Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Great to hear how well you are doing. I wish you further success for years.

Thanks, Y'all! (doesn't that sound like Paula Deen??) lol.

Getting the happy butterflies in my tummy, my band to sleeve surgery date is tomorrow @ 12:30pm (cst) ^_^

vhoke....good luck with everything. Walk as soon as they allow you to after surgery, it really helps is you have gas pains. Don't try and push yourself once you get home, allow plenty of time for rest so that you heal, and try your best to stay hydrated and get your Protein in. Did you get Isopure, sugar free drinks and broth for your first few days post op?

vhoke....good luck with everything. Walk as soon as they allow you to after surgery' date=' it really helps is you have gas pains. Don't try and push yourself once you get home, allow plenty of time for rest so that you heal, and try your best to stay hydrated and get your Protein in. Did you get Isopure, sugar free drinks and broth for your first few days post op?[/quote']

Hi Katie713, thanks is much for tour kind words :-) I do have everything in stock but what worries me is getting my required protein & liquids down. How were you able to achieve this? Should I use maybe a medicine cup so that I make sure that I'm taking small sips instead of gulps? I previously has a band (it's being removed). So the walking I'm going to do as soon as they let me :-) another concern is dehydration after surgery . My new tummy will be very small, how long does it take Clear Liquids to pass thru? These are some of the things I'm not sure of, any advice from all is welcomed :-) thanks Katie713!

*on the losers bench tomorrow*

Dar1983...hello! Wow, I wish I could have done this with my daughter....now you can support each other, how cool is that. Get all your supplies ready, that way you're all set. Good luck!

I have to tell you, my daughter did all the work in terms of finding us a good Protein Shake (we tested lots of them!) her surgery was June 6th, and so far, she has lost 40lbs! I am one week out, and have lost 11lbs. We have taken lots of "before" photos and look foward to those "after" photos.

Even at 11lbs, this sleeve has been life-changing

Getting the happy butterflies in my tummy, my band to sleeve surgery date is tomorrow @ 12:30pm (cst) ^_^

best of luck to you!

Thanks' date=' Y'all! (doesn't that sound like Paula Deen??) lol.[/quote']

Congrats on keeping at goal. You inspire me. You sound like a very fit Paula Dean. LOL

Hi Katie713' date=' thanks is much for tour kind words :-) I do have everything in stock but what worries me is getting my required Protein & liquids down. How were you able to achieve this? Should I use maybe a medicine cup so that I make sure that I'm taking small sips instead of gulps? I previously has a band (it's being removed). So the walking I'm going to do as soon as they let me :-) another concern is dehydration after surgery . My new tummy will be very small, how long does it take clear liquids to pass thru? These are some of the things I'm not sure of, any advice from all is welcomed :-) thanks Katie713!

*on the losers bench tomorrow*[/quote']

My team told me for up to a week if I had trouble getting the protein down not to worry about it. Focus on the Water to keep from getting dehydrated.

best of luck to you!

Thanks! U too ;)

I am a 50's person who is getting the sleeve next week. Yikes!

Welcome :)

Good luck on your pending surgery...

Shelley you will soon be on the loser's bench!! Good luck.

vhoke - the medicine cup is a great idea. You literally have to have your water/fluids next to you at all times. Take tiny sips and do it all day long. I was able to meet those requirements from the very beginning doing it like that. And if I wasn't drinking Water or broth, it was a Protein Drink - which was 3 times a day. Sometimes when I would take a sip that was too big, I would swallow just a little and hold the rest in my mouth for a little bit until I could swallow again.