Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your mind?

I'm going to try to have a "take it easy" weekend. I am biking to a support group meeting on Sat. (and back, of course). On Sunday, I'm doing a swim in the ocean followed by a run in the morning. But the rest of the weekend, I have nothing planned. I hope to be able to catch up on stuff -- grocery shopping, reading, watching tv shows I recorded back in May and never got to... maybe go see District 9. But nothing I *have* to do.

Let's do something fun every weekend! I have a poll for you:

1) What are your plans this weekend

2) What's your favorite movie and why?

3) How many states have you visited? Lived in? Your favorite?

Here are my answers:

1) I am going to do a Sat. and Sun. workout, but take it easy the rest of the weekend. I might bake or go to the movies or I might lounge around in my pjs. Whatever strikes my mood.

2) My favorite movie is Blade Runner. I love how stylized it is and how a time and place has been created down to the littlest detail. Plus, it makes you think. It's film noir set in the future instead of the past.

3) I've been to 41 states. I've lived in 5. My favorite to visit is Hawaii. My favorite to live in is California.

What are your plans this weekend?

My plans this weekend are hanging out with Vegas Angel Bearded Italian and Ruthi. We went to downtown Las Vegas last night and that was a real eye opener. It was a lot of fun. There was music playing and a dome over the whole area with

Woodstock music playing and a moving video of scenes from Woodstock. It was really cool.

This afternoon Vegas Angel Ruthi and I went shopping. We found the Fage yogurt at Trader Joes which I am anxious to try.

I wish I had a Trader Joes. I also bought a scale at Jennie Craig and I am having it shipped home.

Tonight we are going to see a show and to the Strip. That should be a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I have to fly home.

2) What's your favorite movie and why?

My favorite movie is Forest Gump. I don't know why I love that movie so much, other than it spans the entire time of when I grew up.

3) How many states have you visited? Lived in? Your favorite?

I have visited so many states I couldn't list them all. When I was 17 my parents dragged me around on this trip across the United States with their RV from Chicago to California all the way back to New Orleans. The only states we missed were the Northeastern ones. I was a teenager who missed my bf at the time, and was not pleasant to be around at the time.

The only states I have lived in are Oregon and Illinois. I would love to live in San Diego because I think the weather is perfect there. That will never happen though, because I know how expensive it is to live there. I do like Oregon better than living in Chicago, although I miss Lake Michigan a lot. It's like a big nice warm ocean.

The ocean in Oregon is freezing cold and pretty to look

at but not much good to play in.

I lived in SD for 11 years and the weather is definitely awesome!

I'm going to do it every weekend! But you can still answer the questions from this time.

I have to admit, the weekend with vegas angel. bearded and oregan daisy was really awesome. We crammed in as much as a group could possibly squeeze into a weekend. If anyone in the forum is fortunate enough to get an invitation from vangel and bearded to visit them in Vegas, do it. They are the most awesome couple and I am totally blessed to have them as friends. (They have angels all over their house)!! A testiment to how they really are. We also found out that we (4) can easily share an appetizer and have left overs. They actuallly invited me back!!!! Life is good and We enjoyed every minute of it this weekend. Thanks you two!!!

I have to second that. Vegas Angel has to be about the most patient person I have ever met in my life and Bearded is just a riot! It was so wonderful and generous of them to welcome me into their home. It was a weekend I shall never forget.

I hope some day I can go back, and I won't be in the down in the dumps mood I have been in lately. They did such a great job of trying to cheer me up though!

Yes, we do want to see pictures! Daisy, did you get your hair done? I know you guys were talking about it.

Daisy got everything done, Her pics really looked great. Bob knows what he is doing with that camera. I do hope she posts one of her favorites. I am planning to post a group one tomorrow. My batteries are dead in my camera right now so I cant download until in the am.

I got my hair trimmed and Vegas Angel showed me how to use her hot rollers to curl it before we did the pictures. I don't like the idea of having my picture online though. If Ruthi posts a group one that's okay, but I won't be posting any close ups of me.

I have had people tell me of some bad experiences with having their pictures online.

I may put one on FB though, since I have it set so that only people I know can view them. I have also heard some horror stories

about FB pictures being posted in other places.

I know I am quirky but I believe in being careful.

One reason is I know my surgeon here has people in his office that check the boards. I really don't want them seeing my picture on here. I also feel sort of funny about people that go to my support group reading everything I write on this board.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Let me know if you post one on Facebook, I really want to see what you guys did!

I have to admit, the weekend with vegas angel. bearded and oregan daisy was really awesome. We crammed in as much as a group could possibly squeeze into a weekend. If anyone in the forum is fortunate enough to get an invitation from vangel and bearded to visit them in Vegas, do it. They are the most awesome couple and I am totally blessed to have them as friends. (They have angels all over their house)!! A testiment to how they really are. We also found out that we (4) can easily share an appetizer and have left overs. They actuallly invited me back!!!! Life is good and We enjoyed every minute of it this weekend. Thanks you two!!!

I have to second that. Vegas Angel has to be about the most patient person I have ever met in my life and Bearded is just a riot! It was so wonderful and generous of them to welcome me into their home. It was a weekend I shall never forget.

I hope some day I can go back, and I won't be in the down in the dumps mood I have been in lately. They did such a great job of trying to cheer me up though!

You two are too nice ... we enjoyed the weekend alot and it's always nice to have company ... you didn't mention having to put up with the dogs ... poor Ruthi had to share her "bed" with 3 dogs! Glad you both had a great time!

I got my hair trimmed and Vegas Angel showed me how to use her hot rollers to curl it before we did the pictures. I don't like the idea of having my picture online though. If Ruthi posts a group one that's okay, but I won't be posting any close ups of me.

I have had people tell me of some bad experiences with having their pictures online.

I may put one on FB though, since I have it set so that only people I know can view them. I have also heard some horror stories

about FB pictures being posted in other places.

I know Ruthi thinks I am quirky but I believe in being careful.

Daisy - it's not the pictures you need to worry about - it's giving out too much information about yourself -- what the hell can be done with a picture -- especially since none of your's are even riske -- now if they were nude photos I could see where your concern lies; however, just regular ole photos no one is going to want -- now if you decide to put your photo and all your personal information - ie SSN and DOB, well then, yeah, you'd probably be a victim of theft identity - but there is absolutely no harm in posting a photo or two of yourself - especially on this site or Facebook ... you worry TOO MUCH about inconsequential matters ... however, I respect your feelings and they are your photos, so what you do with them is up to you. You really should post at least ONE on here so people can see how GREAT you looked after your mini-makeover!