Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Hello my peeps!

It feels like FOOOOOREVER since I've posted here. I haven't weighed in a looooooong time

:-(...the last time I weighed myself I was 147 which would be a 3 lb. gain from my lowest of 144. I fear I may be at least 155 now, but not sure.

I'm still wearing 6-8 however some of the 6's feel snug and I FEEL BLOATED :-(...I have not been eating the way I should and not drinking enough Water (water has always been a problem for me).

I really need to up my exercise back to 5x a week. I have been going to 1 hour Zumba classes Tues, Wed, but I just bought Zumba Fitness Rush for Xbox Kinect and I really LOVE IT! I can do it at home YAY!

SOOOOO with that said I have decided to join weight watchers TOMORROW...I have always loved their program and want to learn about the new 360. I heard fruit is 0 points now LOL! And I really really really need to be accountable to a weekly weigh in. I know I'm gonna get what the heck is this girl doing here looks... but I gotta do, what I gotta do :)

I will probably have to change my weight gain vote from 1-5 lbs to more :-( ....but praying I can get back to that level, I CAN DO IT...Stay tuned...

So happy that you have joined us on this posting.....can't wait to hear more about your success in getting rid of those pesky lbs..... :P

OK here it is.

I had to change my vote from 1-5 lbs. to 10-15 lbs. IT IS POSSIBLE TO GAIN PEOPLE! But I knew that...

No real shocker.You eat bad, you gain, you eat right, you lose or maintain. I know what I need to do, and what I need to STOP doing immediately.

It's just a reminder that sleevie is just a tool and not a miracle worker. He ALWAYS does his part. Still can't eat that much. But I have been fooling myself and eating junk to get around him :-(. Only cheating myself.

Anyway, I'm BACK on TRACK, and I GOT THIS! Can't wait until next Saturdays weigh in!

Have a great week everyone!

OK here it is.

I had to change my vote from 1-5 lbs. to 10-15 lbs. IT IS POSSIBLE TO GAIN PEOPLE! But I knew that...

No real shocker.You eat bad, you gain, you eat right, you lose or maintain. I know what I need to do, and what I need to STOP doing immediately.

It's just a reminder that sleevie is just a tool and not a miracle worker. He ALWAYS does his part. Still can't eat that much. But I have been fooling myself and eating junk to get around him :-(. Only cheating myself.

Anyway, I'm BACK on TRACK, and I GOT THIS! Can't wait until next Saturdays weigh in!

OK here it is.

That is awesome! I'm in the same boat as you. I have about 15# to lose right now to get to my original goal weight of 120#. I had actually gained 18# and like you the clothes I had worn at goal weren't fitting so well. It's easy to slip and think it's still ok but its not. There is also part of the old me that gets into this "I'm always gonna be fat" mindset, so you feel like giving in or up/ whichever.

Like you said this was just a tool. I never forgot that, but the first year or so, it was so much easier to drop the weight. Now that we have moved well beyond the "honeymoon" phase, it can get frustrating when the scale doesn't move as quickly. My schedule doesn't allow for me to visit a gym, but I live on a small farm outside the city and so with Spring here, I hope that more activity gardening, mowing and working outside will give me some of that extra activity I need to facilitate getting those #'s off. It won't give me the cardio that I really need, so I will just have to be extra diligent with my food selection.

Ahhh.... I wish we didn't have to work so hard at this but we do. That's just our new "norm".

That is awesome! I'm in the same boat as you. I have about 15# to lose right now to get to my original goal weight of 120#. I had actually gained 18# and like you the clothes I had worn at goal weren't fitting so well. It's easy to slip and think it's still ok but its not. There is also part of the old me that gets into this "I'm always gonna be fat" mindset, so you feel like giving in or up/ whichever.

Like you said this was just a tool. I never forgot that, but the first year or so, it was so much easier to drop the weight. Now that we have moved well beyond the "honeymoon" phase, it can get frustrating when the scale doesn't move as quickly. My schedule doesn't allow for me to visit a gym, but I live on a small farm outside the city and so with Spring here, I hope that more activity gardening, mowing and working outside will give me some of that extra activity I need to facilitate getting those #'s off. It won't give me the cardio that I really need, so I will just have to be extra diligent with my food selection.

Ahhh.... I wish we didn't have to work so hard at this but we do. That's just our new "norm".

I wish you all the best! WE CAN DO THIS! We have a great tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I so dread the thought of going to the gym. Then I picture that number on the scale and how it never changes if I miss my gym time, and then I trot off to get my gym clothes on.

Believe me, the farther out you are from surgery, the easier it is to gain.

I haven't posted here in forever! I was one of the ones who only lost 50% of the weight that I needed to - well maybe a little more than 50% - originally leaving still about 45 lbs to lose. And then I gained 18 pounds. So when everyone on this board is talking about being at goal and ony gaining 1-3 pounds, needless to say it got a bit depressing and was easier to just not come to the board anymore. Once I hit the +18 lb mark I stayed the same for months and months regardless of what I would eat. But clearly that is not where I wanted to stay. So found something new that is working for me (I think we all need to find our thing that works) and am already down 4 lbs in the past week. So may even start popping in here more often. Now that I see that I am not the only one gaining :-)

OK here it is.

