Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Last time I saw him it was in december. I am sure he is still there.

Do you live far? Could you stop by there?

Hope you get ahold of him soon!

Yes he's still there. His # is 913-676-2370.

Thanks for the replies. I have left 1 more message. If I get no response from it, I guess we will have to drive in there. I just dont get it. We live about 45 minutes away and I think that is ridiculous if I have to resort to driving in, because they wont do their job.

Hi...Hope everyone had a good Valentines Day. I worked. It is my first tax season and boy is it busy and stressful. I just checked out the support group website to see if anything has changed and the website has but the fact that they are only doing the one there and at 3:30-5pm is still the same. Not a thing about Nola anymore. I won't be able to make the meetings at all they are at an inconvienent time. Most people don't get off of work till between 5-6pm. It is sad for me to say that I hope that no one really shows up and they rethink the times and put it back to the 6:30 time. I hope all are in support of this.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Everyone, I was in to Dr. Hoehn's office the other day along with my husband who now has his official surgery date of March 17. Almost 1 year to the day since my surgery last year on March 19. I'm not sure who's more excited him or me, lol. Anyway, I asked about the support group meeting times to find out if they were going to change it back to the evening session and the answer that I got was that they were sorry, but that they are "very short handed". They couldn't say when or if it would change back. But I agree, I can't imagine very many people going to the earlier meeting because of their work schedules. I'm going to try to start going to the KC Bandsters meeting that meets once a month at the Antioch Library off of I-35 and Johnson Drive, but I can't make it this month. I think that meeting is on February 23 at 6:45, but I'm in the middle of training on a part time evening job and can't make that meeting either, so I'll be trying for the meeting in March. I hope everyone is doing well, and keep up the good work.

Hello everyone it's me..Chantay yes its been FOREVER since I have posted I don't even recognise most of you :blushing:( I did see a couple of post from Diane tho...how are you doing? And is Mary still around? Im sure she has passed me way up...I have not had a home computer so that is my main reason for being gone so long...well let me tell you...I have fallen wayyyy off the wagon and sure need to get back on. I had my surgery April 07 I started at 345 and lost down to 275 I had put 20lbs back on...but now I look at the scale and as of last night it read 299 It's a huge reality check because getting to that number was my first goal....under 300!! And now I can't believe I am back up there again. Money issues kept me from going back in for a fill after my gallbladder removal the end of 07 I have not been in for a fill in over a year and I almost eat like I have no band...its terrible but no ones fault but my own. One question I do have though is I use to be able to feel my port very well...but it seems to me I may have scar tissue built up over that area..I was feeling a small port but now when I poke around it sure seems like alot of something going on in there? Anyone else thats had their band awhile experience that? And a couple of times if I would bend over just right I would feel kind of a tightening almost like a stitches pulling sensation...keep in mind I have been banded almost 2 years so I dont think its really stitches pulling...any thoughts? Ok and one more things...I have been gone so long that I dont even know what my ticker is gonna say when this post goes up...but im sure it will be sad :cursing:( ~Chantay

Oh your kidding me...It says Im working towards my first goal of getting under 300..well LOL I have made it...what do you call it when you reach a goal twice only backwards this time....depressing!!! And LOL it says my kids are 16 and 4 but really my daughter is 17 and on her way to adultistm and my son is 5 and in kindergarten!!! K time to do some updating and changing!

Hi Chantay, welcome back, glad to hear you are turning it around. Remember it is a journey, and the best journeys do not always go straight from A to B to C to D...they wind around over to D and G and down to Y and back to D and over to S and maybe revisit B and on to Z at some point. Don't beat yourself up---that ship has sailed and it ain't coming back, so enjoy your journey.

If you are looking for a support group, some of us are still meeting at 6 PM the 3rd Thursaday of the month North of the River at a church on Vivian road. We had 19 participants last night! Still a huge need for people to get together at night after work and give and recieve support from others on the same journey.

