Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

I had cream of wheat on postop day 11.

I'm thru and resting now. staying overnight. Into surgery around 7:45am and I'm told it took about 50 minutes and the doc pronounced my liver "lovely". Stomach is sore and a headache. No bad gas pains (yet). Walking feels good. Ice pack on the tummy feels good. Hubs is here with me now, parents and sister earlier. Sis has also elected to sleep over on my room. Discharge after upper GI tomorrow Morning.

Congratulations and welcome to the other side Aviva! Glad you are doing well!

Was withheld Water for a long time and was insanely parched. Then given ice chips. Now allowed to sip water, broth and SF Jello. All feels good - just a tiny amount - and then walking afterwards when I feel some gas build. I Celebrate every burp.

Surprised how sore my throat is from the breathing tube but they tell me that should only last a day or so.

Congratulations, Aviva! Just take it easy. You will feel much better tomorrow morning. Upper GI after surgery was much easier than the first one. Only 2-3 sips of a clear contrast agent, not the white one (at least for me). It took only 3 minutes for me.

Was withheld Water for a long time and was insanely parched. Then given ice chips. Now allowed to sip water' date=' broth and SF Jello. All feels good - just a tiny amount - and then walking afterwards when I feel some gas build. I Celebrate every burp.

Surprised how sore my throat is from the breathing tube but they tell me that should only last a day or so.[/quote']

My throat is sore and dry. They told me to get a mint. I'm hoarse from the tube and coughing. I've been walking and still no burps. I burped as soon as I woke up from surgery and that's it. My shoulder is my problem. Best of luck to us both!

Ask you dr can you take a gas strip it goes on your tounge I have not had my surgery yet but I follow this girl an she said ask can you take that

KBush I'm glad you are good! I feel like I have been hit by an 18 wheeler!!!! I had so much anti-nausea meds and the Reletex band and motion sickness patch and still had the nerve to get a little sick. Sipping Gatorade and Jello to take pain meds. Gas is not the best so I'm taking my GasX. My nurse who has a band says get on you knees and elbows. Back end up in the air and the gas will try to escape out the highest point...your back end. I may try that tomorrow as for today I am in and out of narcotic sleep!!!

Hey guys,

I am officially banded! I'm on day 3 post op. This recovery is really kicking my butt! I have no gas pain but the incision pain is horrible, but slowly getting better. Hooray for pain meds! I had a horrible reaction to the anesthesia and it made me so sick, but once all of that got out of my system, I feel tons better. But i'm still basically in bed, and trying to get up and move every few hours.

The funniest thing that happened to me post op was when I was in the recovery room and all loppy, the nurse brings me a diet coke and some crackers and says 'here, eat this, you'll feel better". Thank goodness I was coherent enough to say "no thanks, I can't have either of those right now". I would have thought the nurses would know a LITTLE bit about the operation I just went through!! Good luck everyone! This is so exciting and scary!

Tomato Soup, anyone?

Does anyone or is anyone permitted to have Tomato Soup on their pre-op and/or post op diet? I progressed to my "full liquids" phase yesterday, I am a week post op. I'm allowed: Protein Shakes, broth, sf pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, and ff cream Soups.< /p>

I've always LOVED tomato soup. So I was very excited about being able to have it. Today while having my daily serving, I kept thinking "this stuff is like crack!" Then I began thinking...something is wrong here, it shouldn't taste this good...I know that sounds so screwed up but hear me out.

Then I looked at the nutrition label. Per half cup, there are TWELVE grams of sugar! I'm a sugar addict. This can't be right. I know my surgeon's office wouldn't steer me wrong, but I'm just baffled/really really bummed now. I feel like I'm just not allowed to enjoy food anymore.

Thoughts?

Maggie

Maggie: I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Right now you're working on getting enough nutrition, Protein, fluids. Since your menu choices are so limited, at the moment, seriously.. don't worry about it. Right now it's not about calories. It will be later.. but, for now, enjoy your tomato soup!

By the way.. for those of you that haven't seen my post, we have a COMPLETELY private Facebook group going on, for all of us July bandsters. It is turning out to be an extremely supportive and helpful group and, I invite all of you to give it a try. Nobody can search our group, or see our news feed or comments unless they are members of the group. The only way to be a member is to be invited by me.

If you are interested in joining us, shoot me your email in a private message. I'll be happy to send you an invite! :)

Hey guys' date='

I am officially banded! I'm on day 3 post op. This recovery is really kicking my butt! I have no gas pain but the incision pain is horrible, but slowly getting better. Hooray for pain meds! I had a horrible reaction to the anesthesia and it made me so sick, but once all of that got out of my system, I feel tons better. But i'm still basically in bed, and trying to get up and move every few hours.

The funniest thing that happened to me post op was when I was in the recovery room and all loppy, the nurse brings me a diet coke and some crackers and says 'here, eat this, you'll feel better". Thank goodness I was coherent enough to say "no thanks, I can't have either of those right now". I would have thought the nurses would know a LITTLE bit about the operation I just went through!! Good luck everyone! This is so exciting and scary![/quote']

Same with me - the OR nurses offered me all sorts of stuff I'm not allowed. I'm in a regular hospital tho - not a specific WLS ctr so I can understand them not knowing the specific restrictions given the diversity of patients they see. But I was also really glad I was lucid enough to speak up!

I'm thru and resting now. staying overnight. Into surgery around 7:45am and I'm told it took about 50 minutes and the doc pronounced my liver "lovely". Stomach is sore and a headache. No bad gas pains (yet). Walking feels good. Ice pack on the tummy feels good. Hubs is here with me now' date=' parents and sister earlier. Sis has also elected to sleep over on my room. Discharge after upper GI tomorrow Morning.[/quote']

So glad to hear! Warm thoughts your way for a speedy recovery:)

Hey guys' date='

The funniest thing that happened to me post op was when I was in the recovery room and all loppy, the nurse brings me a diet coke and some crackers and says 'here, eat this, you'll feel better". Thank goodness I was coherent enough to say "no thanks, I can't have either of those right now". I would have thought the nurses would know a LITTLE bit about the operation I just went through!! Good luck everyone! This is so exciting and scary![/quote']

Yay on being banded! I'm on day 8 post op and my incision pain is horrible still, but my dog jumped on me, twice, while I was sleeping this morning so I was set back...so yes, thank goodness for pain meds! Funny story about the nurses! My gosh!!!!! I had some interesting hospital experiences...I was in on the 4th and the entire Bariatric team just "decided" not to do any rounds...at all. So I wasn't discharged. I stayed an extra day. Best believe I'm not paying for that extra time! My goodness!

Anyways, congrats on your new band and keep us posted on your recovery. Don't be a hero, take your meds and ice helps my belly a lot!