Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Shakes are AWFUL!

So I start pre op in two weeks and decided I better try the pre op shake my Dr prescribes , well it is awful ! I was experimenting with flavours and there is no making it taste good , it made me gag . I don't know what to do its the only one he allows ahhhhh

​I buy only chocolate. I add a little Decaf instant coffee, some peppermint extract and ton of ice. I also use 8oz of skim milk. I love them and have been having for Breakfast for over 1 year. I use a Hamilton Beach small blender that is also the drinking cup. Sometimes it takes a few brands before you find the one. I buy Body Fortress. They sell it at Walmart, in the states.

Good luck with everything.

i order mine from www.unjury.com it is what my surgeon recommended and LUCKILY there is no disgusting aftertaste.. and usually i get it next day.. i ordered

Try the orange flavor if you can find it. It tastes like a dreamcicle. Yummy!

I really like Unjury , but the Doctor makes us drink slim time , I am going to have to come up with something that is similar

Im on EAS shakes. UGH. Counting down the days.

Check on Bariacric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes. My dr. recommended them as his first choice. Maybe they would work for you. They have 27 grams of Protein. You can find them at Bariactric Advantage.com. Good luck

~~~Stephanie

try Premier chocolate. sells at costco and sams club. it's the only one i can stomach and i have an entire cabinet of full powdered ones to show for my efforts.

I am a couple months away from my banding but decided I should start tasting different Protein Drinks and the one and only one I have tried so far is Pure Protein frosty chocolate from Walmart and its pretty tasty! I just mix it with Water. The only issue I have is trying to get it all devolved and mixed

Try to UNflavored Unjury and add it to the Dole Shakers (only one I can tolerate)

I would check with your nutritionist and see what they recommend. Mine gave me certain parameters that I had to follow.

<200 calories

< 15 gms carbs

<5 gms sugars

>15 gms Protein

If they can give you some recommendations of content it would open up some possiblities. Everyone has different tastes and it takes some experimenting to find what's going to work for you. I would wonder if he only wants a certain brand if he's getting a kickback from that company.

Good luck.

Has anyone tried shakeology. A friend of mine just gave me several different packets today. I am going to run them by my nut

Christy in tallahassee fl

I am on day 3 of pre-op diet.. shakes and liquids. I have tried MANY different shakes and i am just NOT a fan.. They either taste like you chewed up a Vitamin (shakeology) and cost a ton (shakeology) or they are really sweet. I like the Isopure clear Protein drinks the best. They taste similar to gatorade just not as sweet.

40g protein

160 cal

0g fat

0g carb

cant get much better than that! :) I get mine at GNC :)

I just started my pre op diet (even though dr. didn't say to) and I was very happy with click expresso. Not bad at all. Tomorrow I'll try the Unjury chocolate sample and let you know.

I've used shakeology in the past (not during my lapband process). I had to doctor it up a lot to tolerate it and it's pretty expensive. It didn't meet the requirements my nutritionist gave to me.

Another flavored "water" Protein that I like, that someone here turned me to, is New whey, comes in grape, watermelon, and fruit punch. It has 42 gm Protein per 4 ounces. It's very thick and kind of strong, so I dilute 2 oz in 20 oz of Water and it's really good. Something different from the shakes.