Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I think I will be doing better, at least for now. I told my bf to move out and he did. We were having a lot of issues about money . I do miss him, but it's for the best.

Now I can go back to not cooking big meals and not keeping all that bad stuff he ate in the house. I've already lost 2 lbs.

Good for you! The first time I had WLS, I didn't quite reach goal, but had settled around the high 160's and was ok with that because I started at 307#. I met a guy shortly around the time I got to that weight and he had horrible eating habits. I tried to get him to not eat so much junk around me and he refused. He just didn't understand how it affected me. We lived together for a year and I gained about 30# in that time. Not saying its his fault, cuz I own my own choices, but he sure didn't make it easy.

I'm still single, but one of the things I will no longer tolerate in a relationship is someone who won't respect my wishes to eat healthy and try to "get me" to eat the same way they do. Ideally they will eat more healthy so it's not an issue.

Darn men!!! ;-)

No kidding. It was really hard to sit there while he ate a bowl of ice cream every night and donuts for Breakfast. He had candy in the house all the time too.

I don't want any of that cr@p in my house!!

I've been doing mostly Protein Shakes just because I love them and I hate to cook. I am hoping it's going to pay off. I'd love to get this regain off and be able to wear some of the clothes I haven't been able to wear lately.

I too bounce around from 3-5 lbs from time to time so I think it's normal.... But I am only 3 months out!

Im still eating more as a plan. I log everything, and am back to exercise, adding in some weight lifting twice a week. I have gone from 1200 to 1800 a day with no weight gain. I fact I have lost about a pound. I just don't see how eating 1200 a day and staying the same weight can be the best way to go. If I had been losing some pounds on that, I may have never changed my plan, but I feel so much better eating more... so far so good. I hear from many folks on the net that eating more is a good way to lose very slowly... and slowly it is for me! I will keep this up and report back on my long term findings using the TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

plan.... I also bought a fitbit to figure our how many steps I take and my real energy output for daily life.

FYE I'm curious, I just calculated the TDEE and mine came up to 1823. Now I don't eat that much calories so I'm wondering why is my weight fluctuating so much. I was down to 143 lbs and then my weight skyrocketed to 147 lbs. This is so frustrating. I too want to eat more if it will help me lose the weight and have more energy. BTW you are doing fantastic! CONGRATS! :)

FYE I'm curious, I just calculated the TDEE and mine came up to 1823. Now I don't eat that much calories so I'm wondering why is my weight fluctuating so much. I was down to 143 lbs and then my weight skyrocketed to 147 lbs. This is so frustrating. I too want to eat more if it will help me lose the weight and have more energy. BTW you are doing fantastic! CONGRATS! :)

I have been finding out the details on this site/group on myfitnesspal.com at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

I average 1800 a day....which is what I should eat to maintain goal.I still need to lose around 18 pounds to get there. One eats about 10-20% below the TDEE to lose around one pound a week. I am losing slower than that. If I were to really follow their directions, I should be eating at TDEE -over 2100 cals a day.... for 5-6 weeks then slowly drop to 1800 to start losing. The idea is to eat at your expenditure, get your body used to living on full calories for a while, then when you drop a little, it will let the weight go slowly....and avoiding teaching the body to live on very little (like 800-1200 a day)With this plan patients is key, slow slow slow....but who cares if you can actually get to goal (which I have never done yet eating much less) Check out the site, it bears reading.

I have been finding out the details on this site/group on myfitnesspal.com at: http://www.myfitness...e-to-weigh-less

I average 1800 a day....which is what I should eat to maintain goal.I still need to lose around 18 pounds to get there. One eats about 10-20% below the TDEE to lose around one pound a week. I am losing slower than that. If I were to really follow their directions, I should be eating at TDEE -over 2100 cals a day.... for 5-6 weeks then slowly drop to 1800 to start losing. The idea is to eat at your expenditure, get your body used to living on full calories for a while, then when you drop a little, it will let the weight go slowly....and avoiding teaching the body to live on very little (like 800-1200 a day)With this plan patients is key, slow slow slow....but who cares if you can actually get to goal (which I have never done yet eating much less) Check out the site, it bears reading.

I have watched YT videos and it does make since, the part that scares me is increasing my calorie intake to 1823 and then eating 15% lower, will it assist in losing a lb? Will I be hungry when I cut out some calorie?

