Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

BTW.... I never wear flip flops and only wear heels when I have to! Flip flop rub blisters between my toes, never toughened them up I guess!

Good afternoon, Ladies. Sorry I have been offline the last few days. Work has been quite hectic. Thankfully, the person I am covering for is back on Monday though. :) My boss has been really happy with my work too so far so it's all good. :) I got my 6 month review (I have been in the dept 2 mos. but it's time for 6 mos. reviews). He gave me a really good one. So I was happy. Last night, I got together w/ my bff and we got our nails done and pedis. It was a new place that I will definitely go back to. (Awesome pedis). So, we were soooo hungry afterwards as I had barely eaten yesterday (busy w/ work) and lunch that didn't agree w/ me. So we headed next door to the Sheep and the Fiddle (and Irish pub). OHHHHH boy. My dinner was amazing and I ordered 2 foofoo drinks. Well, for someone that rarely drinks I was under the table (figuratively speaking). I was dying laughing for 2 hours and my friend was cracking up. In our 10+ years of friendship she has never seen me like that. All that over 2 drinks! Oh well, it was a fun time that I hadn't had in a long time so it was nice to get some laughs (ok, a LOT of laughs).

Carole, the rainforest marble sounds amazing. Very unique. I hope the pattern works out as that really sounds interesting. :) So sorry about your foot. :( I used to wear platform sandals and had to stop as I seriously face planted in more parking lots than I care to remember. I would step on un level ground or a rock or something... I hope you heal up real soon. When do you find out how your scan went? (Thinking positive thoughts for you).

Di, I am glad your yesterday is over. Sounds like an incredibly stressful day. Try not to beat yourself up. None of us is perfect and I would've cracked long before and you are still keeping up w/ it all. You are doing amazing, really! I wish I had 1/2 your strength.

Dee, I am doing well, thanks! Audrey's been working a lot and I have been trying to keep myself busy. I am doing better w/ the band too. I hear from Ericka quite a bit so that is reassuring for me. :) I hope you are enjoying your summer w/ the kids too. Sorry to hear about the lady passing but you truly are an angel on earth as well. It takes a special person w/ a big heart to do what you do for others.

Janet, I hope you are enjoying your trip!!!! You so deserve it. :)

Michelle, how's the new machines working out for you? How did your finals go? I hope you are enjoying your summer. So what does hubby think of all the weight you have lost? He must be so proud of his hottie wife.

Terri, thanks for checking in on me on FB. Sorry, I was in the midst of my 2 drinks that put me under the table when I saw it. Apparently, I cannot handle a drink anymore these days. I guess that's a good thing. Brad and I used to enjoy a glass or two of wine but with him being "pre-diabetic" we rarely do that anymore either. Well, it isn't a Brad weekend but ALMOST. :)My work gives us Thurs and Fri off so I took Wed. off to drive to Omaha. Audrey took time off work so she is going with and I am bringing Brad's son, Owen. :) Owen is super excited. I am looking forward to 4 days w/ my sweetie. I hope Gladys is being nicer to her mom too! I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

Nicole, girlfriend, I am hoping no news is good news. Miss you!

Yay! Dawn is back! Yep the band changes how much alcohol we can handle. I rarely drink anything anymore, I already was a cheap date! Glad you had nice night out. Enjoy the 4th week!

Good afternoon' date=' Ladies. Sorry I have been offline the last few days. Work has been quite hectic. Thankfully, the person I am covering for is back on Monday though. :) My boss has been really happy with my work too so far so it's all good. :) I got my 6 month review (I have been in the dept 2 mos. but it's time for 6 mos. reviews). He gave me a really good one. So I was happy. Last night, I got together w/ my bff and we got our nails done and pedis. It was a new place that I will definitely go back to. (Awesome pedis). So, we were soooo hungry afterwards as I had barely eaten yesterday (busy w/ work) and lunch that didn't agree w/ me. So we headed next door to the Sheep and the Fiddle (and Irish pub). OHHHHH boy. My dinner was amazing and I ordered 2 foofoo drinks. Well, for someone that rarely drinks I was under the table (figuratively speaking). I was dying laughing for 2 hours and my friend was cracking up. In our 10+ years of friendship she has never seen me like that. All that over 2 drinks! Oh well, it was a fun time that I hadn't had in a long time so it was nice to get some laughs (ok, a LOT of laughs).