I have so been thinking of you lately! Sorry about the gain, but glad to see you back! I know, when I had to change my 1-5 pound gained UP... well... sad face. This sight is all about telling the truth though and people need to tell the truth so we all can get the benefit. I love the support this far out, from the peeps that have been through it! I have lost 1 pound... don't know if it will stick, but I am looking a little better... I think the small amount of weight lifting I am doing might be kicking in and shaping things up a bit. I only lift about 15-20 minutes twice a week after dance class. I am getting some muscles in my arms... and my waist is a little bit smaller looking...cant find my measuring tape for the life of me, Ill heave to get another. Anyway, its still a journey, and theres just not enough energy to supply a happy life and feeling miserable about gaining some weight....so I'm just trying to find my way to stay the same or lose if possible, and enjoy life at the same time. Cheers girls!

I haven't posted here in forever! I was one of the ones who only lost 50% of the weight that I needed to - well maybe a little more than 50% - originally leaving still about 45 lbs to lose. And then I gained 18 pounds. So when everyone on this board is talking about being at goal and ony gaining 1-3 pounds, needless to say it got a bit depressing and was easier to just not come to the board anymore. Once I hit the +18 lb mark I stayed the same for months and months regardless of what I would eat. But clearly that is not where I wanted to stay. So found something new that is working for me (I think we all need to find our thing that works) and am already down 4 lbs in the past week. So may even start popping in here more often. Now that I see that I am not the only one gaining :-)

OMG PAMMMMMMMMM!

YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT! We must find what works for each of us! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! Miss you!

I have so been thinking of you lately! Sorry about the gain, but glad to see you back! I know, when I had to change my 1-5 pound gained UP... well... sad face. This sight is all about telling the truth though and people need to tell the truth so we all can get the benefit. I love the support this far out, from the peeps that have been through it! I have lost 1 pound... don't know if it will stick, but I am looking a little better... I think the small amount of weight lifting I am doing might be kicking in and shaping things up a bit. I only lift about 15-20 minutes twice a week after dance class. I am getting some muscles in my arms... and my waist is a little bit smaller looking...cant find my measuring tape for the life of me, Ill heave to get another. Anyway, its still a journey, and theres just not enough energy to supply a happy life and feeling miserable about gaining some weight....so I'm just trying to find my way to stay the same or lose if possible, and enjoy life at the same time. Cheers girls!

Yes it's all about the TRUTH...the truth sets us free, sometimes hard to face :-( but ultimately is best. That's why I came back and am sharing my story, not to be judged but hopefully it will help someone else. We all need encouragement and support. That's why I started this post as well, so others would know the TRUTH about weight gain post wls.

I am encouraged to see you dancing, lifting weights, and that you keep keeping on, YOU GO GIRL :-), so awesome!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I so dread the thought of going to the gym. Then I picture that number on the scale and how it never changes if I miss my gym time, and then I trot off to get my gym clothes on.

Believe me, the farther out you are from surgery, the easier it is to gain.

Amen sister!

Can you share what's working? I am so fed up. I am tired of all the good things I know I should eat. I am tired of all my exercises. I am trying to to learn new things.

Such a life long battle. I am very happy to be battling it at this weight though, than over 200 lbs and gaining like I was.

Oregondaisy - My biggest problem was that I always wanted to eat. Even though I still have great restriction, we all know that if you eat all day you are consuming way too many calories. My SIL had gastrci bypass many years ago and had lost and regained over the years. All of a sudden she was down 42 pounds and my niece down about 20 so I asked them what they were doing. They said they were on the Bee Pollen Diet and just took this pill (or two) each day. As desperate as I was, I decided to try it. I've only been on it almost two weeks now - the first week you just take one pill so I didn't really lose but I didn't gain either. Then you start on taking two pills in the morning and I was shocked at what it did to my appetite. I will start to think I want food, but then when I think about it I don't want it - at all. When I eat (haven't change what I eat at this point just trying to stay away from junk) my appetite is really diminished. I've lost 4 lbs this second week and have tons of energy. The only problem is that I have so much energy that sometimes it is hard to get to sleep at night but nothing serious. I watched my SIL struggle for so long after her bypass and she looks amazing now. How these pills make me feel is how many explain they feel after a sleeve - but for me, I never really lost my appetite - imaginary or real.

I am not recommending this but just saying that for me, I love how it takes away my appetite and allows my sleeve to work as a tool.

Here is the website: http://beepollendiet.com/ I guess there are alot of fakes out there that have copied these folks, so my SIL said to make sure you order from this site. She has no interest in the company, just knows it is working for she and her daughter.

And I feel great for the first time in a long time :-)

Oh, and one more thing - if you "like" them on Facebook they provide discount codes. Wish I had known that sooner because I paid full price but they said they will give me the 30% discount on my next order.

Thanks! that sounds interesting. They don't say what is in those pills.< /p>

They are kind of expensive too. Do you take one or two per day?

OK y'all I have exactly 5.0 lbs. to lose to get back to my normal bmi goal weight!!!! And 11 if I want to get back to my lowest weight reached...what's funny is my hubby just told me he really likes me as is, and skinny is not good :(...I shared it's not about skinny for me, but healthy and that's where I want to be with the normal bmi weight.

Anyhoo, I will keep you all posted. Have a fabulous week! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!