Welcome back. Mary hasn't been on here in a long while. I called her a month or two ago after my wedding to check on her and things weren't so great. I know that I have had the same problem. I have been banded for 2 yrs now and have fallen off the wagon and am having a hard time getting back on. I have gained weight back and haven't had the money either to go in for a fill. I hope that I will be able to get one soon and get back to working out. Good luck.

Hi ladies...thanks for the updates...I won't be able to attend any Thu night meetings right now as Im in school Mon and Thu night...to bad tho cuz schools in NKC Im going to Colorado Tech to become a medical assistant Im excited!! Well I actually have an appt with Tim today at 2:45 for another fill like I said I have not been in for over a year so I am in huge need of one...Im gonna have him feel around and see what he thinks bout what I can feel inside kind of around my port..basically I can feel my port like always but there are a few oh I dunno kinda hardish spots maybe its just fat deposits but I didnt feel them a yr ago...does anyone else feel anything there unsure of? But also Im going to ask for 1.5cc I am pretty sure I have 8cc in and I have a 10cc band but I seriously have no restriction...unlesss its with chicken or shredded wheat type cereals..which I should not be eating anyways...And like I said I have gained 28lbs BACK!!!!!

I was banded today (5/6) at SMMC today by Doctor Hoehn. Hoping to met other bandsters from the Kansas City Area

I was banded on 6/17 by the same doctor:)I am doing very well.Glad to see that there is another person in Kansas with the same doctor.

Congratulations on getting the band! I was supposed to get my first fill on 6/16 but had to postpone it due to my husbands grandmother passing away. Her funeral was out of town and on the 16th. I am now getting my fill on July 2nd. I lost 13lbs the week after surgery and only 2lbs since. I have no restriction but am hoping things will change one I get my fill! Good luck on your journey!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this when I was checking out another part of the LapBandTalk website...thought you all might be interested in participating!

icon14.gifLapBandTalk Member Contest

Win a 16GB iPod Nano!

To reward our active posters, referrers, bloggers, members with completed Bandster profiles and new members, LapBandTalk is proud to present our first forum competition!

The competition will take place starting from June 24th 2009, with the prize being awarded on August 31st 2009!

Rules:

1. You need to sign up and become a registered member of LapBandTalk.
  2. You need to make at least 1 post in any forum on LapBandTalk.

3. Your chances of winning correspond to the number of forum posts, blog posts, photos uploaded, completion of your Bandster Profile and referrals made. Please read further for more details.

Prize:

1 X 16GB iPod nano (The more expensive version!) in any of the following colors:

nano-silver.jpgnano-black.jpgnano-purple.jpgnano-blue.jpg

nano-green.jpgnano-yellow.jpgnano-orange.jpgnano-red.jpgnano-pink.jpg

How we select the winner:

On August 31st 2009, one of the forum administrators will do a search for forum members made at least one post. You must have at least 1 post in order to qualify in the contest, regardless if you've posted a blog, picture,
or made a forum referral etc.

Member Usernames will be input into an excel sheet, and assigned serial numbers, the number of which correspond to the number of points accumulated. I.e. somebody who has made 10 posts and completely updated their Bandster profile might be assigned S/N 233-293.

Each
forum post
is considered
1 point

Your completed
is considered:

• :
    20 Points

• Completed Your Lap-Band Story:
    10 Points

• Uploaded a Before and/or After Photos:
    10 Points

• Completed a Review on Your Lap-Band Surgeon:
    10 Points

A random number will be generated using Random.org, taking 1 as the minimum and the last serial number as the maximum.

User who corresponds to the winning serial number will be declared the winner.

Terms and Conditions:All users are strictly forbidden from creating multiple accounts to participate in this competition. Any user found doing so will be disqualified.

LapBandTalk reserves the right to amend the competition at any point in time, for any reason, and without prior notice.

Forum moderators and administrators are excluded from this promotions.