Carole, the rainforest marble sounds amazing. Very unique. I hope the pattern works out as that really sounds interesting. :) So sorry about your foot. :( I used to wear platform sandals and had to stop as I seriously face planted in more parking lots than I care to remember. I would step on un level ground or a rock or something... I hope you heal up real soon. When do you find out how your scan went? (Thinking positive thoughts for you).

Di, I am glad your yesterday is over. Sounds like an incredibly stressful day. Try not to beat yourself up. None of us is perfect and I would've cracked long before and you are still keeping up w/ it all. You are doing amazing, really! I wish I had 1/2 your strength.

Dee, I am doing well, thanks! Audrey's been working a lot and I have been trying to keep myself busy. I am doing better w/ the band too. I hear from Ericka quite a bit so that is reassuring for me. :) I hope you are enjoying your summer w/ the kids too. Sorry to hear about the lady passing but you truly are an angel on earth as well. It takes a special person w/ a big heart to do what you do for others.

Janet, I hope you are enjoying your trip!!!! You so deserve it. :)

Michelle, how's the new machines working out for you? How did your finals go? I hope you are enjoying your summer. So what does hubby think of all the weight you have lost? He must be so proud of his hottie wife.

Terri, thanks for checking in on me on FB. Sorry, I was in the midst of my 2 drinks that put me under the table when I saw it. Apparently, I cannot handle a drink anymore these days. I guess that's a good thing. Brad and I used to enjoy a glass or two of wine but with him being "pre-diabetic" we rarely do that anymore either. Well, it isn't a Brad weekend but ALMOST. :)My work gives us Thurs and Fri off so I took Wed. off to drive to Omaha. Audrey took time off work so she is going with and I am bringing Brad's son, Owen. :) Owen is super excited. I am looking forward to 4 days w/ my sweetie. I hope Gladys is being nicer to her mom too! I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

Nicole, girlfriend, I am hoping no news is good news. Miss you!

[/quote']

Hey there! My hubby is thrilled!! Text Nicole yesterday. She's adjusting to band life and work and is pretty pooped when she gets home. Once she loses more weight she'll get the energy surge!!

Good to "hear" from you Dawn...and that all is well...

I guess we are all really cheap dates now...when I want wine, I choose something Jack likes, so he usually has at least half do the glass. When he makes his spiked milkshakes, he still makes me a small glass. That/ one drink I used to never share.

We discovered an exceptionally delicious cafe in Boone. They make an amazing Medeterrainian seasoned moist tilapia. Loved it all except for the olives. I don't do olives of any description.

Well, typing invisible again...

Guess that's my que to sign off for now...later...

Happy Sunday!! It's was a 106 yesterday. Today same. We gave weather advisories now due to the heat. At 10pm last night poor Nicole in Modesto was still at 97! Oh boy oh boy!

Good morning all from the RAINY NC coast! Hope the weather improves throughout the week!

57 degrees and not a cloud in the sky on Beech Mountain...we went out for Breakfast and sat outside. So nice to not have traffic and we have yet to have to wait for a table regardless of the restaurant we choose. This is easy to adjust to!

So, I got a new pair of shoes...kind of a combination between a walking shoe and a sandal. No more sprained feet for me...they really don't sell anything like these in Florida. Or if they do, I never saw them. Not my type fashion statement, but another adjustment to an area where crushed granite and uneven walking surfaces are common.

We received an email from Seth this morning at 3:52am, letting us know that he had arrived safely in Kuwait. It was 115 degrees. He is uncertain of how the rest of his journey will go..so far, so good...

Terri, hope the weather gets better...Michelle, stay COOL!

Good afternoon all...

Dawn so happy for you and your revew at work .....we all know you take pride in your job !!! Glad you enjoyed a pedi....remeber when we would treat ourselvs with a donut ....or someother thing that didnt last....unless you could how it lasted on our hips !

Carole...the granet with the pedrified wood sounds amasing !!! I didnt know they even made such a thing...i bet its beautiful...i think it would make any home special...would love to see a pic of it....but thinking a pic wouldnt do it justus....

About the guy with my computer...i know 100 bucks isnt a ton of money...its more the principle of it now...but i dont know if i have the time to fight the courts for it....im still thinking about it....and the computer is still holding on my a thread...or should i say duct tape !!!

