Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

It's official.... surgery is postponed. :(

I've had a cold for the past week and my asthma is only a problem when I'm sick. I finally talked to Dr Alami today and he postponed my surgery to July 20. I can't believe I'm back to being 4 weeks from surgery! It's better than getting pneumonia or blood clots or whatever other complications I'd be subject to.... I just hate that its so far out still.

Babysista- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

I'm 9 months out, and although I've never been much of a salt user, I love it now. I noticed this craving a few months ago and wondered if it was due to some deficiency. I will be interested to hear what your doctor says.

Karen

I just asked about this at my 6 month check up. I never salted anything prior to surgery and now I am like a salt addict. The nut said that it is common for taste buds to change and that may be why I am wanting salt. She also said that people always assume when they crave salt that it means there is a deficiency. She says that is not true. She was worried about how salt can increase your blood pressure? I think that it was. But as long as my labs are good and I am not having any issues then she is not worried about it. Curious to know what others hear regarding salt though.

You know, I didn't include my husband in on the classes or the appointments, not because he wouldn't have come, but mainly because I didn't think to include him. I think it's a great idea for your spouse to come with you. The more he knows, the better a support system you'll have!

Yes, I did the "Weight loss surgery: preparing for success overview class" at Santa Rosa before my doctor referred me to Richmond. Then after they got my referral I attended the "Bariatric Surgery Program Orientation" at Richmond. I did both alone. Now I'm scheduled for the "Bariatric Lifestyle Class" at Richmond and so I'm wondering if that's a good one for him to attend. Also, should he come with me to my first appointment with my surgeon?

Thanks!

Tanya

Thanks for the input everyone. I was never much of a salt person either, although the foods I ate were probably plenty salty anyway. It just seems much more intense right now, but hopefully it will pass! I made it to phase III foods...yes!

I just asked about this at my 6 month check up. I never salted anything prior to surgery and now I am like a salt addict. The nut said that it is common for taste buds to change and that may be why I am wanting salt. She also said that people always assume when they crave salt that it means there is a deficiency. She says that is not true. She was worried about how salt can increase your blood pressure? I think that it was. But as long as my labs are good and I am not having any issues then she is not worried about it. Curious to know what others hear regarding salt though.

Tanya-

the only one the spouse is not able to come to is the Psyc. eval.

You always need an advocate when dealing with an H M O

First meal my wife was given, they had regular jello- and the apple sauce had sugar too...

I was on them quickly... Hello- NO SUGAR!

also had a PM nurse offer to bring my wife a candy bar around midnight...

ohmy.gif

Bariatric surgery and a good case of the dumps... ALWAYS have an advocate there for you!!!

two heads better than one...

:rolleyes: Hey VSG Family,

I am finally on the other side. :D I had my surgery yesterday. They do not know if I am going home today. I am still waiting.... My surgeon has been by twice. I was feeling nauseous so they stopped the morphine.....

Heather, hang in there. It will be here in no time. It's not as bad as I thought. I didnt feel like I was hit by a mack truck maybe it was more like a pick up truck :blink:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am home now. I was released this morning about 10:30. The stay was GREAT with the exception with the Radiology Dr. I will be writing a complaint about him.

Welcome home! What happened with the radiologist? Which Kaiser were you at?

I am home now. I was released this morning about 10:30. The stay was GREAT with the exception with the Radiology Dr. I will be writing a complaint about him.

Welcome home! What happened with the radiologist? Which Kaiser were you at?

Hey Dargar,

I was at SSF Kaiser. The Radiology Dr was a jerk and that's speaking nicely about him. His name was Dr Duh (go figure) I will be writing a complaint about his bed side manner. This entire journey they have explained to us how important it is after surgery to sip sip sip. Well when I went down the next morning for my GI scan he wanted me to take these big gulps.It wasnt really what he wanted me to do its how HE SAID IT!!!.. I was already nausious and having stomach cramps. He wasnt polite or considerate that I just had surgery the day before. When I was standing there with the cup in my hand waiting for him to tell me to drink he said you are going to have to hold that cup in your other hand. After a couple of swallows he said let me see how much juice is in your cup. I showed him. He said NO!!! you are going to have to take bigger gulps than that. I said look I am nausious and my stomach is cramping but I did it any way. My stomach started cramping really bad. I clinched my stomach and said its painful my stomach is cramping. Then he tried to be nice.. Oh and when he was watching the screen he yelled at the Radiology Tech. I told the tech I was reporting him and he said please do because he's rude. I also told Dr Alami. Monday morning I wll be calling down there to complain. Other than that the staff there was wonderful. My favorite nurse was Ely who prep me for surgery, Ernie, Annie and Moreen who were my day and night nurses. Ernie shined above all of them. He was a sweetheart. Dr Alami was great..... He did the one incision with me. He went thru the belly button. I also have one small incision right below my breast.The day after surgery he came by and checked on me 3 times. He kept me in the hospital for 2 nights but that was fine with me. Im glad he made sure everything was ok before he released me from the hospital. I have a little discomfort but I thought it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy worst than this. I will be glad when the gas leaves me and the cramping stops but other than that, its getting better each day.

