Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Well, it's 6:30 AM, definitely the wrong side of noon, and I am off to the hospital for surgery! I'll post something as soon as I am able to let you all know my status....Lisa:teeth_smile:

I am home from the hospital, doing fine, on the mend.

I am home from the hospital, doing fine, on the mend.

Hi All,

I am confused about when the support group meeting is this month... I was under the impression the meeting was the 4th Thursday - 6:00-7:30pm. That would be next Thursday, Aug 28th. Is this correct? or is it tomorrow night? Thanks...

next week, and I hope to be there....tonight is the monthly northland support group. I don't remember the location, but if you search recent posts, it should be somewhere on our listserv.

Thanks, Lisa. I don't know why I was suddenly thinking of tomorrow night. I'll wait and go next week when everyone else does.

I hope you are feeling okay and getting some rest. I am looking forward to meeting you next week.

Quick question...when is the gassiness/belching supposed to start, or the internal gas pains? I am one day after surgery, and have not had these yet, but I have read about this from other's posted experiences...am I just lucky?:cursing:

Lisa,

Congrats! I am glad you are doing well. I also remember feeling lucky right after my surgery with no gas pain. It took a couple days for my pain to settle in, but it never got too bad. I had some discomfort in my shoulder and did feel bloated for quite awhile. I am not sure why it didn't settle in sooner. Let us know how you continue to heal. I'll look forward to seeing you guys next week!

I didn't really have any problems with gas pains either.

If by some chance you do. Remeber this is from the gas they pumped into your body to perform the surgery. Many people on LBT try to suggest Gas-X will help. But other than as a placebo effect there really isn't any way it can help as far as I understand, as Gas-X is suppose to help with stopping the production of gas in your stomach and this gas is NOT being produced by your stomach nor is it in your stomach.

Hi all,

Well, just to grumble a little...I live downtown, and the noise from the planes has been going on for two days. These are the loud planes, practicing for the weekend airshow...UGH! Not what you want to listen to while recovering from surgery...

The good news is, that my monthly friend came to visit last week, and was long gone before surgery. Thank goodness! It has been hard enough to wipe after peeing, there is no way I could have also dealt with having a period while recovering!!!

TMI, I know, but we're all friends, right?:P

Lisa I'm so glad you're surgery went well and you're on the mend. You'll probably feel well enough to attend the meeting this Thursday, I went 1 week after surgery and was fine.

JoAnne hope to meet you at the meeting. I post every now and then on the fifties thread and I've read your post and you seem to have so many good words of encouragement. Some days I need more encouraging than others, lol....

Erika hope everything is going well with you since your fill. I've had 4 fills now and I can truly say that I now have restriction. In fact, I've almost got too much restriction but I'm just trying to adjust to it and eating much smaller bites and eating much slower. I am consuming way less food than I was before this fill and I'm happy with the amount that I'm consuming. It's been a little over a week since my last fill and I think I can honestly say that I'm at my sweet spot finally. :(

Hope to see all of you at Thursday's meeting.

OK, I definitely want to meet Thin2beme, Joanne, and Evelas5000 next Thursday in person...I recognize Jeanette and we chat, but I could not pick you other three out of a line up. Maybe we can agree to wear the same color shirt that day, so I can narrow down who to approach in person. I can get shy in large groups, and that's why I did not approach anyone last month except Jeanette.

What do you gals think?

Every day I get stronger, I actually got to sleep for a while on my side today while napping! Tomorrow will probably be the last day I use the pain meds. I got out yesterday twice, in the AM walked around costco with a friend and in the PM sat at a coffee shop and walked around the grocery store with another friend. This evening I walked very slow on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Been getting in between 40-60 gram of Protein, and had creamy Soup today finally. No concerns with nausea or internal gas pain, no excessive burping for farting either. One small red rash under left boob, size of baby carrot, not itchy. Anyone else get a weird rash? Planning to call the doc tomorrow to inquire. It showed up as is on Friday, and has not changed in size or appearance.

Hey Everyone,

Lisa- great to hear that everything went great. Have you lost anything yet? I can't wait to see everyone at group. I am sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. Baby has been sick and I have been trying to get wedding things done.

I had the gas starting that night after sugery. I was blowing them all away. HA HA!! I am glad to hear that you are up and walking some. I went to the air show and we walked around for like 3 hrs today. I am exausted and my legs are killing me. I am going to try the RenFest next weekend and maybe SantaCaligone Days. We shall see. I am trying to get some more weight off before the wedding.

I am willing to wear a color (if I have it). Pick something simple. If anything I can borrow a shirt from someone.

I shall see you all this Thursday.

Have a good week

Jeanette

Can I choose red? My wardrobe is rather limited right now and I have 2 tops I feel presentable in! My favorite of the 2 is RED... I am open to options, though... like red. haha