When I look at individuals that have anoxecia and they are eating less than 300 calories a day, they are losing weight, muscle weight too which is totally unhealthy, so now that I've stated this, this plan does look good to keep muscle mass. I didn't her what KiKi's diet consisted of either. Do you fill full eating like this? Has it been hard to cut back on calories? Sorry for the questions but my inquisitive mind wants to know..... LOL Thank you FYE

I have watched YT videos and it does make since, the part that scares me is increasing my calorie intake to 1823 and then eating 15% lower, will it assist in losing a lb? Will I be hungry when I cut out some calorie?

When I look at individuals that have anoxecia and they are eating less than 300 calories a day, they are losing weight, muscle weight too which is totally unhealthy, so now that I've stated this, this plan does look good to keep muscle mass. I didn't her what KiKi's diet consisted of either. Do you fill full eating like this? Has it been hard to cut back on calories? Sorry for the questions but my inquisitive mind wants to know..... LOL Thank you FYE

I am just in the early weeks of this plan, but would be glad to share. I was scared to go up in calories... so did it in two steps, went from about 1200 to 1500 to 1800. I do not feel as compulsive about food. I am not as hungry. Some days I have to make myself eat a Protein Bar or something to make sure I get my calories in. At 1200 this was not the case! My weight is mostly staying the same so far. (up a pound, down a little more than a pound so far) When I am hungry I usually still have calories to use up and can eat. I figure my calories day by day, depending on how much my output is... I go to the gym two days a week, and can eat around 2000 a day on these days, I walk two days a week and can eat around 1700 then, the days is sit on my butt I eat around 1600. It averages out to around 1800. I am trying to keep and gain muscle... lose inches, then pounds if I can. On this plan they say one might gain a few pounds before losing them. (gaining while on the "reset" part where you eat your full TDEE, which for me is around 2100 a day. I have not done a reset yet)I just know that I feel like eating minus 1200 a day is not all that healthy or sustainable for me.

I know part of my problem is that I have no idea how to log my food into my fitnesspal.

So many things are a bite of this or a blob of that. I don't measure my sour cream if I put it on my taco meat, or blob of ketchup on my meat. I know everyone says they do better if they track their food, but I have no clue how to do that.

I know part of my problem is that I have no idea how to log my food into my fitnesspal.

So many things are a bite of this or a blob of that. I don't measure my sour cream if I put it on my taco meat' date=' or blob of ketchup on my meat. I know everyone says they do better if they track their food, but I have no clue how to do that.[/quote']

I think the key is you have to measure everything until you're comfortable with estimating. Spoon out the amount of sour cream you would normally use then use a measuring soon to see how much it is. What good tracker app do you use? My Fat Secret lets you input serving amount in fractions. If I'm on doubt, I err on the higher side. Good luck!

So many things are a bite of this or a blob of that. I don't measure my sour cream if I put it on my taco meat, or blob of ketchup on my meat. I know everyone says they do better if they track their food, but I have no clue how to do that.

I think just log what you log. If I cant be bothered with the ketchup, I round up something else to add a few cals. I skip logging cabbage, a slice of Tomato and such....that being said, I use a lot of the same stuff regularly, and its on the list, so I just adjust the amount and check it in. Its a little obsession to do it perfect, and I have to say Im not perfect, but I am regular and that seems to help a lot. I just ordered a fitbit which will add an other tool to the toolkit as well... logging some kinds of activities. It works with myfitnesspal.

Maybe tracking would cut down on my grazing. That would be worth it.

I think so, Oregondaisy. I'm guilty of doing the math to reduce the portion size down to the six M&Ms I snag from the candy dish on the way out the door, or the 1/2 tsp of sour cream I add to my eggs just so I track it all.

It's up to you and it really is kind of a pain sometimes to input new foods into the MFP database. But for me, it was a truly effective way to really stay on top of every bite. I don't know about you, but when I'm stressed (or on my cycle) I can graze an extra 200-300 calories a day easily. Or more! A handful here, a dollop of sour cream there, an extra piece of bacon there...and before I know it, I've exceeded my daily goals all while telling myself that I'm right on track.

Good luck. This is an ongoing issue for a lot of us and we all have to find the best ways to manage it.

~Cheri

I have gained 5 lb....8mth out and it sucks...getting Hungary all the time again....

I have gained 5 lb....8mth out and it sucks...getting Hungary all the time again....

8 months was also the time I started to feel more hunger coming back. Keep writing things down, eat more veggies to fill up, and some say that stomach acid can cause hunger... do you take a PPI?