Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

OK, great suggestion, I'll did out something red...does everyone have a red top?

I've got a red top, I'll wear mine and I'll have on blue denim shorts. See ya Thursday.

I dug out my red Nebraska Huskers T-shirt...I am not really a fan, but my husband got it for me because it was the only sports t-shirt he could find at the time that had the #13 on it (our anniversary date, he was being cute). Not sure what I will be wearing on the bottom...I guess whatever fits and does not bother my incisions.

See you there!

I have a shirt that is reddish-orangish. I'll wear it with jeans. Great idea!

Yes I have red and will wear it. I can't remember what it is at the moment but I have something red. Can't wait to see everyone at the meeting.

Jeanette

I've had a change of plans and will be leaving early for vacation late this afternoon, so I won't be at the meeting tonite. Hope to see everyone next month, maybe we can do the red thing again next month so I can figure out who everyone is, lol. Have a great long weekend everyone.

I've had a change of plans as well. I found out that we have open house for my daughter at her school tonight. Unfortunately, it will overlap with the meeting. I will shoot for next month as well! I hope the meeting goes well. Have a great weekend!

Erika

I hate to be a party poop, but I've been fighting a Migraine all day - probably the weather changes. I don't think I feel well enough to attend the support group meeting tonight. I am disappointed, anxious to meet all of you. I will plan on September meeting and hope nothing will interfere. Have a great evening - and a great holiday weekend...

We missed meeting you three this month.

The session was pretty good, it was on addiction transfer. Meaning if you use food to self soothe prior to surgery, you may be vulnerable to other addictions after surgery to self soothe when you are no longer physically able to turn to food. If you have addiction in your family history or if you feel that you have an addictive personality, you want to really pay attention to this because you could be more vulnerable to this. Be sure to process this with the psychologist pre and post surgery, and have a good plan in place to deal with this issue should it crop up for you.

Looking forward to meeting you next month...wear the same red shirts?:smile:

Is there anything we can apply to the incision scars to make them less noticeable?

When I had my Tummy Tuck last fall the plastic surgeon had me rub Vitamin E lotion (not oil) twice a day for a minute in a circular pattern. I had to do this for several MONTHS but now my scar line is perfectly smooth. It's still a bit discolored and looks a bit like a stretch mark but if your eyes are closed you can't feel a thing.

Thanks Diana. Do you have any Vitamin E lotions that you recommend? Also, why lotion vs oil?

Shoot, I knew you'd ask. I have it at home and can't remember the name. I found it at CVS (or maybe Walgreens) it was in a small tub like containger maybe 4-5" diameter and 3-4" tall.

The doc had said there should be minimum of 2,000 i.u. of Vitamin E in the lotion. Which posed the biggest problem as it was hard to find any lotions that listed its Vitamin E content. The lotion I found came in two versions one was a 2,000 i.u. and the other was 5,000 i.u. I'd had some lotion at home that claimed to have vitamin E but didn't state the quantity so to save money and stretch the lotion out I bought the 5,000 i.u. tub and mixed it 50/50 with the lotion at home.

As far as why lotion over oil, and he did seem adamant about that. The best reason his nurse could give me was that the oil would work into the skin to quickly which might tempt you to not massage long or hard enough. She seemed to thing the massaging aspect was almost more important than the vitamin E, and by using the lotion you would naturally end up rubbing longer than with the oil to get it worked into the skin.

Whatever the reason it really did work for me I can even tell a difference in the internal scar tissue from my C-section 5 years ago. It definitely took a commitment to do twice a day for 3-4 months but it was definitely worth the effort.