Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

The heat wave finally is over! We had a lovely 90 degrees today with a delta breeze. Lows in the mid 60s tonight. Our whole house fan is going. It feels great!

Morning Girls!

Dee you can do this, you are one of the most determined dedicated women I know. Pace yourself and you will make it and by the way I am so proud of you.

Carole, Yes I would believe another 2 inches. I have never seen such a soggy beginning to a summer. My brother said his charcoal molded in Georgia. My pools sides are swelling, I was able to get in yesterday, hook up the vacuum and her comes another storm and my efforts were for not. Oh well today is another day and maybe just maybe we can get a few hours of sunshine. We were able to cook out yesterday, so we had the 4th of July on the 5th. lol

Mini, I so remember those sweltering hot mid west summers. Thank goodness it is below 100 degrees, those were the days I ran from work to car to house and the pool of course. We had a small wadding pool on our patio and you would have thought it was a concrete pool!

Dawn love the copper fire bowl, I have a fire pit and a chimney on my patio now and I love them, if the rain would stop!

Teri, I am cleaning our the carbs, left overs from the kids. I am not over eating just eating the wrong stuff and it makes my tummy feel like cramp. My biggest issue is nuts, I made this nut mix for the kids, with sesame sticks, nuts, wasabi and dark chocolate coffee Beans and it will be the death of me. I love it, I made my son hide it in his room, it kept calling my name!

Janet, loved the beach pictures, I hope I get to stick my feet in the sand this summer but it is unlikely.

Well we dropped the night sitter do to finances starting next week. Mom has had a pretty good couple of days, last night she had a melt down and was sad. We had a long talk and I told her again her options were limited. Her meds are helping her more now and she is more manageable but I guess honestly I can't imagine how she feels. This is a horrible disease, I think I would prefer death!

Hope everyone has a great day, going to spend some time with my son doing some shopping and planting my palm tree by the pool.

Have a great day friends, if I missed you, know I love you!

Hi everyone,

Hub and I evidently caught all the hacking and sniffing at the airports and hotel we were at. Some how I expected that, with all the hand shaking. Dave's manager was sitting behide us on the flights and kept hacking and hacking.

Finally got caught up on laundry, drain field has been under Water for over a week. Its about 2 feet away from our new lake. Like Diane, everytime the Water goes down a little , another storm comes in.

I have to go back and read whats been going on. I'm hoping to find everyone well.

Mini, glad you've had a break in the heat. The 60's sounds pretty awesome.

ttyl, love you all

Need prayers girls! My baby brother has had a stroke this morning. We are at Emory University in Atlanta. So far they have been unable to TPA him because he has a Vertebral tear at the base of the brain. He is 43 years old and I am so stressed. Please pray for my family !

Need prayers girls! My baby brother has had a stroke this morning. We are at Emory University in Atlanta. So far they have been unable to TPA him because he has a Vertebral tear at the base of the brain. He is 43 years old and I am so stressed. Please pray for my family !

Prayers for you Diane and your brother. Keep us posted if you can!

Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry!

Diane, I am so sorry. Prayers and believing in a miracle for him.

Keep us posted. May God show His mercy and grace!

Diane...literally it pours on us.

I'm so sorry to read about you're brother's condition. Sounds like you have him at a place where they can do the proper diagnostics and treatment planning.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family...please keep us posted on your brother's progress and condition.

Love and big hugs...

Diane, I am so sorry. Prayers and believing in a miracle for him.

Keep us posted. May God show His mercy and grace!

Janet...you always share the most inspiring words...thank you for you!

Hello all. Band just synched up on me nice and right!

My piano player son has been having some uncontrollable twitches for the past few months that I just noticed yesterday. It is like Tourette's syndrome. Something is just not right. I am taking him to kaiser on Monday morning and I'm pretty freaked out! And the boy NEVER tells me anything. He said its been going on for months; at least from when he got back from Italy in October but is gradually getting more frequent.

I looked up the article about those girls at the school in NY and one of the interesting points was that a Dr in NJ was treating a few of the girls with antibiotics for the streptococcal infection. My MIL died from the toxic version of this! ( elderly and infants only susceptible)

Not jumping the gun, but freaking out just the same!

Michelle...I can so relate to how stress and anxiety can tighten the band rapidly. Very sorry to read this about your son.

The most important thought to hold on to is that there could be a number different reasons for your son's symptoms...some can be medication induced. Others such as Tourette's spectrum disorders can be managed well by medication.

I can relate to the anxiety you are feeling. Do your best to stay calm, and focus on getting your son the medical intervention he needs.

Prayers for a good resolution of his symptoms, and for you to remain positive.

Keep us posted on his condition.

Good morning all! Continued prayers for Diane and her brother and family!

Mini.... Likewise. I will add your son to my list of prayers!

Janet... you dry yet? Looks like we will get more rain today!

Carole... did you find nice furniture on your adventure?

Dawn... hope you and Brad and family had a great visit!

Doreen... Mountain pies and kayak? Who would have thunk it a year ago?

Cawa... have you deserted us?

Kind of a lazy Sunday here, no sun. I guess I will work on basting my quilt sandwich together and see if I can start quilting later today. This quilt is for the father of our God-Daughters who has just been diagnosed with lymphoma. Please add Tyler, Jessica, Grace and Eva to your prayers.

Consider the prayer list updated Terri...same here, no sun, and a few torrential downpours. Am I still in Florida????

Sorry for the choppy posts...a continuing new behavior for my laptop, it will not allow me begin a new line or paragraph. Will have to get back to the iPad. Will be back later.