Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Janet... I hope doing the lawn means you are feeling better. Take it easy on yourself.

Diane... hang tough, you are in the right place. Had to laugh at your hubby's experience. Mine was seeing my Dad naked for the first time!

Doreen... hope we are straight now on the date... Wednesday the 24th of July! See you soon. I will call when we get to PA to confirm.

Dawn, I understand the downer of leaving Brad. You made a choice to be with your daughter and see her off to college. I know it is not easy, but soon it will be behind you! Long distance is always tough!

Carole, any new plans for the remodel? Will anything be the same when you guys are done. I too and anxious to see the final result!

And yes... Mini... do you hear from Nicole? Has she abandoned us completely?

Hope everyone had a good week. I plan to!

Love you all!

Terri

Good afternoon/morning, Ladies. I hope today is a good day for all of you. I am in a pissy mood but keeping it to myself. Plus, I didn't sleep well and was upset w/ Audrey last night so some sleep tonight will help tremendously. I am a bit irritated w/ my "bff" and I think that is festering w/ me and behind my crankiness today in addition to leaving Omaha. I don't regret one bit staying here until Audrey goes to school and I know this will pass soon. I will miss the heck out of her and her sister even though they will be at college. Sorry, I am a crabby rambling mess today.

I do love all of you ladies and appreciate all the great times, support, encouragement and wisdom we can all share w/ one another. You are all a God send for me.

Janet, the funny part of me bringing up my age... I had to edit my post as I had my age wrong initially. I had to do the math and realized I had my age wrong, lol.

Sharing my new favorite 0 calorie beverage with you.... I love flavored lemonades, teas, etc. but not a big fan of the powdered mixes. So I make a jug of unsweetened tea - for 1/2 gallon I fill the jug with warm Water and throw in 4 tea bags and put it in the fridge. It makes wonderful unsweetened tea. I bought the Walmart brand of the "Mio" flavor enhancers that you squirt in Water. I bought their raspberry lemonade and added it to my tea.... man, it's YUMMY, imho!!! :)

Janet, as for getting maddy to the beach, last year my kids' babysitter took her sister to Florida. Her sister was dying of cancer and had always wanted to put her toes in the ocean (which she had never done). They were able to rent a beach wheel chair and made wonderful memories bringing her sister to the beach. I have no idea how much it was but maybe that would be an option one day to take Maddy.

Happy sewing, Terri. I am in awe of your talent.

Carole, I, too, cannot wait to see the final remodelings. I am sure it will be amazing. My house in Omaha has granite counters and I just LOVE them. Thankfully, they are already there as I would have a heck of a time deciding on them and what to put!

Di, I do love the firepit Brad got for the house. He LOVES copper and how it weathers. We have a beautiful birdbath he got for the yard too done by a sculpter with ornamental flowers, etc. I love the outdoors and it is so nice to just enjoy the elements and nature.

Dee, I hope you are enjoying your day!!!

Michelle, ♥

LOL,Dawn... Saturday I had to do the math also. I thought I was 57, but I will be 57. Once I went almost a whole year thinking I was a year older than I was. Never a year younger.lol

Well I think I will be 58 this year but lately I feel 100. Another long day, just got showered and snuggled down for the night. Hopeful tomorrow we get to move out of the ICU. Keep ur fingers crossed, so ready to be home and back to work my long weekend did not happpen. ;-( as planned. Today was a good day no new events, except doctor told us he did have 2 not one stroke and both his right and left veteberal arteries dissected? I still don't understand why and neither do they,so one day at a time. I had a better day eating today thank goodness,

Hugs everyone gotta get some rest, love you all and thanks for prayers, please keep them coming,

Prayer for continued improvement and getting out of the ICU, coming your way Diane.

Hello all! Been busy today with dr appt. was nice reading about all of your updates.

