Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

This advice is also good for clothes!!! I was amazed how fast I went through sizes so be careful when you buy things. I only shopped at Ross or Target because I didn't want to spend much money on clothes I wouldn't wear for a long time. Even still, I was THRILLED when I finally reached a size 12, only to see that I only could wear them for a few WEEKS before I was in a 10, now I am in an 8. So my three size 12 pants are practically new and I really can't wear them. So be very selective on your way down; try to buy things that have a little more staying power, or that might be a teeny tight. It really surprised me how fast my size changed.

I figue i will but pants with drwstrings, shirts that can easily be altered, until i get to my final size. I luckily can wear pretty casual clothes to work. I have been stocking up on liquid vitamins and calcium chews, when they go on sale.

My daughter always makes fun of my typos. Sorry!

Those calcium chews you can buy in the store are the wrong kind of Calcium. We need calcium citrate, not calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate is hard to absorb.

I think the Sytrax nectar drinks are way better than Isopure. The sample packet is a really good deal. There is a whole list of places to get samples if you look in the food forum under Protein Drinks. That way, you can try a few things without having to get stuck with a bunch of stuff you don't like.

I am so glad my Walmart carrys the Power Crunch bars. They are so yummy. It's hard to just eat one. I want another one later .200 calories is a lot of calories though, so I have to be careful. They are the cheapest place I've found them.

Hello all of you AB FAB 50 Somethings!

I'm just starting my VSG journey -- and' date=' like everyone else -- it's been a long time coming. If it weren't so sad, it would probably make an awesome dance. I'm callin' it the VSG BOOGIE -- Two steps forward, one step back, slide to the side, move to the back, jump through the hoops, now twist to the left, then skate to the right. Now Everybody JUMP JUMP JUMP. (Okay, so it's a work in progress, but then again, so am I. For now, it's just an interpretive dance...)

I've decided that my mental theme song for the first part of my VSG Boogie is "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it...." Then again, maybe I'm just mental enough to begin with :lol:

Bette Davis once said "Getting old ain't for sissies" and BOY was she right. So, I've decided that at 56, I'm not even close to old, but I am ALMOST perfectly aged (like fine wine or cheese). No Mad Dog 2020 or Limburger for me thank you very much.

There's one thing I'm really, really looking forward to....taking a step and not having to wait for my butt to catch up and stop shakin'.

Looking for mentors, accountability partners, and having fun, fun, fun till Big Daddy takes the TBird away. :P

[/quote']

You are too funny! I'm doing the exact same dance. Waiting for a surgery date. Keep on keeping on--you rock!

Bariatric Advantage has a line of delicious calcium citrate chews. I take Cal-trate tablets (mini tabs) but plan to change to the chews after I finish my current bottle, my girlfriend shared a few samples of the chews and they were so good - almost like a little treat but without the sugar.

Hi everyone! I hit a big milestone today - actually weigh less than the lie on my drivers license!!

You are too funny! I'm doing the exact same dance. Waiting for a surgery date. Keep on keeping on--you rock!

I'm waiting for my surgery date, too!

I got my surgery date last week. Woo-hoo! I'm scheduled for 11 September. Go to pre-op appt tonight!

September 10th for me! I am 52 and looking forward to getting sexy and healthy!

Cheers,

Dottie

• I'm 51 almost 52 I'm 6 months out and lost 75 lbs. No wrinkles but sagging skin in abundance, will be looking at Tummy Tuck, breast augmentation and maybe my arms done. It all depends on the $$$'s. But so happy I had the surgery I feel better look better and well I'm all around better. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

I'm getting jealous!!! I go next week for my last NUT appt for the 6 mths supervised weight loss and then cross my fingers and toes for approval! I want to join all you losers!

I know it is so hard to wait. I had three months that turned into 5 months before surgery. But It is so worth it. You should check in here often for support. We are here for you.

Aloha! I am 59 and scheduled for surgery on Sept. 7. I love reading about your success, I was worried that post op might be tougher for this old girl than it is for the younger folks:)

Aloha! I am 59 and scheduled for surgery on Sept. 7. I love reading about your success' date=' I was worried that post op might be tougher for this old girl than it is for the younger folks:)[/quote']

I worry the same thing. Wished I'd done it years ago, but there was little known about the sleeve before and bipass was not my choice.

bmi.png