Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Oh by the way I have not heard a thing from the doctors in Mexico.

call me kat when you get a chance 623 313 0215...

I'm glad you're starting to eat more Kat. That's encouragaing and I am sure you'll heal better if you're able to keep your Protein up.

The first time I thought I was going to burst my sleeve it was also from mushy fish. It was so good. I didn't think I overate, but then 15 min later, I thought I was going to explode.

I am sure you didn't hurt your sleeve in any way.

You're in my prayers every day for a quicker recovery to feel better soon.

Kat...so good to hear from you...i'm praying for your speedy recovery ... You have been through so much already....it's time for the smile to return.... :)

Thanks oregondaisy

I kept my food down yesterday and boy was I sure I measured lol. On my way to get packing changed ugg. So tired of this..

Thanks again keep writing.

Thanks tjmom

Sure haven't felt like smiling. I can't even get my walking in due to the pain. My husband asked me yesterday if I could change one thing about this experience what would it be - my answer was I would have never gone alone to make sure I got the care I deserved. Also money is not everything. I would definitely stick to the states and not Mexico.

Hi Everyone, I was sleeved on Jan 18th and have lost 45 lbs so far. I'm taking it very slow so that I don't succumb to any old habits - like eating ice cream or cake etc. I was sleeved in Mexico with Dr Kelly and had a wonderful experience. I still have trouble gauging portion size. I try to stop eating the minute I feel the slightest bit full. It doesn't always work. So when I overdo it - I found that if I drink some hot tea immediately after it helps push the food out and I get relief almost immediately. I never drink liquids while eating because I read a post from another sleever who said he had lost and then regained over 100 lbs and blamed it on that. It expands your sleeve allowing us to pack in too much food.

Sorry this is so long. I really only meant to mention the tea and then got carried away.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Kat-hope you're better today. I feel so bad for you. Infections can happen anywhere. People in the states get them all the time so dont beat yourself up for going to Mexico. Alot of us had our surgery there and came home without an issue.

The thing that most upsets me is the lack of response from your coordinator and the doctor. It's my guess that he wasn't made aware of the situation from the coordinator. Is that possible?

Hi andre8967

Congratulations and thanks for the information. Yes Dr. Garcia was made aware of the situation by phone and email by myself but to no avail. I am trying very hard to stay strong through this experience. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I M suppose to be healed by then but I still have 3 weeks of this to go ugg. Thanks for the kind words it does help.

Kat

When I was going to go to Dr. Garcia i had the question of why has no one called this pt and my coordinator had no idea who Kat was so i sent a pic and her story to "remind" them of who Kat was and then her answer was the Dr. has not recieved any pics from this pt. Her next comment was ppl like to destroy Dr names..I guess my answer that I was expecting to hear from my coordinator was ,she does have an infection and we are going to contact this pt but nope!!!

Hi Kat...

Did the doctors in the ER here in the US put a name to this infection? Did they give you any indication of how you got it (unsterile instruments, etc) You'd probably be able to help many future self-pay patients by your horrible experience. Dr Garcia gave you two days of IV antibiotics right? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this couldve happened. Did you see signs of the infection in Mexico before you went home?

Sorry for all the questions. You got a raw deal and future patients might be able to learn from this.

Dr Kelly gave us his cell phone number even before we arrived in Mexico. I texted him a few times post surgery and he actually initiated a couple of conversations. Maybe it would be a good idea - going forward - for all patients to have access to their doctors cells. I know your coordinator and had a very bad experience with her. I chose to go directly to the doctor without her. She's extremely untrustworthy and from personal experience - She's a liar. If she told you the doctor is aware of your infection - I wouldn't believe her unless you've spoken to the doctor personally. Not thru her. Personally. If you're 100 percent certain dr Garcia is aware of your problem and chose to ignore it you should tell everyone on this forum so future patients are made aware of his incompetence. I'm guessing you've only spoken to his coordinator. I truly mean no disrespect. I applaud your courage. I am just having difficulty understanding how a doctor in Mexico - who relies almost entirely on referrals - would choose to ignore an infection. Especially when you're on a forum with thousands of future patients reading this.

I hope you don't think I'm rude or anything. Infections happen but the fact that you weren't taken care of post-surgery is inexcusable.

Hi andrea8967

Yes the doctors gave a name to it which starts with an s. go back and read my posts from June 19 th forward and you see the whole story. I suspected I had the infection when I left the hospital but they just said it was red due to surgery. Yes I was on the antibiotics by I've and then on pill form for 7 days I believe it was avenol. Remember I was left alone at the hotel with no one checking up on me even after requesting. I know Dr. Garcia is aware of my situation as I emailed him at his personal email with no response. Perhaps if I was given the care I was promised I would not be in ths situation. I have written everything on the forum not to "bad"mouth" anyone but to make everyone cautious. Everyone must make their own decision.

Once you have rad my threads since the 19th I am sure you will get what has happened. No you are not insulting me. I know there are other people out there who had a negative experience but I did my homework so I thought before I made my decision. I am an intelligent person who is in the legal field for 28 years. Thanks for caring. Kat

Health scare group:, the full liquid diet I've been on to prepare for surgery July 5th caused me to become dehydrated yesterday w/ severe tummy cramps, & excruciating diarrhea. I ended up passing out completely on my bathroom floor 3 times, & once in the emergency room where I was until 4am this morning. The ER / dr pumped fluids in me, all tests & vitals came normal & diagnosis was dehydration. I feel a ton better. This Texas heat n' humidity ain't no joke...I thought I was hydrating myself adequately, but was not :-( At home drinking Gatorade per the ER dr's orders, also have a small urinary tract infection with prescribed meds. Waiting for my surgeon to call back now, most likely my surgery will be delayed & that's fine with me, dehydration is nothing to play with o_O will keep you all posted....vhoke1 (Vikki).

Wow choke I M glad you are okay. The extreme heat wave you are having is not helping. Get better.

Kat is the bacteria you got called Shigella? I am asking because when my son was a teenager we went to Rosarito Beach, just south of Tijuana for vacation. The day we left to head to San Diego for a few days, my son became violently ill and I took him to the ER in San Diego. They ran tests on him and said he got shigella, a very serious bacteria that had to be treated with a specific antibiotic. The hospital had to make a report to the Department of Health in San Diego county. Two weeks later when we returned to Los Angeles, the L.A. Department of Health came to my home to ask a lot of questions about where we were in Mexico, where we ate, etc. and to follow up on whether the meds were taken completely, and they wanted to see the empty prescription bottle. It was rather alarming. I never went back to Mexico, even though I used to love vacationing down there, it was just too risky. There are bacterias that live in the Water, and also present when people do not properly wash their hands and or instruments.

I really hope you are doing better. I know the packing and cleaning of your incisions is awful. My husband had a stomach infection when he was a child that had to be cleaned like that after he fell from a swing onto a picket fence, and bacteria from the fence entered his body. He said it was like a horrible nightmare he could not wake up from.

You hear of people getting staph and other infections in hospitals, it is very scary...I am so sorry this happened to you, but you are brave and I applaud your strength.

Wow choke I M glad you are okay. The extreme heat wave you are having is not helping. Get better.

Thanks Kat, I'm resting now, drinking plenty of Gatorade & waiting for my de to call me back...