Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Hi all, I just attended orientation last week and have my appt with surgeon on the 15, Has anyone had Dr Baggs?

Edited by Lemon Drop
spelling

Lemon Drop, I answered you on the other Kaiser thread.

Hello All

I recognize some of you fromt he lap band website. Well, I started this journey over a year ago. With the challenges of life and me being lazy I fell off the band wagon. In a way I am glad I went thru that period in my life because last year I would have gotten the band. Since July I have been on track. I had to get clearance from both of my cardiac dr. Last Friday I went in for a angio gram and was cleared by cardiologist. I have done everything that is required of me. My next step is meeting with Dr Alami on Oct 15th. I am sooooooooooooooooo glad you guys started this thread on the VGS website. People hardley post over on the band website anymore. I am in the process of buying my Protein Drink and Vitamins. Any suggestions? The nutrisionist recommend the following. Protein Shake nectar by Syntrax, Pure Protein by World Wide and Premier Protein shake. Where did you guys buy your vitamins? Such as Multivitamin, calcium citrate Plus Vitamin D3, sublingual B12, and Tniamine B1? HELP!!!

I like the Pure Protein. I get it at The Vitamin Shoppe in Corte Madera, not sure where you are, so you might have to find one closer. I also like Click espresso protein drink, but it has caffeine in it so you might want to stay away from it.

I haven't had surgery, I am still working on getting approval from Dr. Le. I will be there on the same day as you! My appointment is at 3:30.

Thanks Stacy,

I live in San Francisco. I guess I will spend this weekend looking around. I will check out Trade Joes for the Pure Protein. Didnt really want to go with the powder supplement but will probably get the flavorless one to sprinkle over yogurt etc. I am excited about the surgery because now I can see the light. I am just so scared about the recovery!!!!!

Thanks Stacy,

I live in San Francisco. I guess I will spend this weekend looking around. I will check out Trade Joes for the Pure Protein. Didnt really want to go with the powder supplement but will probably get the flavorless one to sprinkle over yogurt etc. I am excited about the surgery because now I can see the light. I am just so scared about the recovery!!!!!

You can get the Pure Protein in Ready to drink. Trader Joes has Frosty chocolate and vanilla. It's pretty good and easy to drink. My favorites are banana and Cookies and Cream so you look around and see if there is another vendor around. I am pretty sure there is a Vitamin Shoppe in SF.

Hello,

costco has their own variety of Pure Protein. They also have Muscle Milk Light which is lactose free. I couldn't tolerate Protein powder/drinks with lactose, post-op for several weeks.

The GNC card is well worth the price for a year to get 20% off monthly.

I like the GNC Hydro whey which is 30 grams of protein per scoop.

I couldn't tolerate the nectar drinks.

Beware that your taste buds may change dramatically for the first 6 months or so post-op. Suddenly everything tastes much sweeter.

Vitalady.com is a great place to purchase Protein Powder samples. She also has the best available Vitamin plan for WLS patients. I get my Dry D3 and B complex from her as well as protein samples.

Trader Joe's for B12 and their chewable multi is ok.

For Vitamins, Bariatric Advantage, Nashua Nutrition are good.

I go to the Vitamin Shoppe in Pinole but I don't go often. I get their products on Amazon for cheaper shipping than what they offer.

Good luck!

Beware, flavorless Protein Powder doesn't mean that it doesn't smell like Protein powder. I just gave mine away without every using it because the smell made me gag.

Aloha everyone. I just found this sleeve site yesterday.

I live in Petaluma. I was referred to South San Fran to bariatrics for my surgery. I went through orientation, ekg, blood tests, met with nurse, psychiatrist Dr. Russell, and surgeon Dr. Le. I will take a sleep apnea test on Wednesday night. Although I don't think I have it.

I was so into having the band until I talked to Dr. Le. He says I weigh less then some of the receptionists that work there, but nonetheless, I qualify for the surgery because of high bp and high cholesterol meds. I started on the 14th of September at orientation with a weight of 219.2. I'm down to 212.5. I'm 5'2.5" with a BMI of 40. He wants me to lose another 10 lbs by October 27. He asks since I "only have about 80 lbs to lose" if I could do this on my own. NO, that's why I'm here. I've tried everything and failed and can only get passed 20 lbs. I told him I was interested in the band, but he said, "Honestly he's not impressed with Band and there have been problems with it and said guaranteed it wouldn't last a lifetime, that'd I'd be back. " he said there are lots of slips with the port and some slippage. He suggested the sleeve. Since Wednesday's meeting with him, I have been on Kaiser's site and watched the EMMI video about the sleeve (actually watched videos for all three surgeries they offer). I have researched online and found some gals to chat with. I've emailed people and checked out different forums. I am definitely ok with the sleeve. And I'm definitely ready for this change. I emailed Dr. Le and asked when a surgery would take place and he said in November. So I think the process has come along rather speedily.

The only person I wish would understand is my husband. I guess maybe in time.

Thanks for listening. Hope to chat.

weight.png

Welcome and congrats with being so close to surgery Lisa Marie.

Please also stop by obesityhelp dot com for good support. You're a lightweight and we have a great lightweight forum for people with a starting bmi of 35-40ish. There's also a very active VSG forum there.

I look forward to following your progress! Good luck!

Hi Lisa Marie!

I live in Novato and have Dr. Le also. Your story sounds almost exactly like mine. I was even the same weight as you. He told me the same stuff about his receptionists too!

What does he have you doing to lose that 10 lbs? He put me on 2 Protein shakes a day and I tell you, I am struggling with it.

Anyway, hi and welcome to the forum! Everyone here is super nice and helpful. :001_smile:

Hi there. Dr. Le just told me to lose 10 lbs by Otober 27. he didn't tell me how, although a Protein Shake in the morning would certainly be a great change to the string cheese, yogurt, pb and toas, and fruit t I have every day. Haha. I am not very innovative. I change up the fruits I eat and have egg whites for Protein, but I forgot about the Protein Shakes. Did he schedule your surgery yet? I think I am ready.

He hasn't scheduled me yet, I have had my psych appointment and done orientation. I also agreed to take a class on emotional eating up in Santa Rosa, I figured every little bit I can learn and do will help.

I bought the Premier Nutrition Protein drink from costco. I also bougth a case of muscle milk light and that stuff is foul. I also found sublingual b-12 at Costco, but I can't find it there all the time. I haven't tried any others yet.