Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your mind?

Put me on the list for extended release Effexor. I think you should try it again. Beware it has wicked withdrawl symptoms! Effexor is not one to be forgotten in the daily regiman. I have withdrawn from it so if anyone needs a plan to stop taking it send me a message. I started taking it again when I started feeling depressed. I am glad I did.

That drug saved my life in 2004. No joke. I would have ended it for sure.

HEY? For those who had surgery how did you cope with taking your Effexor??? I have been worried that I might miss a dose and get the dreaded withdrawls. I would have asked but figured I was the only one on the board who was taking it.

I was taking 150 XR before surgery - I couldn't swallow them after surgery (still can't) so I quit taking them -- I didn't have any withdrawals; however about 1 month out I did feel myself getting depressed so called my doctor and he called me in an RX for Venaflaxin - the generic of Effexor - which is NOT an XR and can be cut or crushed as needed. I had to start over at 37.5 mg; however, the venaflaxin makes me sick to my stomach, so I'm off of it once again. I see my OB/GYN (the one who prescribed it) on the 20th, so I am going to see about getting back on the XR - the 37.5 and 75 are much smaller capsules and I think I can swallow them okay and they didn't make me sick.

You might want to see if your doctor will write you an RX for the venaflaxin and try taking it before surgery (you have to take it AM/PM) to see how you do with it before surgery.

I take 225. That might be why I withdraw like a twisted sister. I can deal with withdrawl but I am worried because the withdrawl makes me want to throw up. That is no good. I am not going to risk my staples for anything.

I opened the capsule this morning and took the inards on an empty stomach. No problems. Don't worry my doctor said I could do this. I am going to do that for another week. If my stomach does not act up then I am going to give it a try after surgery.

Exercise is good for depression too. Also smiling. And sunshine.

Not that you shouldn't take pills too, but everything helps.

I am on Prozac, but like MacMadame said, I do find when I am good about getting my exercise in, it definitely heightens my mood. I have more energy, I am happier and just generally at peace with things.

My doctor just called and he does not want me to take it . I have liver problems and he said I am already on a lot of medications. I am afraid if I really pushed it, he would take away my sleep meds and I need that more. I am in a pickle.

I do feel much better when I make sure and get plenty of cardio in. I do weight training but I think the cardio does more for those endorphins.

Tiffykins,

How i feel for you at this time. Just remember how much you will appreciate each other when he does get home, plenty of time for getting to know each other again. You are both so brave to work through the seperation times, but im such a softie that i would not be able to be without my hubby every day...i managed a week while he went on a golf hols, that was enough for me! Just imagine his surprise at how much you would have changed since he last saw you!

Tiffykins,

How i feel for you at this time. Just remember how much you will appreciate each other when he does get home, plenty of time for getting to know each other again. You are both so brave to work through the seperation times, but im such a softie that i would not be able to be without my hubby every day...i managed a week while he went on a golf hols, that was enough for me! Just imagine his surprise at how much you would have changed since he last saw you!

Thank you so very much. Luckily, we are almost done, and he'll be home soon.

We're both really excited about the homecoming. This week seems to be dragging by, but hopefully once today is over, it will be better.

In other news, school starts soon for Caysen. I'm excited, but the days are going to be lonely I can get a schedule down. I plan on volunteering at his school, and I joined meetup.com. I joined a ladie's day out group, and they get together every week for a movie, lunch or coffee. It'll be fun to get out and meet new people.

Wow Tiff that sounds like a lot of fun ... I am sure you'll find something to do to keep yourself busy ... and think of all the sex you and John can have while Caysen is at school. :svengo:

I forgot about that meet up.com. I used to check it out but nobody around here seemed to be too active with it. I will need to check again.

I had never heard of that site, I will have to take a peak at it too.

I've found 2 groups that I think will work for me. There are several "mommy and me"/Playdate groups, but my son is 11, and we don't really do playdates anymore.

I'm excited that I'll be able to get out there and meet some other people. I need to be more social, and get involved. This was the only way I knew how to get out there. A lot of the other wives here have multiple children and are a lot younger than me. I just can't relate to most of them. So, I had to find another venue to meet friends that weren't necessarily tied to the military.

I meet people by joinging clubs. You can meet some great people by taking a class. I have my figure skating friends and my triathlon friends. They are awesome!

And very supportive of my surgery because they understand about healthy living and how important it is to lose weight and be healthy.

Vegas Angel and Bob are both real sweethearts!

I am going to love Las Vegas!

Not to change the subject, but I just wanted to say, happy Friday everyone!!!!

Happy Friday to you too! I am so happy I am not going to have another boring weekend alone.