Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hey Everyone! Our May meeting is coming up this Monday, May 12th from

6:45-8:45 pm. We meet at the Antioch Library in Merriam, KS.

Directions are below. Come join us as we discuss various issues that

arise in our banding journeys. There is always time for questions and

answers for those looking into surgery or waiting for their surgery

date. So, we hope to see you this coming Monday evening!

Jen Runyan

Banded 1/11/01

Directions to the library:

I-35 to Shawnee Mission Parkway

Go East to Antioch and the library is on the NW corner of the

intersection directly across from an IHOP restaurant

Jennifer - Sorry I can't help you but maybe my bumping this thread will get someone else to respond.

Hey,

Thought that I would let everyone know that I am now ENGAGED!! Yes, it is true. I am getting married. I am very excited. I would not be where I am today if I hadn't have had the band. I wouldn't have gone onto eHarmony.com and met someone wonderful. I wouldn't have even been dateing. I am so happy, thrilled and excited all at once.

My future hubby to be is also a weight loss patient. He had the gastric bypass in April of 2006. Todate he has lost 270 lbs. Yes, 270!!! I am so proud of you (Cheeze).

Together we are working on the weightloss together and a healthier way to live. We support eachother by going to support groups and keeping in mind that we both are different with the same needs.

The wedding is on Oct 12, 2008 and I am putting out an invitation to all my weightloss support friends. Please visit our website www.unionofjnj.com . Please come and Celebrate with us. You will find all the info you need. Directions, RSVP and more info on how we met.

I would love to see you all there and to share in this stepping stone in my journey. It would mean a great deal to me.

Thank you to all for the support.

Jeanette

Hi and Happy Friday!

Just a quick update...I had my last of the six month doctor supervised visits yesterday. My doc gave me the six sheets she filled out and I hand delivered them to D. Hohen's office. In speaking with the assistant, I found out that Copies FYI (my PCP outsources copying) sent them a copy of a medical record but it was for a different person! Almost same name, except her last mane did not end in an "s", and the date of birth was completely different!!!!

Needless to say, we were on the phone for about 20 minutes trying to straighten it all out, ending with me convincing the PCP's office to fax the record yesterday.

I was most frustrated because here we are, getting ready to compile the packet and send it in, and to come up against such an obstacle after doing my six months, and knowing that the original request was 2-1-08....feel my pain!

But Nola arrived and we chatted, and she got me scheduled for Dr. H's next appointment, and reassured me that this will not slow down the process in any way---WHEW.

There are a few more details, but I need to rush off to work now.

On a more exciting note, I am anxiously counting the hours until tonight when I get to see Sex and the City, The Movie, woo-hoo!!!!:thumbup:

Hi Queen glad to know you're getting closer to a surgery date, it will be worth the wait.

Hi all,

Just an update on my progress...I met with Dr. H. He said I am a great candidate, yea! I also got the blue card from his office indicating they finally received a copy of my medical records. So now they can put together the request packet of info to send to the insurance company.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!:P Woo-Hoo! Could be sometime this summer, got my fingers crossed....

Great news, Lisa! Your date will be here before you know it! Hopefully I'll see you guys at the meeting at the end of the month!

Erika

Lisa, great news your inching your way closer to surgery. I know the waiting is hard, but it's worth it in the end.

I hope to see you and Erika at the meeting on June 26 also. I missed the last one due to being out of town on vacation. This one comes 1 day before leaving for our next vacation and I need to come to keep myself motivated.

I will be out of town all next week for a conference in New Orleans...so I have to miss the group. Please make a post to fill me in on what I miss!

lisa

Lisa-

Enjoy New Orleans. I use to live there, so if you need any tips I'm happy to give you my opinion. We'll hopefully see you for the July meeting. I am planning on going this Thursday, so hopefully,Teri, I'll see you thee.

Erika

Yes, I would love some tips from someone who lived there...all the good stuff that tourists don't know about! Thanks for offering.

Erika, my DH and I just decided yesterday to leave for our 2 1/2 week vacation a couple of days early so now we're planning on leaving Wednesday, so it appears I'll be missing this month's meeting Thursday nite as well, so hopefully, I'll see you there next month. We've decided to take the RV to Branson for a couple of days and then head to Florida for 2 weeks in the sun. I can't wait and wish I were there now!!! I'm just hoping that I can maintain my weight while being gone. I love having all this vacation time but it's not helping my weightloss any!! :ohmy:

Have a great trip. I also found out that I am going on a surprise trip, but not until July 6. I will update you on what the meeting is all about. You seem to be doing really well with traveling and continuing to lose weight. I hope I can do as well as you. I am finally going for my first fill tomorrow and I really feel like I need it. I am scared but ready.

Lisa- Let's touch base and I can give you tips on hotels, activities, sights, and restaurants. Tell me what you itinerary looks like and I can help you fill in your free time.

Erika

Teri-

I hope you have a great trip. I too just found out that I will be taking a spur of the moment trip, but not until July 6. I will fill you guys in on what happens at the meeting. You have been doing a great job of balancing travel and weightloss. I hope I can be as good as you! I finally decided to get a fill. Tomorrow is the day. I am scared but ready! I'll let you know how it goes.

Lisa,

I would be happy to give you some pointers on sights, activities, hotels, restaurants, etc... Just give me an idea of what you will have time for and I will brainstorm some ideas for you. I hope you have a great trip!

Erika

Hi Erika, well just found out that DH has to work on Thursday, so I might make it to the meeting Thursday nite after all. We're planning on leaving Friday morning when he gets home, so if I can have everything ready before meeting time on Thursday, I'll try to make the meeting. I'll look for you if I am able to make it. I'm working til 1:00 that day and have an appt with Erin @ Dr. Sabapathy's office @ 3:00 so hopefully, I can get most everything pulled together by then. :)