Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

good for yall. I've tried to get my daughter to consider this or even the band but she is scared. She has to come off my ins in Nov... not much time. I'm so glad I did it.

Don't let her get a band. They should be taken off the market.

Just read the band to sleeve revision forum. The band is a nightmare!

Wow lots of new people! That's great and welcome everyone pre and postop! I was sleeved 4/23 and very happy I did it. I think it's great that there are so many of us 50s out here!!!

Kat - I thought that was a great idea to let your surgeon know what happened, and then to hear you did that and haven't heard a word is SHOCKING and unbelievable to me. I hope you check out that complications forum too to find someone who had a similar situation. I know that you are a warm, caring, and sweet person. I hate it that you feel like giving up, and pray that you stay strong and work through this. You know that we are here for you every step of the way, so please keep your chin up and put that smile back on your face. Stay right here with us and we'll get through this together okay?

Thanks New_Hope :-) I'm wondering how I will be able to get it in myself post op. if I might ask, what was your experience from surgery date to now, 3 weeks post op as far as how you felt right after surgery, when you were discharged, and now? How's your energy? How was the pain levels? As far as being satiated, is that immediate?

I was up and walking every few hours in the hospital the first day. Very little pain. Very tired the first 1 - 1.5 weeks. Basically lived on Water and sugar free popsicle's the first week. The doctor told me if I couldn't get Protein in the first week not to worry about it, to focus on getting the fluids in. At three weeks out I am on mushy soft foods. I am still having problems getting enough protein in. So far since surgery I can't stand any of my Protein Drinks. I have not been able to keep my food down about 6 times since going to mushies. Yesterday was a pretty good day, I was able to keep down about 375 calories, 30 carbs, 13 fats, and 37 Proteins. My energy has been very good. I ride a bicycle several times a week doing around 5 miles each time at a leisurely pace. Trying to up that to 10 miles per ride. I am not losing as fast as I had hoped, but maybe it is because I am not eating enough and my body is in starvation mode, not sure. I have not been hungry at all.

Hi canadianprairirgirl

Yes I have contacted him and sent pictures of the infection gross. I have not heard a word back. I am now in God's hands and pray to lead me out of this. Thanks and please stay in touch.

Kat

This is my biggest fear.. Has the dr contacted you yet?

Kat1, you have been on my mind all day. I hope that things are looking better for you. I have no idea about your pain since I have never been there but I truly hope that you get better very quickly.

Hello everyone!

Well it has been a couple of days since I wrote to everyone. They are packing my incisions with vinegar and Water twice a day. The first day they did not freeze it at all. I have never felt such pain in my life. After that I went to the drug store and purchased the xylocane and made sure they freeze it before they touch me. It still hurts to a certain point but you can tolerate it. This routine will continue to Monday then the will do a different packing ugg. sleeping is the problem as I am not a back sleeperso I just snooze a lot. That is all for now.

I had my first experience with eating too much last night. I forgot to measure my muchy fish and only guessed at the amount. Whew that was not a fun experience. It took everything not to vomit but I manged to work through it. Why do I have this constant feeling of my stomach being empty? That is driving me nuts too.

This weekend is our Canadian holiday weekend celebrating Canada Day but as you can guess I will be laying low trying to heal

Thank you everyone for your kind words and please keep the prayers coming. I truly believe without him walking with me I would have given up. I treasure you all and I am working on trying to get the smile back lol.

I do have one question - how do you know if you have damaged your sleeve. I will be three weeks on Monday, what an experience. God Blesskeep the notes coming as I look everyday to see what's going on. Thanks again

Kat.

Oh by the way I have not heard a thing from the doctors in Mexico.

Kat,

Your brain is trying to understand the new stomach. I was feeling that to but after a while your brain figures it all out that feeling will stop. And whether you weight your food or not you will learn when to stop eating. Its just a matter of your brain getting use to the new signals you stomach is sending to it. Feel better, Get better.

Hi all - Kat good to hear from you. I don't think you need to worry about damaging your sleeve. It will stop you way before you have a chance to hurt it. Just follow your diet plan and you'll be fine. Work on getting your Protein and fluids in and you are going to heal and be strong!

Well Monday will be 10 wks postop for me, and I have barely done any exercise. Today, I went to the local health club and joined!!! I have to wait for dr clearance, and then will go for my fitness assessment and workout plan. Then I just have to make myself go! Really want to firm up as I lose, so I hope that will be enough incentive.

Another thing I did was have my first diet pepsi since before preop diet. I really enjoyed it! I don't want to become a maniac with it again, but it will be nice to have a choice and enjoy it in moderation.

This is why I have chosen another Dr. My heart goes out to you Kat..

I inquired why no one followed up with you.. no one knew who you were then I reminded them ..then it was you were trying to destroy them........I then knew what was going on..My thoughts n prayers go out to you Kat

I inquired why no one followed up with you.. no one knew who you were then I reminded them ..then it was you were trying to destroy them........I then knew what was going on..My thoughts n prayers go out to you Kat

Kat1, I'm praying for your continued healing after this horrible ordeal. But I also want to thank you for being on this forum and trying to help and advise others even though you clearly have your own problems. You are an example of the best this forum has to offer. Thank you!

G.

Kat1' date=' I'm praying for your continued healing after this horrible ordeal. But I also want to thank you for being on this forum and trying to help and advise others even though you clearly have your own problems. You are an example of the best this forum has to offer. Thank you!

G.[/quote']

DITTO!!!!!