Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Good Luck Lemon Drop (aka Mom). I also have my appointment with Dr. Baggs tomorrow! I have lost 16lbs since orientation! I am excited to get this process going!

Hi Lindsey,

Once you reach your goal and you have it recorded in Kaiser's computer system you call them and they will set up lab work and an EKG, both of those are done on a walk in basis so you don't have to wait for an appt. Make sure if you have ever been a smoker that you tell them to order the nicotine test cause this held me up for two weeks. I went to my PCP's at Point West on 9/10 to do a weight check and thats when I found out I was at goal. I went directly from there and called Richmond they set up the labs and EKG I went right back and had those done, it was late on a Friday so I had to wait until Monday to contact Richmond again. Once all your labs are done Sara will set you up with an appt with the case manager, mine was on 10/4, my surgery is scheduled for 11/2. I will have to go back to Richmond one more time before the surgery date on 10/21 for a 4 hour pre op class and a physical. So if your looking to get a date during Christmas break I think you should be right on schedule for that. Good luck getting to goal as quick as possible!

4lbs away from goal, and I've only lost 1lb in a week. I'm getting so close, and it feels like the last few pounds are taking forever!! I passed my psych screen, have had my meeting with my surgeon, finished my sleep study, so all that's let is losing the weight. I'm hpong that I can work it so that I get a date when my kids are on break from school, that would make everything so much easier. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a sugery date in Richmond once you make goal?

Lindsey

Thanks so much for the info! I met Dr. Fisher at my orientation, and he was really nice, but I am getting sleeved my Dr. Park. I felt more comfortable with a female Dr. You're counting down the weeks now, good luck!!

Lindsey

Woot Woot! Just got finished with my appointment with Dr Baggs. I heart him. He is so nice and wonderful! I have 4 pounds to lose to reach my surgery goal weight!!! My next appointment is with the Psychologist on 11/12. Dr. Baggs has already sent in for my bloodwork and EKG. He wants me to do those next week. He said I should be to my goal weight by the time I meet with the psych so then she will set up the appointment with the Case Manager. He said I will likely have surgery in late December or early January!!! The only thing that concerned me and I don't know if concerned is the correct word, is that Dr. Baggs wouldn't recommend the Sleeve because I am only 28 and there is not enough long term studies for it to see how I would be in 30 years. I told him that I didn't not want to have my intestines moved around with the bypass and he said he understood why I wanted to have the sleeve. I guess I was just suprised because it seems like so many on VST are all young and have had the sleeve done. I'm not too worried about it though. From what I have researched the sleeve is the exactly what I want!

Wow it suprises me that Dr. Baggs wouldn't recommend VSG for you! The whole time that I have been considering WLS I had my heart set on Gastric Bypass, never did the thought of VSG cross my mind until Dr. Fisher said that he preferred I have the sleeve. His concern was similar to Dr. Baggs, he though I was too yound to have gastric bypass, that I would most likely have problems later in life associated with malabsorption and that my BMI was considered lower so the sleeve was more appropriate. It kind of scares me now because they are collegues, they perform their surgeries together but they both have different views on what is best for their patients. urgggggggg, I guess I'm gonna have to talk to Dr. Fisher again!

Oh well, I'm set on the sleeve, everything that I know now about gastric bypass now I would rather not have WLS that have that procedure done.

I know how excited you must be right now, I am right in front of you with Kaiser's process. Good luck and take care.

Woot Woot! Just got finished with my appointment with Dr Baggs. I heart him. He is so nice and wonderful! I have 4 pounds to lose to reach my surgery goal weight!!! My next appointment is with the Psychologist on 11/12. Dr. Baggs has already sent in for my bloodwork and EKG. He wants me to do those next week. He said I should be to my goal weight by the time I meet with the psych so then she will set up the appointment with the Case Manager. He said I will likely have surgery in late December or early January!!! The only thing that concerned me and I don't know if concerned is the correct word, is that Dr. Baggs wouldn't recommend the Sleeve because I am only 28 and there is not enough long term studies for it to see how I would be in 30 years. I told him that I didn't not want to have my intestines moved around with the bypass and he said he understood why I wanted to have the sleeve. I guess I was just suprised because it seems like so many on VST are all young and have had the sleeve done. I'm not too worried about it though. From what I have researched the sleeve is the exactly what I want!

Aloha everyone. I just want to say how bummed out I am. I found out yesterday I have mild obstructive sleep apnea. I need to go get treatment and surgeon said I have to be on treatment for 2 months before considering surgery. Reason being, while sleeping, your body heals and I'm not getting enough sleep to heal properly. I'm totally depressed about it. It just feels like a giant road block. I would have rec'd my surgery in November. Now I have to wait until probably January. I'll keep posting my progress. Just today I'm super super bummed.

