Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Hi Doc,

I had my surgery with Dr. Baggs on 2/17/2010. I was one of his first Sleeves. He's a great doctor and the long term aftercare is terrific. Do you come to the support group on Wednesday nights? If not, support is 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6-7:30 on the 3rd floor. Same room as many of us had our 5 hour orientation meeting.

Welcome to the group.

<br /><b><font color="#4169e1">Hi Doc,<br />I had my surgery with Dr. Baggs on 2/17/2010. I was one of his first Sleeves. He's a great doctor and the long term aftercare is terrific. Do you come to the support group on Wednesday nights? If not, support is 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6-7:30 on the 3rd floor. Same room as many of us had our 5 hour orientation meeting.<br /><br />Welcome to the group. <br /><br /></font></b><br />
<br /><br /><br />\

Hi Lee,

No, I won't be making that one as I live in Sacramento and need to find something closer to me. Any advice?

Desertdoc.

<br /><br /><br />\

Hi Lee,

No, I won't be making that one as I live in Sacramento and need to find something closer to me. Any advice?

Desertdoc.

Doc, I think there may be some Kaiser support groups in SAC but I don't know when or where? Maybe someone else from up north can shed some light.

There is a support group in Santa Rosa on the second Saturday of each month. I think that August is a Plastic Surgeon. I'm planning to go to that one.

Take care!

Hey, where did everyone go? How are you all doing? Time to wake up this Richmond thead for people who are new and looking for Kaiser support.

I had a great summer, what about you? :)

All is well with me. I am losing slowly, but still losing at least! I am at 161 as of this morning. 16 pounds until goal. Though I will be super excited to get into the 150s! My hair is still falling out. Though not as much. It also could be because I just highlighted it as well. I still get tired often. I could nap daily. Anyone else? I am almost 9 months out. Time has sure flown by.

I had a good summer. Thanks for asking!

Spent a lot of time outside exercising this summer. YAY.

I have 11lbs to go to goal. It is getting harder and harder. Have not lost much in the past month even though I am being diligent and doing the right stuff! CRAZY!!

I hope that it will continue to come off and that I am not done! We will see.

Kelly B)

Hey there,

I'm doing great over here. Weight loss is going a little slower than I would like, but I know it's because I'm not exercising like I should. I started getting back into it this week though and signed up for Myfitnesspal so I can document what I eat and how many calories I'm burning. I really want to kick things into gear before Christmas comes! How is everyone? How's the weight loss going? How is everyone doing with your new eating habits?

Hey, where did everyone go? How are you all doing? Time to wake up this Richmond thead for people who are new and looking for Kaiser support.

I had a great summer, what about you? :)

Hi All! It's been a while and I have an update!

I finally had my surgery Monday, October 17 at SSF. My surgeon is a big fan of the Single-incision technique, but with my gallbaldder coming out at the same time he couldn't do just the one, but I ended up with only two incisions. I had a rough time coming out of anasthesia, mostly because they didn't tape one of my eyes well enough and it got too dry during surgery. When I woke up it was so scratchy. I complained about my eye in the recovery room and to every nurse who walked through my door. I didn't end up getting anything for it until after 9pm. I refused to open my eyes because it hurt so bad so I think that delayed my recovery a little.

On Tuesday, my Breakfast tray came at the same time as the transport chair to take me to radiology for my upper GI. Unfortunately they only had 1 transport person so the Upper GI took way longer than it should have. I got to radiology and sat there until Francisco came and brought me in. Then he had me get up on the table (very painful!) he took one xray then told me the table was going to be inverted so I'd be standing. I was pissed at this point because he made me climb on the table- knowing I'd just had abdominal surgery. He didn't even lower the table for me. Once he inverted the table he left me standing there for several minutes. I was finally able to reach my IV stand where my pain pump button was hanging so I could click away. Then they had me drink the stuff. I love how the guy tells me to take bigger gulps, Uh, I haven't even had a sip of Water this is the first I've had to drink and I'm terrified of gulping! Anyway- no leaks and they wheel me back to the hallway where they leave me for 20 minutes or more, waiting for that single transport person. I'm sure I was quite a sight to see, I was hunched over in my chair watching the clock on my IV and pushing my pain button every 6 minutes.

