Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your mind?

You can have an inner ear infection and not even know it - my mom had one so bad that made her dizzy and nauseaus to the point they almost had to put her in the hospital with sand bags on each side of her head to keep her head from moving ... it won't hurt to have it checked out! You might want to do that soon so that if it is an ear infection you can get on antibiotics before flying to Vegas.

Edited by VegasAngel
Added another thought

I got a Myspace message today from 1 of my 2 friends down here ending our friendship. It has to be the most immature, and juvenile event I've dealt with in the last decade. It hurts, but at the same time I can't fix it.

I haven't decided if I should be pissed off or sad over it. The worse part is that John and her husband are not only friends, but they are colleagues, and work together.

It's just been a weird day emotionally. Health wise not much change. I ate today without being sick which is a huge improvement, and tomorrow we're cleaning house.

I got a Myspace message today from 1 of my 2 friends down here ending our friendship. It has to be the most immature, and juvenile event I've dealt with in the last decade. It hurts, but at the same time I can't fix it.

Oh please - that is very immature -- she can't even phone you to discuss it or meet you for lunch? I'm afraid to ask the reason ... well if she can write off the friendship that easily, she wasn't a true blue friend. Sorry for the hurt you've gone through.

I haven't decided if I should be pissed off or sad over it. The worse part is that John and her husband are not only friends, but they are colleagues, and work together.

It's just been a weird day emotionally. Health wise not much change. I ate today without being sick which is a huge improvement, and tomorrow we're cleaning house.

Glad to hear you had a better day eating wise at least!

Glad to hear you had a better day eating wise at least!

I'll email you a copy of the message. I was literally shocked when I got it.

I would share it here, but she is having the sleeve, and I've told her about this site. Even though she said she didn't care about anyone else's experience and didn't a forum for information.

So, I don't want to air all of the dirty laundry here.

It will be 53 more days before I get my sleeve. I'm already packed. I have my Protein powers, broth and Clear Liquids ready.

I hope after I get the sleeve I will be able to tolerate eating yogurt. It always taste like rotten gravy to me. Yuck!

I'm so happy for you Judy - I know it seems like forever, but it will be here before you know it. I liked yogurt before my surgery, not so much so now -- so who knows, you may like it after your surgery and it won't taste like rotten gravy (me, I've never liked gravy either!)

Judy - The greek yogurt has a completely different consistency and taste. I add Splenda to the plain flavor, and have been able to tolerate it pretty well.

I can't wait for you to get your sleeve.

If you finished fixing all the bugs in QuickBooks why do I still have bugs? humm??

Well, I'm working on next year's version. :wink:

Got my review today. Kind of crappy. No raise. Did get a bonus. I'm going to get a new car with it, I think. (Well the down payment on one, anyway.)

Congratulations Mac on your bonus.

Mac what do you think about this nausea?

Do you know or have read about on other boards if people get the nausea a couple months down the road if they didn't have it right after surgery?

If you just started getting it, then it's probably not directly related to the sleeve. Most people who get nausea as a result of the surgery, get it right away for a few days after and then that's it. Some people do continue to have it after that for a few months and no one seems to know why.

Nausea can be caused by so many things that you really need to go to the doctor and get it checked out. It could be from eating too much or too fast, but it could be from your gallbladder (if you still have one), from an inner ear infection, from an allergy, from being pregnant, from the flu, etc. etc. etc.

Hi everybody, I have been out of state for almost 2 weeks and even tho I took my lap top there was no Wi Fi to tag into. I felt so lost not having VST to check every day or should I say several times a day.

I see several new friends have joined and I missed saying welcome. So here is one big welcome to all those I have missed.

I was concerned about my food and eating while away from my comfort/safety of home but did OK. Was hard/interesting because all we did was eat out with friends/family 2 meals sometimes 3 meals a day. Was a true test to say the least. No one there knew or will know about my surgery.

My wt is down considerably since they saw me last but when questioned I told them I just watch my portions, eat no fried foods, white carbs or sweets. Often their reply was ...well, that is a hell of a way to live. My reply always was it might be for you but I love it and I love the results.

I go for my 3 month check up Monday. I am anxious to see Dr A and everybody again. We are staying a couple days at hotel so I can enjoy everything there. I kinda missed it in April. ha

So bottom line this is what has been on my mind for 2 weeks. Again, welcome and good luck on your WL journey to all that have joined while I was out of touch.

Carol

Carol, would you be interested in a trip to Mexicali in Oct when I come to get my dad's house ready to rent? WasA said she would go with me, but she has a very busy work schedule and she never knows ahead of time when she can take time off. She is a nurse and when other nurses call in sick, she has to work extra.

I would like to make some solid plans to go and have my tests done there and it would be so nice to go back there and NOT have surgery.

I am not pregnant, because I have not had a period for 5 years. So, we can rule that out. I don't think it's my gall bladder because wouldn't I have right sided pain?

I do have an appointment for a complete physical in a month, so I will be having a bunch of tests then. I was just at the doctor and he seemed to think it was lack of sleep. He gave me sleep meds and I have to say I feel a lot better today.

For the gallbladder, some people just get nausea when it first starts to go and not the full-blown attacks. But hopefully it isn't that because gallbladder attacks are PAINFUL!

I have spent most of the day crying. I am not usually somebody that cries a lot. My daughter and I got into a fight yesterday

and I think everything is just mounting between my dad dieing and my relationship ending and now my daughter is pissing me off trying to run my life like she is the mother.