My son has been diagnosed with Tourette syndrome w/o vocal tics. He has always had it I guess but it peaks in severity in the late teens. That is why he has never been able to play video games or go into Walmart/Target without having to wear dark glasses (he'd get all crazy)

It can be treated with meds. Tyler doesn't want meds though.

We are all relieved because we thought it was something very severe. At least he isn't going to die.

Good evening...actually almost morning all...

Sorry I went MIA today...the sun came out finally! No excuse though...I got another quilt laundered, several more boxes in my office are history, and got my gym time in. I did miss reading the check in's though.

Dawn, please don't be hard on yourself. This journey is full of learning along the way, and none of us will have a perfect score. You are doing the right things to get back on track, and that's what is important.

Dee...I am so happy for you! You are really getting in touch with life and living and having the time of your life. I hope all is well with your family...

Diane, I must have missed something...but was glad to read that there is a possibility that your brother will get to move out of the ICU. I'm also happy to read that you were able to take better care of yourself today. Stay strong...and stay in touch. Continuing prayers for you and your family.

Terri...how wonderful that you and Dee will get to meet...we want a report and pictures! I hope your home was in good order when you got there. So much rain, it did seem like a tropical storm in Florida.

Janet...you are amazing...yard work to,quilting, to repairing cars. Is there anything you can't do? So happy you are feeling better...awful to go on vacation and end up getting sick. You know that you and your are most welcome anytime. :)

Michelle...I am relieved that you now have a diagnosis for your son, and a good treatment plan in place. It is difficult for teens to accept their medical needs...I fought that battle on several fronts with Seth while he was in middle and high school. Your son might be more inclined to listen to his physician. The years when our children are not kids, and not mature to be adults are the most difficult. Take a day at a time...you all will get through this.

I have to get up early, so will be off to bed now. I have to be in Asheville for my 10am appointment. I will be finding out the results of my GI study...and will request that the results be shared with my surgeon in Florida.

If I have to have my band removed, my surgeon in Florida will be the one I trust to do it. I already have an appointment with him for early August. I hope it will not come to that. On the plus side, I do have the reflux under control, and am able to sleep through the night now.

Foot is not healing too well. Part of this may be tied to the attempt I made to walk the trail around the rec. center last week. At least I am able to use the recumbent bike. I really would just love to be able to walk pain free like I did in the past...never take anything for granted...

I way typing invisibly again...

Thank you all for your encouraging words, shared wisdom, and love along the way. I hope and pray that I will,complete my journey with you...time will tell.

Hugs to you all...

Morning, sun is shining and hoping all are doing well.

Mini, glad u have a diagnosis, a treatable illness and your son will gradually reach acceptance, kids fight and that is good, not giving in makes them stronger. Big hug for you today.

Dawn remember I stayed stuck for 6 months around the 170 mark and finally went back for a fill. Your mind has to be in just the right place and I became complacent for a period and than enough was enough and I moved on. Never beat your self up, this is for life Nd it takes more time to mentally prepare yourself than any if us realized.

Dee you will love Teri, can't wait for you two to meet. ;-)

Janet your support and prayers mean so much. This child has an Angel watching over him, by all rights he should not be here, I am just thankful God realized I needed him more on earth than he did in heaven!

Carole thank you also for all your lo e and support. I am sorry your foot is not healing well, it looked good when I saw you in Asheville . Maybe you should not push the exercise at this time and give it time to heal. Prayers for you today my friend and I hope the doc appoint goes well.

Teri, my late night friend, :-)! I got some rest last night and I managed to eat 3 meals yesterday. I do think I have dropped a pound or two my shorts are loose this morning. I will eat more today. Having steel cut oatmeal with blueberries now. Sitting outside of the University watching the chaotic morning of all the workers. Amazing that the world does go on when you think yours has stopped or gotten off course.

I sent Cawanna a message, do you think she is OK. Maybe just busy, kinda worried about her she sorta feel off not lo g after being banded. Anyone heard from her?

