Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi Teri,

Sorry we missed you! I was with Jeanette sitting up front next to Cindy. I did not get your post until returning home, so I did not know to look for you in your red shirt. Maybe we can meet next month...Take care, Lisa

Anyone attending the northland support group on 11-19-08, 7:30 PM? I am planning to be there, and I hope to see some familiar faces!:rolleyes2:

Hi Lisa, I didn't login til today, but I was NOT at the meeting last nite. However, I noticed there is one tonite at SMMC at 6:00, they moved it up a week early because of XMAS and my husband and I plan on being there tonite. Maybe we can meet up tonite. I have a blue and white shirt on with blue jeans. My coat is green and beige. Maybe we'll see you tonite.

Hey, sorry I haven't been on but we have had a rough month and it is only getting worse. Won't be able to come to tonights meeting. This will be one of the first meetings I am missing. My brother is in stage 4 kidney failure and in the hospital right now. He only has 10%-15% of his kidneys working and now may have heart problems. So, I hope everyone has a good meeting and we will try to be to the holiday party on Dec. 4th.

I can't make it tonight at SMMC because I am working. But I will be at the party in Dec. for sure.

Jeanette: sorry to hear about your brother. Things are progressing rapidly. If you need anything, let me know.

Last night's group was small, but good. Talked about how to get through the good and difficult aspects of the holidays. It was helpful.

Jeannette sorry to hear about your brother, I know you are having a rough time of it. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Lisa sorry you can't make it tonite.

My husband and I are planning on coming to the XMAS party maybe we'll meet up then.

Hi All!

Wanted to let everyone know I saw Dr. Hoen yesterday and my surgery date is 1/14/09! I am really excited! Been a long wait...lol

Nancy:biggrin::cursing:

Yea! I know how excited you must be to finally have a date!!!

Welcome to the group...Lisa

Nancy- Yeah!! Good to hear that you have a date. The feeling is incredible. I am happy for you.

Hey to everyone! Sorry I haven't been on. It has been a very difficult month. My brother is in stage 4 kidney failure and has been in and out of the hospital. We are trying to get him to start dialysis and hope that it will start in the next week or so. Sorry I missed the meeting but I was staying with him in the hospital.

I hope everyone is coming to the PARTY tonight. Don't forget to bring something good to eat. I am bringing turkey deli meat and cheese.

See everyone later.

Jeanette

Hello....

Any suggestions for cold/flu medicine? Is liquid NyQuil OK?

:tongue2::frown::thumbup::frown::tt1::frown::smile2::frown::smile2::frown::sad::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone is doing well. I know things have been busy. Tax season has started so I am busier than ever and working longer hours. Just wanted to see if anyone else has looked at the kcbariatric site to see that Nola is leaving. She has been there for many of us and I am sad to see that she is leaving. I am hoping the best for her.

Hope everyone is doing well and back on track with eating and Protein. I know I have been struggling.

Hope to see everyone at the next meeting (Feburary).

Jeanette

I didn't know Nola was leaving, I'll have to check out the website. I know my husband has been waiting for the letter of authorization that Nola's office submits to the insurance company for over a month. When he talked to Nola mid-December she said it was on her desk and next in line but as of yesterday still no word from their office as to whether it was done. When my husband called the office yesterday, he was told Cindy was working on it, that explains it. I'll have to let him know, now maybe they will get busy with his letter. He's getting frustrated it's taking longer to jump thru the hoops than it did for me, grrrrrr!

Just wanted to see if anyone else has looked at the kcbariatric site to see that Nola is leaving.

Jeanette

I must be missing something, I dont see anywhere on their website that says Nola is leaving????????

Nola's announcement was on the page where the Support group information was but now it's gone. It also appears that the support group meetings are being moved to a different day and time. If the groups are going to meet from 3:30-5:00 I won't be able to make it. I'm hoping this change isn't a permanent one.

Maybe someone here can help, I have been trying to reach Dr Sabapathy's office for 2 weeks now. I leave a message on the answering machine but no one is calling me back. I even called Dr Hoehn's office to be sure I had the correct number. Any idea's? Is Dr S still in business?