Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

I was sleeved at Richmond 2/17/2010. I was one of the first sleeves and mine was for medical reasons. After that they became more standard. Dr. Baggs had performed very few sleeves when I had mine.

When did you have the Band surgery? They were mostly doing band and RNY.

Maybe the suggested RNY is because of damage done to you stomach, making this safer?

You can always self pay in Mexico for a sleeve.

I understand that every patient is unique and every procedure personal. At the time I got my band the surgical nurse told me they routinely do the sleeve. I have great health coverage with Kaiser, it's just a shame I can't fully access to better my life.

Mexico is looking more and more likely.

I'm sorry you are having to jump through these hoops.

Do you have any medical conditions or family history of conditions that would make the Sleeve a better option.

I couldn't have RNY because of rheumatoid arthritis and need for meds in the future if it comes out of remission. My mom had celiac spruce and I'm showing signs so te sleeve was my only option.

You should start thinking about how to build a sleeve case. Maybe switch to Fremont? They do a lot of sleeves.

Hi all-

My wife and I both had Dr. Alami at SSF, and today- through the grapevine we hear he is leaving...

several of our WLS friends have had their surgeries cancelled and a new Dr. assigned.

I Thank Dr. Alami for his professionalism and his kind manner, He truly made the experience easier! Best of luck where ever he goes!\

Yes, I was sad to hear that he's leaving! I sent him an email and true to form he said I could email him with any questions or concerns right up until he leaves. So glad he was my surgeon!! I think he is returning to Beirut. I know the other docs are good, but dr. Alami just rocked!

Kimmie

Hi All...Just FYI, I went to a Weight Loss Surgery Class last night at South Sacramento Kaiser and found out that they now have a South Sacramento Bariatric Center. Just thought I'd let everyone know, especially those who end up driving to the Bay Area from up north. I have been referred over and when I speak to them I will confirm if they are doing the sleeve in Sac...if not I'll still go to Richmond!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Vicki

Wow! You Northern Cal Kaiser members are LUCKY! I had my orientation 2 weeks ago and will have to go to a 12 week class which starts in 2 - yes TWO - months. Boohoo! After that, it will still be a minimum of 4-6 weeks for an outside bariatric center or 4-6 months for one of 2 Kaiser hospitals. I think it's because they have all So Cal members go to 3 surgery sites which includes members from LA, Orange County and San Diego. I'm just raring to go and get started and 2 months seems so far away, but I know August will be here before I know it.

I'm happy for all of you getting started and on your way so quickly! As a Kaiser employee, I know all about our reputation for things taking too long (and there really are legitimate reasons). So, it's great to hear about things like this where it's not too bad at all! It's awesome for you all!!!

You'll be glad you took the 12 week Option's Program Kaiser makes us take. I think we go in well prepared and know what to expect pretty much before and after surgery. I think it sets many of us up to succeed!!

After all, it's easier to lose the weight than to maintain that weightloss. I have no doubt that I will succeed!!

Good luck everyone!

I'm sorry you are having to jump through these hoops.

Do you have any medical conditions or family history of conditions that would make the Sleeve a better option.

I couldn't have RNY because of rheumatoid arthritis and need for meds in the future if it comes out of remission. My mom had celiac spruce and I'm showing signs so te sleeve was my only option.

You should start thinking about how to build a sleeve case. Maybe switch to Fremont? They do a lot of sleeves.

I also couldn't have the RNY because of Rheumatold arthritis as well. Well, Dr. Mun said I could, but he also said if I had a leak, it would be catastrophic for me. He said I could go home and think about it. I told him NO, I'll go with this recommendation! LOLOL

And Kaiser does have excellent bariatric surgeons. Dr. Mun is one of the best surgeons in the nation! :)

I have no idea how long the whole process will take. My PCP just referred me to the Bariatric Center this morning. So I could be in for a few more months of classes etc before surgery. Since I had a band before I don't know if they will require me to do everything or not. Hopefully, I'll get some answers when I get to orientation. I'm just glad I won't have to take an entire day to drive to Richmond for an appointment. :P

I have been approved by my Doc to talk to a Virtical Sleeve surgen. He personally didn't know anyone. I can't wait to research on there who people recommend in the SF Bay Area, CA or Fremont, CA. I live in San Jose.

Since ANTHEM BLUE CROSS approved it, I have been excited to make Virtical Sleeve Gastrectomy one of my options.

Not sure about the Lap Band.

I will be reading much more on here SOON.

I have been approved by my Doc to talk to a Virtical Sleeve surgen. He personally didn't know anyone. I can't wait to research on there who people recommend in the SF Bay Area, CA or Fremont, CA. I live in San Jose.

Since ANTHEM BLUE CROSS approved it, I have been excited to make Virtical Sleeve Gastrectomy one of my options.

Not sure about the Lap Band.

I will be reading much more on here SOON.

Congrats on your approval. I would try Dr. Cirangle at LapSF.com. He has offices in San Jose and his support groups (pre and post) are free to check out and he does all 4 procedures- bypass, band, Roux-y and Vsleeve.

I'm from Sacramento ill be hopefully getting sleeved after I loose another 5 lbs. My surgeon will be Dr. Fisher.

Hi There!!! I'm from the Sacramento Area a well. I'll hopefully be getting sleeved after i lose another 8 pounds!!! Also by Dr Fisher. Maybe we'll end up being sleeve sisters! Nice to meetcha!!! I'm Vicki