Well the sun is shinning and I am hoping for a good day today. My boss wants me home and I want to go home but my place is here.

I love you guys, all take care more later gotta get back inside for morning rounds!

Carole, prayers for a good report from the doctor today! Sorry you are still in pain with your foot.

Diane, prayers for your brother continue!

Janet, you are like mighty mouse! Always doing something, even when you are sick! Take it easy on yourself until you are over the stuff!

Michelle, good news that you have a diagnosis. I agree with Carole, let your sons doctor be his counsel on meds. They think they are grown, but still have a lot to learn!

Doreen, enjoy life. Looking forward to our meeting in a couple of weeks, we will definitely take pictures!

Dawn, give yourself a break... you have been under immense stress for the last several months. Don't let it get you down!

Nicole... hope all is well... stop in sometime!

Off to get my nails done, then quilting for me today!

Love to all have a great Tuesday!

Morning girls,

Carole, thoughts and prayers on keeping your band and having a plan to do so. Whether you have to have it removed or not, I do hope you will not leave us.

Diane, Good to hear you have woken up to sunshine. Praying for continued improvement.

Did I ever tell you about my brother who broke his neck? Sorry if I repeat myself. He had the same break as Christopher Reeves, close to the same time as Chris too. He was offered the same surgery as Christopher, but being they had no insurance they chose to have a full body cast. All these years later, my brother is still walking and working as an auto mechanic. The day he broke his neck, I was with him. He got up, walked around and then started to go into shock. He was in and out of a coma for 2wks, but it was at that time while praying I heard God speak for the first time. He told me "have faith in times of darkness", it wasn't my head, it was a out loud voice. My brother woke up, after a prayer meeting and was home in 2 1/2wks. His recovery wasn't easy, but it was a miracle. I'm believing in a miracle for your brother too!

You'll always hear me say " Have faith in times of darkness".

Mini, Sorry your son has to deal with Torettes and my continued prayers for him are going on also. I don't care what Drs say, I believe!

Dawn, I love you girl. You are so much stronger than you know. What you're going through, is making you stronger. Your day is coming and it will be better than you can even imagine. I believe!

Terri, Glad all is well with you. Enjoy the nice nails and happy quilting.

Dee, I so jealous of Terri!!!!! But also happy for you two.

Nicole, Hoping all is well.

Lastnight had to take my husband to Urgent Care. He has pink eye, viral & Bacterial virus. While waiting at the drive thru CVS, my car battery decided to go dead. I was able to push it out of line, but poor Dave had to come jump my car.

My sis called this am and my mom was admitted to the Gainesville Hospital was some kinda infection. She doesn't think its necessary for me to come up. But being mom is 86yo, I should go. So right now, I am waiting for battery to charge, so I can go get a new battery.

I need to be home by Friday. Maddy is having an endoscopy and I need to watch Jack & Delaney. When it rains, it pours.

But I BELIEVE!!!!!!

You all have a great day. I love you all and consider you all my bff's. Thank You!

Notes to self:

You amazing ladies never cease to amaze me with your strength, encouragement, and determination

Don't read our forum, whilst at desk at work.... chances are you will either LOL or get choked up and teary eyed! Well, Janet you got me today as I was overcome reading the story of your brother.

Janet - I hope it is nothing serious with your mother and that Dave is on the mend soon. Thanks for being such a strong woman to bring and keep us all together. I am so glad you restarted our group so we could continue our friendships.

Di - definitely continuing my prayers for your brother, had he had any prior health issues or symptoms? I am so glad he has you there supporting him and advocating on his behalf.

Terri and Dee, I cannot wait for you two to meet. One day will be my turn too! :)

Michelle - I am glad you have an answer to your concerns and can move forward. Not to sound corny, but I have seen so many shows on tv lately where people have amazing talents and it helps them with tourettes. It makes me think of how talented your son is with the piano.

Carole, definitely keeping you in my thoughts today as well and praying for good news.