Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Drinking a lot of fluids can cause electrolyte imbalance. All of the sodium is washed out of our body. When I'm drinking a lot and eating low carb I have to take a potassium capsule. Leg cramps in the night tell me when I'm out of wack.

I threw up the entire second month. I had difficulty keeping things down. Then it got better. I barely remember it.

Neil, I couldn't keep tuna down until around month 5 or 6. I found it to be tough on my Sleeve. Same with eggs.< /span>

Ugh, I vomitted a lot during the first 3 months! Nothing wanted to stay down and evrything irriated my new tummy. I am almost 7 months out and vomit on rare occasion. Usually it is just something that doesn't sit well. Not from eating too much. I can't eat deli turkey, it makes me sick!

I got really lightheaded to the point where I was close to passing out. My doc said that is common and to make sure I got up slower. I still get lightheaded but it passes much more quickly now.

I'm glad to see everyone doing well. I havet been losing much in the last month or so. Guess I better step up my game!

Hi-

I'm back...

it was a good trip to SF.

I found out my stomach is swollen and not allowing food down,

so as they let me advance to stage III it was getting pluged and it can only go two ways... the easiest is up and out....

the reason I get so dizzy- is not eating, basically mal-nourished.

I am back on liquids and off work until july 28.

I am to give my stomach a chance to rest and then a week before my return start up again and see.

Dr. says- it could be longer....

Hi-

I'm back...

so as they let me advance to stage III it was getting pluged and it can only go two ways... the easiest is up and out....

I am to give my stomach a chance to rest and then a week before my return start up again and see.

Glad to hear they found out what was going on. You will feel better in no time.

I wasnt feeling well today. Actually the worse I've felt since surgery. I feel weak and my stomach is soooooo sore. My incision on the belly button is bothering me. I think its from the button from my pants. My incision stays moist and my stomach is swollen. I had the chills today but I dont know if its from the cold or my surgery. I will give it a couple of days before I call the Dr.

Neil,

that happened to me in week 2. Dr. Alami told me my stomach was swollen, although I was having pain whenever I ate, and had to do another upper G.I. It sucked, but luckily it calmed down within a week or so. Hopefully yours will as well. Good luck!

Hi-

I'm back...

Feel better Baby!

Glad to hear they found out what was going on. You will feel better in no time.

I wasnt feeling well today. Actually the worse I've felt since surgery. I feel weak and my stomach is soooooo sore. My incision on the belly button is bothering me. I think its from the button from my pants. My incision stays moist and my stomach is swollen. I had the chills today but I dont know if its from the cold or my surgery. I will give it a couple of days before I call the Dr.

Neil- I looked for you at SSF today. Did your wife go with you? Did Dr Alami take you down the stairs around 9:45? I was in the waiting room then.

I went down for my pre-op blood work (again), they didn't have orders in the computer. I was able to go up and do a weight check, get the orders done and pick up my note for work. I was able to spend a few hours with a friend that lives nearby and got to savor the SF weather.

Hi-

S&D- Yep! :) we almost met??

that Dr. Alami is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took me to EKG immediately.

thankfully all is well with beater muscle... not so much with the stomach...

dargar- he almost made me do another Upper GI, TG! he second thought that... I was kinda scared today, after yesterdays adventure...

I am still amazed w/ SSF every one there has been exceptional...

Neil,

I'm so glad you didn't have to do the upper G.I. again...it makes me woozy to think about drinking that god awful stuff and then laying down on the moving machine...ugh, I need to lie down now....lol I agree with you about SSF. They are really great and very responsive! When I did my second upper G.I., Dr. Alami came down and watched me do it, watched the computer, then looked at the results afterwards. It was very cool that he came down there as he could easily have left it up to the on call doctor that does those.

Hi-

S&D- Yep! :) we almost met??

that Dr. Alami is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took me to EKG immediately.

thankfully all is well with beater muscle... not so much with the stomach...

dargar- he almost made me do another Upper GI, TG! he second thought that... I was kinda scared today, after yesterdays adventure...

I am still amazed w/ SSF every one there has been exceptional...

Yes! I thought it might be you, but I figured it would be rather rude to interrupt your appointment. :)

Hey Everyone,

I got this recipe from someone on another forum, but I tried it and it was delicious! I'm going to add spinach and onion next time and see how it goes :)

1 1/2 cups ham (cubed or shredded)

6 oz plain Greek yogurt

1/4 cup crushed crackers (saltines/Ritz)

1/4 cup shredded cheese

2 tablespoons margarine

1 tablespoon finely chopped onion (I used onion flakes)

6 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan.

Melt the margarine in a large bowl. Add the ham, yogurt, crackers, cheese and onion. Stir. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then stir into the first mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is firm. Let stand before serving. 9 servings.

That recipe looks good-

however, I would replace margarine with a healthier oil...

I do like the added spinach and onion.

If you like mushrooms- as well-

not for any other reason than-

It is a known fact, I can get you links...

cooked onion, spinach and mushrooms, together are in fact a very high anti cancer food combo.

a lil update on my spinning world-

went to the local WLS meeting, was dizzy during my introduction, however it went away,

came home and ate some cottage cheese with salsa...

fell asleep for 3 hours...

awoke and was feeling GreaT!

figured out I was lacking Water, started drinking...

my wife came home- we went out for dinner- I tried a meatball with lots of sauce-

three bites... done.

:(

later I had 2 oz. of SF frozen yogurt.

I am hoping tomorrow my stamina improves. I will be staying on the soft foods longer...

hoping the dizziness has gone...

Chef,

I love spinach and mushrooms together, and green onions...do I get the same health benefit with the green ones? Also, you can probably omit the margarine in the recipe. I used only about a teaspoon and it was fine :) I'm glad you're feeling better! Oh, and since you're only a week behind me, um, you might want to invest in some benefiber soon....be pro-active there...lol I'm going to make your lasagna today too. Thanks for the recipe :) I'm back on the road for work this week, so now comes the hard part. I need to pack a lunch that will keep all day and doesn't need to be heated up. Probably basic lunch meat, fruit cup, and cheese, but that should be fine. I can't wait until I'm released to eat salad. What I wouldn't give right now for a salad with chicken on top!

I'm glad you're feeling better and the dizziness has decreased. Is it completely gone now? That must have been a little scary for you and your wife to go through. Did she have similar issues with the bypass surgery? Oh, and what is SF frozen yogurt? What does the SF stand for?

That recipe looks good-

however, I would replace margarine with a healthier oil...

I do like the added spinach and onion.

If you like mushrooms- as well-

not for any other reason than-

It is a known fact, I can get you links...

cooked onion, spinach and mushrooms, together are in fact a very high anti cancer food combo.

a lil update on my spinning world-

went to the local WLS meeting, was dizzy during my introduction, however it went away,

came home and ate some cottage cheese with salsa...

fell asleep for 3 hours...

awoke and was feeling GreaT!

figured out I was lacking Water, started drinking...

my wife came home- we went out for dinner- I tried a meatball with lots of sauce-

three bites... done.

:(

later I had 2 oz. of SF frozen yogurt.

I am hoping tomorrow my stamina improves. I will be staying on the soft foods longer...

hoping the dizziness has gone...

sugar free.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Benefibre laugh.gif

I have been using that on the pre-op diet, going from a vegan, mostly greens to pre-op really messed me up. my poor wife does everything... that is her only problem.

I lucked out, my love for prunes, even now- I can have 1 and chew it, and it goes down...

don't understand that, 1 prune and I'm ok... 3 mini bites of a meatball, and I'm stuffed to the gills...

blink.gif

SF = sugar free.< /p>