Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

vhoke1~ That has to be miserable. I hope that you feel much better very quickly!

vhoke1~ That has to be miserable. I hope that you feel much better very quickly!

Thanks do much! I'm feeling quite better, my dr out me back on a regular low fat solid food diet so it was wonderful to have scrambled eggs n' oats today;) my surgery will be rescheduled, which is fine with me. I'm home recooperating, and will work from home the remainder of the week as I'm still contagious from the stomach virus I caught :( will keep everyone posted. :)

Thanks do much! I'm feeling quite better' date=' my dr out me back on a regular low fat solid food diet so it was wonderful to have scrambled eggs n' oats today;) my surgery will be rescheduled, which is fine with me. I'm home recooperating, and will work from home the remainder of the week as I'm still contagious from the stomach virus I caught :( will keep everyone posted. :)[/quote']

New band to sleeve surgery date is this July 12, 2012 (6 days :)

Wonderful news.... 6 days will fly by.. :)

Wonderful news.... 6 days will fly by.. :)

Thank you soooo much! I'm ready to do this! Congrats to you all as well!

Hi! I am being sleeved August 13th, by Dr. Ortiz in TJ. Age is 55.

Kat1, wow, I am so sorry that you are being treated (or rather not treated at all) like this by your doc. I also wonder if he is aware....is there any other way other than through your coordinator to get in touch with him? I have read and re-read the forums and that surprised me as I had read mostly good stuff about 90% of the docs.

I am also traveling alone, so will make sure I make lots of noise about anything that is "off".

I am scared and I am thrilled at the same time. HAve been significantly overweight (okay, FAT!!) since I was 24 so am ready ready ready to move on and be done with this....

:):D:lol:

Hi all. It has been awhile since I have posted. Been out of town. I guess I am 5 weeks out now and just shy of 30 lbs. Everything has been going pretty well for me. I am released to eat what I want now, which is not much. Still having problems feeling queazy after I eat, and at times loosing everything I eat. Overall feeling pretty good though.

Kat, you are still in my prayers. Are you getting better? Have they finished the vinegar cleans routine?

Best of luck to those of you preparing for surgery.

Hi new hope

Thought of you often and wondered if you were okay. Yes the vinegar packing part is done but they still pack it with some other mixture now. Go three times a week now to have it changed. They assessed it today and the one hole measures 1 and 1/2 inches deep. Ugg. they figure another 6 weeks of this. There goes my swimming for this year. Hard to keep sitting by the pool and not go in lol.

I too am having a hard time keeping food down. It is 4 weeks for me today. Also the empty feeling I get in my stomach is bothering me not sure if is gas. other than that I am trying to keep my chin up. The smile is not back yet. Lol

Stay in touch and hope you can keep regular food down okay. Try just baby spoons at first. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kat

Hi Southern Oregon

Good luck. Remember just because I had a bad experience does not mean that you will. Just make sure you have the aftercare. If you notice any redness around your incision demand attention. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep in touch.

Kat

Good to hear from you New_Hope and Kat1....been awhile for me too...

NewHope i agree with Kat1, baby spoon bites...also allow time between bites....

Kat1.....i am sorry still a long road ahead of you...lean on me if you need more support... I get the empty tummy feeling, still not easy for me to figure out all the different feelings....

I found out today that the $1600.00 i paid to have an agreement with a NUT in Edmonds to come see me (and all other clients in the area) here in Bellingham, was all for not.... The NUT center will no longer be driving the 90 minutes to Bellingham to see clients ....

I can either do phone chats, skipe or i can drive down there.... So, to say the least i feel like they are no longer holding up their end of the agreement...

I feel abandoned....

Southern Oregon.....good luck on surgery in August...My sleeve was done on May 2nd... I am down 43 lbs ... The journey has been interesting and successful ... you will be in my prayers.

Good to hear from you New_Hope and Kat1....been awhile for me too...

NewHope i agree with Kat1, baby spoon bites...also allow time between bites....

Kat1.....i am sorry still a long road ahead of you...lean on me if you need more support... I get the empty tummy feeling, still not easy for me to figure out all the different feelings....

I found out today that the $1600.00 i paid to have an agreement with a NUT in Edmonds to come see me (and all other clients in the area) here in Bellingham, was all for not.... The NUT center will no longer be driving the 90 minutes to Bellingham to see clients ....

I can either do phone chats, skipe or i can drive down there.... So, to say the least i feel like they are no longer holding up their end of the agreement...

I feel abandoned....

Seems like if they don't want to complete the agreement they should be willing to give you a refund.

Hi new hope

Thought of you often and wondered if you were okay. Yes the vinegar packing part is done but they still pack it with some other mixture now. Go three times a week now to have it changed. They assessed it today and the one hole measures 1 and 1/2 inches deep. Ugg. they figure another 6 weeks of this. There goes my swimming for this year. Hard to keep sitting by the pool and not go in lol.

I too am having a hard time keeping food down. It is 4 weeks for me today. Also the empty feeling I get in my stomach is bothering me not sure if is gas. other than that I am trying to keep my chin up. The smile is not back yet. Lol

Stay in touch and hope you can keep regular food down okay. Try just baby spoons at first. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kat

Kat, so sorry to here your smile is not back yet. My prayers are that it will start healing quicker than they anticipated. I know what you mean about those feelings. I can't decide if I'm hungry, nauseous, or food stuck somewhere. I'm trying to ignore the feelings in my stomach most of the time, and pretend it is just very confused, lol.

Hi tjmom

What a horrible thing to cancel after you paid. I hope they are going to reimburse you. There must be something online. I don't have one either so I am relying on my friends (you) to give me the advice lol. I am doing okay not great but managing. Another six weeks of this is dragging me down. I am a summer person so seeing it slip by and not being able to do much is making me depressed. But this too will pass I hope. Glad to hear from you. We are so funny how we withdraw when we are upset lol. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Work has been crazy busy which is good. Big hug for now. Kat

Well, wanted to check in with the "50s" - went to my 2 year surgiversary check up with Dr. Gibbs (a month late!) And all great! Felt so good to go in - get on the scale and not be embarrassaed or ashamed. Plus to think that two whole years have gone by and I am right where I want to be - lost most of my regain bounce back that I added by adding bad carbs late last year so I was happy all in all. No meds, no issues except making sure to watch my diet! So thrilled to be where I am right now as a "sleever!"