Terri i getting more excited about meeting you !!! Now that July is almost here...

About shoes...I have never enjoyed wearing flip flops like I have this year...I got a pair for 50 cents at the begining of the summer at a yard sale and i wear them every day....even to church this morning !

Mini OMGOODNESS I love the heat but i cant imagine it that hot at night time....i bet the electric bills are going to be sky high.....glad your band is doing good...

Dianie...God love you....please dont beat yourself up ...about loosing your calm with your mom....yes I help take care of many but I cant imagine having to live every day with my loved one like that...some days I couldnt wait to leave...and the drive home id think wow the poor family....

Janet...hope your toes are in the sand .....miss you...

On a great note...I went to the park with the kids yesterday....and had a time of my life !!!!!

Here I am 55 yr old doing all the rides I always wished I could do....

My Kaleb said mom you never use to like to ride rides.....and I did break down and cryed as I told him...I always wanted to...but knew I couldnt fit in a seat....he hugged me and we both cryed till we laughed.....God is good !!!

Good afternoon all...

Dawn so happy for you and your revew at work .....we all know you take pride in your job !!! Glad you enjoyed a pedi....remeber when we would treat ourselvs with a donut ....or someother thing that didnt last....unless you could how it lasted on our hips !

Carole...the granet with the pedrified wood sounds amasing !!! I didnt know they even made such a thing...i bet its beautiful...i think it would make any home special...would love to see a pic of it....but thinking a pic wouldnt do it justus....

About the guy with my computer...i know 100 bucks isnt a ton of money...its more the principle of it now...but i dont know if i have the time to fight the courts for it....im still thinking about it....and the computer is still holding on my a thread...or should i say duct tape !!!

Terri i getting more excited about meeting you !!! Now that July is almost here...

About shoes...I have never enjoyed wearing flip flops like I have this year...I got a pair for 50 cents at the begining of the summer at a yard sale and i wear them every day....even to church this morning !

Mini OMGOODNESS I love the heat but i cant imagine it that hot at night time....i bet the electric bills are going to be sky high.....glad your band is doing good...

Dianie...God love you....please dont beat yourself up ...about loosing your calm with your mom....yes I help take care of many but I cant imagine having to live every day with my loved one like that...some days I couldnt wait to leave...and the drive home id think wow the poor family....

Janet...hope your toes are in the sand .....miss you...

On a great note...I went to the park with the kids yesterday....and had a time of my life !!!!!

Here I am 55 yr old doing all the rides I always wished I could do....

My Kaleb said mom you never use to like to ride rides.....and I did break down and cryed as I told him...I always wanted to...but knew I couldnt fit in a seat....he hugged me and we both cryed till we laughed.....God is good !!!

That made me cry. The pain of watching life pass you by is a pain I know all too well. It robs us and our loved ones. The memories you are giving your children now is priceless. I'm super proud of you!

The heat is something we can't imagine either. It usually cools down really nice in the evenings here. But this is crazy. Today We took a nap to beat the heat and woke just now to 87 in the house! Now ac is on. At least I saved electricity until 4pm.

My oldest boy went running at the lake with some friends at 2pm and now they are swimming. Crazy young people!

Aw, Dee, you brought tears to my eyes. I could see in the FB picture you were having a blast and I could totally understand. I do get scared of a lot of the rides (afraid of heights) but I, too, have missed so much w/ my kids because of not being able to fit on rides. We have a Six Flags nearby and I always made sure I went w/ both my kids or they had a friend or cousin with to go on the rides with them... :( So sad all the time I missed but sooooo happy that you are able to do that now and living it up! That is SOOO awesome and makes me teary eyed!!!

Michelle, hope the heat has passed... it is beautiful here today.... 70s, light breeze, lovin it! Finally able to have the windows open. So glad to hear the hubby has taken notice to how well you are doing w/ the band too, btw. ;-)

Michelle' date=' hope the heat has passed... it is beautiful here today.... 70s, light breeze, lovin it! Finally able to have the windows open. So glad to hear the hubby has taken notice to how well you are doing w/ the band too, btw. ;-)[/quote']

Dawn, it's so hot people are gonna start losing their minds! Monday through Wednesday are supposed to be over 110! We have severe weather warnings going on until 7 pm daily.

There is usually one or two days like this in August but never so many days in a row so early on.

I'm glad I'm going to work in the morning!