Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Well everyone is bragging on themselves I want to too. I worked out on my gazelle tonight for 20 minutes. I had a good eating day. Everything went down with no pain. I got the kitchen cleaned up finally and I am heading off the the store tomorrow. I can not go to bed knowing that I did something productive today. GO ME!!!

Yeah Beth!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Doing good today so far. I plan on doing my gazelle again today even though I went to the store and walked alot. I missed the chat session last night because my hubby had to redo my computer and I lost all my favorites. Next time we have a chat please give me the link to go to to join ya'll. I had a busy night anyway. My hubby and I are planning our dream home. His family has a bunch of land down south of us and we are seriously thinking about building it there. We are getting excited about it even though it is years away. Four at least maybe longer. I had a good day as far as keeping my food down and not hurting so I call that a good day. Now if I can get the gazelle in then it will be even better. TTYL

Step- How was your second day of work?

My 2nd day of work was GREAT! Although, there is so much to do and such a short time to get it done I told the principal today that 6 hour days for the week before school starts is not enough. He's going to get some OT approved for me. There is so much to do!

Got to see a couple more teachers and made plans with the principal to have lunch on Thursday at the Applebee's across from the school. He feels he owes me for the Slim Fast bars he ate from my cupboard this summer. I told him not to worry about it, but he said at least let me buy you lunch, then.

Tomorrow I'll start the day entering locker numbers for the 300+ kids in my wing. Then I have about 8 transfering out student's files to mail to the schools they are going to.

It feels good to be back :mad:

I haven't been on my bike in three days! I know that's bad. I'm proud of you for going on your Gazelle, Beth. I used to have one of those :mad: They are a great machine ;)

Planning a new house sounds like a lot of fun, too!

Finally I lost some weight!!! I lost 2.5 pounds. Not exactly enough for my liking but het it is a loss and never to come back again. Now how do I change my ticker thing? I don't know what to do. Help :help:

Way to go Stephanie and Beth, you girls are rocking and rolling. I didn't exercise at all today, unless, LOL you count riding 4 wheelers up and down the clifts for 4 hours. I was scared to death. Mine would start spinning and try to flip over and my dh would laugh. Then I'd turn on a side of a hill and almost flip all of the way down. He thought it was hilarious and believe you me if I'd had one of my adivans with me I'd took it. I thought I was a gooner. I was determined to keep up with the guys.

You girls are doing great. Keep up the wonderful work.

Congrats on the loss, Beth!

MySherriJo - Sounds like you had a blast today - and yes, what you did would count as exercise. It takes a lot to maneuver one of those things!

I did my weekly weigh in this morning and couldn't believe my eyes - I am down 7.4 lbs just this week!! I thought for sure I had skipped a week of recording, but when I went to my chart, it was right. It's amazing what a fill will do for you! And I was worried I ate to much tuna salad :huggie:

I know I won't lose that much every week, my average has been 4.5, but it was a nice surprise.

I had a teacher come in today to set up his classroom and he said "You look like you've lost some weight". I said yes - I told him what I did. I figure if the head secretary, who is quite a gossip, knows, then why try to keep a secret. He was very excited for me and said maybe we could start a Green Wing health club ;)

Tomorrow my principal is taking me to Applebee's for lunch. I was supposed to go to dinner with a teacher, but she had to cancel. I'm kinda glad because I didn't really want to eat out twice. She and I will reschedule for some time after school starts.

I also had an NSV today - I wore a short-sleeved sweater that has been in my closet and untouchable. I had my DS take pictures of me today as I haven't been taking any. I figure since I'm almost to 50 lbs lost, it was a good time to take a picture.

Yay Steph! That is phenominal. Hope you have a fun time at lunch with the principal today! LOL Id be nervous if I were you, make sure you are on your best behavior so you don't get dentention haha. Are you down anymore sizes in clothes? I bet you are close if not yet. Congratulations, be proud!

Yeah Step!:clap2: :clap2:

I am so proud of you. Way to go. I hope that you get all you work done before school starts. How do you change your weight on your ticker factory thing? I need to change mine.

I hope you all have a great day. I hurt my knee yesterday while exercising. I am going to put a bandage on it today before I exercise. I hope that will help. It is better today so maybe I didn't do any bad damage. I will let ya'll know later.

Hi fellow bandsters. I'm at 5 weeks post-op tomorrow and had my first fill today. I was given 1.6 cc in my 4 cc band. Haven't eaten yet so don't know how it's gonna feel. Doctor says I should stay on mushies for the rest of today and back to regular food tomorrow.

Marie

Hi Marie and congrats on your weight loss and #1 fill. I am 7 week post-op and have my first fill next Tuesday. I am SO happy to finally be getting one!!!

My doctor says liquids for 48 hours after fill but every doctor is different!!! So just go by what he/she says and take it slow like you did your first week post-surgery.

Good luck!

Ruthie

Hey everyone!!

I haven't been here in a while because I've been sooo busy! I have no idea how much wieght I have lost because I'm in nyc without a scale, but I'll know tomorrow when I go back home to Maryland. I'm going crazy because I live in a 4th floor walkup and its been hard - because I am normally so tired coming home. I know I've lost weight though!

But yesterday at Ikea, I had their salmon and I had my first PB! It was scary but I knew it wasn't going down so I just stood in the bathroom until it came up. I thought it was over but I had to go back to PB the rest of it after that. I was on liquids until today. I felt so much better. Its not something I'd like to do a lot, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world! My fill is finally kicking in! I think its the stress.... I had an audition for casting at my school and got a callback so I have to audition again tomorrow... wish me luck! I've been sooo stressed- with my new apartment and such, but hopefully it will go away soon :P Alright, I have to get going so good job everyone with your NSVs!!!

Speaking of NSV, I have one... I am getting compliments left and right from friends and teachers! woohoo :D