Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

I was the same way until I got onto mushies and then my energy came back. I went to Ikea after 1 week and I had to sit several times. Now 2 weeks post-op I have no energy blocks. I can walk anywhere no problem. It will get easier.

I thinks it was the heat. I went back to work today and so of my patients are very active 2 yr old. I missed my kids I did 5 sessions n felt great. Carried my therapy bags sat on floor with the babies I'm back. My only adjustment is I ran home quic to have dinner burrito less burrito before my last two kids I knew if I didn't eat I would be starved by the time I got home. Tomorrow I have to pack my lunch and dinner it's going to be a long day but I welcome the challenge :)

Ladies to be banded tomorrow u will be fine rest walk and sip :)

I am so excited and scared for tomorrow I am exhausted but I don't think I can sleep. I never had surgery before and cry just at the site of a needle. I really hope I can stay calm tomorrow and hope god is with me while I enter this new lifestyle. Some many things are going through my head and I honestly can't even explain how much this forum has helped me. You all have been my biggest, and I mean biggest support system and that may be sad because we really dont know each other but this support is better than no support. I am so proud and excited for everyone on here and I hope we all continue to communicate on our progress through the months.

8:30 check in for me in the morning. I am extremely nervous!!! If you are a praying person please say a prayer for me and I will return the favor to you. I took my "naked" pictures and measurements tonight and wanted to vomit!!! I cannot wait until I can look in the mirror and actually like the person standing in it. I have prayed up my surgeon, technicians, nurses, aesthetician, and everyone else that will have contact with me tomorrow! I will try to get with my 7/11 band buddies to check back in in the evening. I got my Chapstick and GasX on deck just in case I need it. I think I am ready! God bless and good night!

Man I can't finish the 2nd bottle of laxative. I'll be up all night for the wrong reason. At least it's keeping me from being nervous about surgery.

Im on my 2nd day post op and feeling a lot better then yesterday. I'm still having gas pains but its getting better. I've been mostly sipping Water today but did manage to get one Protein Shake down. I'm just not feeling any hunger yet.

I was also wondering if everyone get staples? I wasn't expecting them for some reason.. lol I'm not looking forward to getting them out next friday. Thanks!

In a matter of hours we'll be getting banded ladies!!!! I guess I won't get much sleep because I'm still awake at this hour.

May The Lord bless us through a successful surgery and a speedy recover as the many countless others.

Hey band ladies! You should be out of surgery by now! See it wasn't so bad... Welcome to the other side ....

Tomato Soup, anyone?

Does anyone or is anyone permitted to have Tomato Soup on their pre-op and/or post op diet? I progressed to my "full liquids" phase yesterday, I am a week post op. I'm allowed: Protein Shakes, broth, sf pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, and ff cream Soups.< /p>

I've always LOVED tomato soup. So I was very excited about being able to have it. Today while having my daily serving, I kept thinking "this stuff is like crack!" Then I began thinking...something is wrong here, it shouldn't taste this good...I know that sounds so screwed up but hear me out.

Then I looked at the nutrition label. Per half cup, there are TWELVE grams of sugar! I'm a sugar addict. This can't be right. I know my surgeon's office wouldn't steer me wrong, but I'm just baffled/really really bummed now. I feel like I'm just not allowed to enjoy food anymore.

Thoughts?

Maggie

I was allowed to have it as long as I made it with skim milk and it had to be the "healty" variety. It really was delicious. With the little amount of sugars you are eating now the 12 grams really is not that much.

On another note I'm not understanding the need for 2 bottles of laxatives and 2 enemas that I have to do tonight. The first bottle I almost threw up.

Hopefully you made it through ok. I didn't have to do anything like this. I have heard of people having to for certain surgeries though.

I was also wondering if everyone get staples? I wasn't expecting them for some reason.. lol I'm not looking forward to getting them out next friday. Thanks!

Good to hear you are felling good! I did not have staples I had the glue and strips.