Lisa

Wow it suprises me that Dr. Baggs wouldn't recommend VSG for you! The whole time that I have been considering WLS I had my heart set on Gastric Bypass, never did the thought of VSG cross my mind until Dr. Fisher said that he preferred I have the sleeve. His concern was similar to Dr. Baggs, he though I was too yound to have gastric bypass, that I would most likely have problems later in life associated with malabsorption and that my BMI was considered lower so the sleeve was more appropriate. It kind of scares me now because they are collegues, they perform their surgeries together but they both have different views on what is best for their patients. urgggggggg, I guess I'm gonna have to talk to Dr. Fisher again!

Oh well, I'm set on the sleeve, everything that I know now about gastric bypass now I would rather not have WLS that have that procedure done.

I know how excited you must be right now, I am right in front of you with Kaiser's process. Good luck and take care.

He basically said it was because there was no long term studies but he is fine doing the sleeve on me. He just wanted me to make sure that he can't say what will happen in the future with the sleeve. I still heart him and think that he is a great doctor. He answered all of my million questions and then some!

I am so excited! I went to see Dr. Le today, and even though I haven't lost much weight, he went ahead and scheduled my surgery for Nov. 29th. I have to go back to see him on the 23rd and if I haven't lost anymore, he will cancel it, so I have to work extra hard to keep it going!

Aloha everyone. I just want to say how bummed out I am. I found out yesterday I have mild obstructive sleep apnea. I need to go get treatment and surgeon said I have to be on treatment for 2 months before considering surgery. Reason being, while sleeping, your body heals and I'm not getting enough sleep to heal properly. I'm totally depressed about it. It just feels like a giant road block. I would have rec'd my surgery in November. Now I have to wait until probably January. I'll keep posting my progress. Just today I'm super super bummed.

Lisa

I know it is a bummer Lisa (same thing happened to me!), but you'll make it! Think of it as one last holiday season with yummy treats!

Lee, All Kaiser Sleevers.

Met with Dr Baggs and he is wonderful. He wants me to lose 4 more pounds and he scheduled me for my labs and psch appt on 11/12. The beauty of all this is that my daughter and I started this together with orientation and had appointments with Dr Baggs the same afternoon, and he actually did our appts together since she came in for my appt. He also schedule our psch appts on the same day and said a good possibility we could have our surgeries on the same day sometime in December or January. I am hoping for a December surgery.

This will probably be my last entry on this site since Dr Baggs and I have agreed that the Gastric Bypass would be the best option for me. I am not a youngster and need the dumping syndrome to remind me stay where I need to be. My daughter is joining the rest of you here with the sleeve and I agree it is the best choice for her. I will check in on this site from time to time to see how well all of you are doing.

I wish all you sleevers continued success in your weight loss journey. Amber, although my journey will be slightly different path, I am right there with you (4 pounds and we are there)!

Wish me luck!

Sherrie

:PHi Everyone,

My name is Darlene, and I am new to all this. I have a BMI of 40, and I'm wondering what to expect as far as how much weight I will need to lose prior to surgery. I recently attended the orientation at Kaiser, and have my sleep study in a couple of weeks. I'm also curious about the psych eval though...what has been everyone's experience? Thanks! :)

My name is Darlene, and I am new to all this. I have a BMI of 40, and I'm wondering what to expect as far as how much weight I will need to lose prior to surgery. I recently attended the orientation at Kaiser, and have my sleep study in a couple of weeks. I'm also curious about the psych eval though...what has been everyone's experience? Thanks! :)

The psych eval was really easy. They just kind of talk to you about why you are wanting the surgery and how you feel about your decision. They did recommend I attend the Understanding Emotional Eating class that is offered, I did and I got a lot out of it. I went back to my surgeon last week and set my date for Nov. 29th.

Good Luck!

The psych eval was really easy. They just kind of talk to you about why you are wanting the surgery and how you feel about your decision. They did recommend I attend the Understanding Emotional Eating class that is offered, I did and I got a lot out of it. I went back to my surgeon last week and set my date for Nov. 29th.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm hoping I hear something this week about an appointment with the surgeon :)

At my orientation, I weighed in at 280.7. Dr. Park told me I need to get down to 260. I just did my sleep last week, and it was pretty easy. I had to sleep with a little gizmo on my finger, and then took it in to the hospital the next day. Now all I need to do it finish losing the weight! Only 4.3 lbs to go.