I got back to my room and slept a little and then my lunch tray arrived, then Dr Alami showed up and took one look at me and said 'Yeah, you don't look great. You're not going home today". I had a change of rooms because there was a problem with the plumbing and got to go home Wednesday.

So far I'm having a little trouble getting all my water down, but each day is getting better. I've only taken my tylenol w/ Codeine once since I got home. Sometimes it makes me nauseous and my pain isn't intolerable.

Omg Heather! So happy for you! Let me know if u have any questions. I hope that you have a full and speedy recovery with a nice transition to weight loss!

Hi All! It's been a while and I have an update!

I finally had my surgery Monday, October 17 at SSF. My surgeon is a big fan of the Single-incision technique, but with my gallbaldder coming out at the same time he couldn't do just the one, but I ended up with only two incisions. I had a rough time coming out of anasthesia, mostly because they didn't tape one of my eyes well enough and it got too dry during surgery. When I woke up it was so scratchy. I complained about my eye in the recovery room and to every nurse who walked through my door. I didn't end up getting anything for it until after 9pm. I refused to open my eyes because it hurt so bad so I think that delayed my recovery a little.

On Tuesday, my breakfast tray came at the same time as the transport chair to take me to radiology for my upper GI. Unfortunately they only had 1 transport person so the Upper GI took way longer than it should have. I got to radiology and sat there until Francisco came and brought me in. Then he had me get up on the table (very painful!) he took one xray then told me the table was going to be inverted so I'd be standing. I was pissed at this point because he made me climb on the table- knowing I'd just had abdominal surgery. He didn't even lower the table for me. Once he inverted the table he left me standing there for several minutes. I was finally able to reach my IV stand where my pain pump button was hanging so I could click away. Then they had me drink the stuff. I love how the guy tells me to take bigger gulps, Uh, I haven't even had a sip of Water this is the first I've had to drink and I'm terrified of gulping! Anyway- no leaks and they wheel me back to the hallway where they leave me for 20 minutes or more, waiting for that single transport person. I'm sure I was quite a sight to see, I was hunched over in my chair watching the clock on my IV and pushing my pain button every 6 minutes.

I got back to my room and slept a little and then my lunch tray arrived, then Dr Alami showed up and took one look at me and said 'Yeah, you don't look great. You're not going home today". I had a change of rooms because there was a problem with the plumbing and got to go home Wednesday.

So far I'm having a little trouble getting all my water down, but each day is getting better. I've only taken my tylenol w/ Codeine once since I got home. Sometimes it makes me nauseous and my pain isn't intolerable.

Congratulations Heather!

I had surgery on a Wednesday too! I tried to get in 32 oz of fluids through Saturday. Dreyer's no sugar added popcicles are 2 oz of fluids. :) On Sunday I was finally able to get in 64 oz. Take it slow and just sip all day as you're able to.

Everyday will get better. By Sunday I was able to get on the treadmill and walk slowly for 20 minutes. Anything that you can do as far as movement will help you get the drugs out of your system.

Lee

Sacramento Support group meets today 11-1 at Kaiser South Sacramento. (6600 Bruceville Rd) building 3- 3rd floor. Bariatric conference rooms F&G. Clothing Swap to follow!

How is everyone?

Hi there Heather and thanks for waking us up!!!

I'm doing great...what a difference a year makes. Yesterday was my one year surgerversary. I am down 174 pounds with about 10 pounds to go until goal. In the last month, I have not lost a pound but I have not gained either so I'm happy. This was a holiday season like no other where I usually gain at least 10 pounds and feel horrible.

I am active and exercising daily...and I really like it. I love my walks...just me nature and my iTunes. I hope you are doing great as well as all the other SSF/Richmond Kaiser patients out there.

Take care,

David

David! I've missed seeing you. Time for you to come back to support group. Congratulations on your first year and 174 pound. That so rocks!

I'm doing good. Right now I'm healing from a big boatload of plastics that I had in Mexico four weeks ago. Healing from multiple procedures is a long process. I'm very happy with my results.

Happy new year everyone!!!

How is everyone?

Hi heather, it looks like you're doing terrific. Congratulations !