were eating?

Get the garbage can out and dump them.

Second part, the consumption. We know we're not supposed to do it, yet we do. We all have our moments of weakness, for sure. There is that moment when we sit there with that item we are trying to not have: cookie, joint, shot glass, syringe ... You fill in the blank. I don't know what it is or what it takes to put that item down for everybody, but in my early days, it was an understanding of a higher power which I learned through a 12 step group. It worked for me, but we all have to find our own path. I sought help and you can, too. By no means am I perfect. I am a work in progress, and I keep on working everyday. Sometimes, every minute.

As I first said, don't worry about the weight loss. Get back to doing the right thing and sticking to it and the weight will come off on its own. We have to get to the root of our relationship with food in order to conquer the demons that are associated with it. IMO, only then can we live free.

Good luck and keep us posted

OK my peeps I have to move my weight gained from 1-5 to now 5-10 but it's ALLLLLL GOOD :)...Lowest weight is 144 and currently 148-152, which varies 2 lbs under goal or 2 lbs over goal, just depends on Water weight, etc. I'm sure if I ate 100% what I'm supposed to eat, and drink the right amount of Water, etc. I would drop, as a matter of fact I know I would, not to mention all this loose skin BLAH...when I think about when I weighed 234 for nearly a decade :( I CAN'T COMPLAIN!!!!!! I AM SOOOO HAPPY! I have been at goal since May 2011 and I WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER been able to do this EVER in my life before my sleevie! And at 44 years old (going on 45 next month) to boot!!! Can I get an AMEN???? LOL!

I'm 26 months out now and work out AT LEAST 3 times a week now (1 hour sessions). And I DON'T DIET AT ALL! AT ALL! That IN ITSELF is a MIRACLE! I still eat pretty healthy for the most part, and still take my multi Vitamin every day. I'm no longer addicted to the scale. And I'm still wearing a size 6 :)

My problem is STILL trying to get in the right amount of daily water ugh...I really need to up that. But other than that LIFE is GREAT! I am SO thankful for my sleevie!

Anyhoo, will update again in December :) Best wishes until then!!!

None. Still loosing 6 months post surgery.

I am having a hell of a time....I am starving...especially at night....

I'm coming for help' date=' not for judgement please. The situation is this: I'm finding it very difficult to control my snacking and over eating at night. I always start out great, but then blow it after 3:00. I'm eating high calorie/ high fat foods. In my uncontrolled frenzy, I have gained 9 pounds. Of course I regret it and I'm disgusted with myself. We don't have a support group in my state so I am putting my humiliating situation on here. Any support / advice is appreciated.[/quote']

Disclaimer - I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, so someone may have already suggested this:

Find something to keep your hands busy. I like crochet (sounds daggy, but that's me :) ) It will keep your mind concentrating on a task and divert it from food. I also like to get my sewing machine out when partner is watching tv and kids are in bed. Time flies.

It's been a year and I have lost 68lbs.. I have not gained but I'm @ a stand still needing to really readjust my diet & carefully watch everything I eat.. It's so frustrating but grateful @ the same time... I want to lose another 15 to 20 lbs... Is anyone else experiencing these issues??

I was 2 years post op at the end of April. I go up and down 5 lbs depending on if I am going out to a lot of social gatherings where there are Desserts that i can't resist. Sweets are my downfall. I keep them out of the house.

For the most part' date=' it's easy to stay at goal.[/quote']

It's been a year and I have lost 68lbs.. I have not gained but I'm @ a stand still needing to really readjust my diet & carefully watch everything I eat.. It's so frustrating but grateful @ the same time... I want to lose another 15 to 20 lbs...

Is anyone else experiencing these issues??

I feel ya sweets my weakness I try to keep puddings & applesauces...