Wow, I don't remember the name of the radiologist who did my upper G.I. but it was a woman and she was very nice. Sorry you had such a bad experience. What a jerk! I had a great experience with the nurses too. They were really attentive and incredibly nice. I'm really glad you are doing so well! The gas was the worst for me, but keep walking and it will go away faster. Keep me posted on your progress, okay? I go back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how I do. My surgery was June 6th so I've been off going on three weeks. It feels like three days....lol

Hey Dargar,

I was at SSF Kaiser. The Radiology Dr was a jerk and that's speaking nicely about him. His name was Dr Duh (go figure) I will be writing a complaint about his bed side manner. This entire journey they have explained to us how important it is after surgery to sip sip sip. Well when I went down the next morning for my GI scan he wanted me to take these big gulps.It wasnt really what he wanted me to do its how HE SAID IT!!!.. I was already nausious and having stomach cramps. He wasnt polite or considerate that I just had surgery the day before. When I was standing there with the cup in my hand waiting for him to tell me to drink he said you are going to have to hold that cup in your other hand. After a couple of swallows he said let me see how much juice is in your cup. I showed him. He said NO!!! you are going to have to take bigger gulps than that. I said look I am nausious and my stomach is cramping but I did it any way. My stomach started cramping really bad. I clinched my stomach and said its painful my stomach is cramping. Then he tried to be nice.. Oh and when he was watching the screen he yelled at the Radiology Tech. I told the tech I was reporting him and he said please do because he's rude. I also told Dr Alami. Monday morning I wll be calling down there to complain. Other than that the staff there was wonderful. My favorite nurse was Ely who prep me for surgery, Ernie, Annie and Moreen who were my day and night nurses. Ernie shined above all of them. He was a sweetheart. Dr Alami was great..... He did the one incision with me. He went thru the belly button. I also have one small incision right below my breast.The day after surgery he came by and checked on me 3 times. He kept me in the hospital for 2 nights but that was fine with me. Im glad he made sure everything was ok before he released me from the hospital. I have a little discomfort but I thought it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy worst than this. I will be glad when the gas leaves me and the cramping stops but other than that, its getting better each day.

Sing, how are you feeling?

It's official.... surgery is postponed. :(

I've had a cold for the past week and my asthma is only a problem when I'm sick. I finally talked to Dr Alami today and he postponed my surgery to July 20. I can't believe I'm back to being 4 weeks from surgery! It's better than getting pneumonia or blood clots or whatever other complications I'd be subject to.... I just hate that its so far out still.

Babysista- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

I've still got a hell of a cough, I usually only have a problem with my asthma about once a year- this year just happened a week before surgery! I'm really glad it was postponed, but I would much rather I never got sick in the first place so I could be complaining about the radiologist with babysista! I know its for the best, I really don't want complications.

Today was the final support group meeting at Kaiser Point West. I was happy to see a large group there, and plenty of sleevers! The consensus is that people will continue to show up at Point West on the 4th Saturday of each month and we'll just carry on until Kaiser tells us we can't. We're rebels like that.

Also, a big welcome to the ladies I met today; Lea, Michelle and Therese!

I've still got a hell of a cough, I usually only have a problem with my asthma about once a year- this year just happened a week before surgery! I'm really glad it was postponed, but I would much rather I never got sick in the first place so I could be complaining about the radiologist with babysista! I know its for the best, I really don't want complications.

Today was the final support group meeting at Kaiser Point West. I was happy to see a large group there, and plenty of sleevers! The consensus is that people will continue to show up at Point West on the 4th Saturday of each month and we'll just carry on until Kaiser tells us we can't. We're rebels like that.

Thanks for the wellcome! therese

Your asthma is just like mine. My asthma usually bothers me when I get a bad cold and the cold goes into my chest. During my stay in the hospital the staff made sure they kept my asthma maintained. They had me take puffs of my inhaler the morning of surgery and while they were prepping me they gave me a breathing treatment as a precaution. Dont worry Heather u will shake your cough before you know it. Just stay hydrated and dont eat anything too heavy. My asthma usually worsens when I eat heavy while I'm sick. You should probably try to make some chicken ginger veggie Soup and eat on that for a couple of days. That usually makes me feel a lot better along with rest and liquids.< /span>

Wow, I don't remember the name of the radiologist who did my upper G.I. but it was a woman and she was very nice. Sorry you had such a bad experience. What a jerk! I had a great experience with the nurses too. They were really attentive and incredibly nice. I'm really glad you are doing so well! The gas was the worst for me, but keep walking and it will go away faster. Keep me posted on your progress, okay? I go back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how I do. My surgery was June 6th so I've been off going on three weeks. It feels like three days....lol

Hey Dargar,

If I can just get rid of this gas it will be great. I stop drinking the premixed Protein Drinks and replaced it with powder and silk milk to see if that will help with the gas. I been walking and getting around but this gas will not budge. I went to a concert last night. I have my pain meds on hand but I was fine. It was at a small venue and we had reserve seating. Today I got up and went to church. I feel pretty good but would feel even better if this bloating feeling pass.

Let me know how you do going back to work tomorrow. I would imagne having more time off. I'm up at 6am moving around but by the time 10am rolls around I'm tired and need a nap. I nap a couple of times a day.... Hopefully I am ready to go back to work on July 18th or I will need more time. I would hate to go back to work to have to go back out on disability again. What I cant understand is they gave lap band patients 4-6 weeks off and that is a less invasive surgery. Dr Alami said after the 10th day I will be bored at home. ( I doubt that seriously) But we will see. He said the time allotted off is mainly you getting use to eating with your sleeve. I just hope I have the energy to go back on the 18th