Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Sounds like everyone had a nice Saturday.

Dawnn, thank you for sharing Erika's picture. The girls look so young. Don't tell Erika, but she looks like a little girl.She'll appreciate that when she gets older.

Brad is truly a dear. Glad you get to spend some time with him soon.

Michelle, I know you will ace those exams, as hard as you study.

How marvelous to shop in someone's closet. It really doesn't make sense to spend money on clothes you'll only wear one season.

So happy for you!

Carole, you are absolutely right about staying on schedule. Eating so late just doesn't cut it. Sorry you got off kilter. Did you and Jack have a date night? I was thinking, now that he's retired, everyday is a date.lol

Where are you, Terri & Di meeting on Wednesday? Can't wait for pictures.

Terri, by tomorrow I will have my binding on and moving on to another baby quilt. I got the queen size kit I ordered. I really can't wait to start it. The instructions are amazingly easy. Even a blueprint of how to cut it.

Thinking strongly of selling my machine and buying a new one. I really like my machine for clothes making and piecing, but neck not long enough. What model would you suggest?

Ange and I ran around this morning for a few things we needed. Then we hung out around her pool. Water was chilly, getting lots of rain. But really enjoyed it.

Came home and watched two movies at the same time, with my husband.

Yep, every commercial he'd switch between the movies.

At 6:30 I layed down on the sofa, just for a minute and was out in a flash. I really didn't want to fall asleep, but it was a nice short nap.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Janet...I hope you had a good day, and that tonight you will get some restorative sleep...I know I am unable to function well without sleep. Being sleep deprived really makes me a b^&*#!

Terri...another energizer bunny! Who do you bequeath these many quilts to? I am going to look up the menu for Fig Bistro online so I do not need to waste valuable visit time reading a menu.

Dawn, how good to read that you and Ericka have been maintaining communication...sounds like she is having a great time. I also hope Audrey woke at a reasonable time to have some quality time with her mom. We parents need to capitalize on our opportunities in that area...

Diane...what a wonderful picture you posted today...three generations! I hope that the time out has helped lower your stress. How have you been feeling?

Nicole, you must be doing wonderfully. No news is good news...

We managed to find 2 planters today, which in their former life were whiskey kegs. They are really the size of barrels, and there was no mistaking the smell of whiskey in the car after leaving them closed up in the car while we had dinner. I did not mind the smell, Jack thought it was disgusting.

I hope everyone has a good night...especially sleep wise. :)

Janet, Janome makes machines with a wide harp. That's what I have, about 9 years old now. I would love a bigger harp, but I did manage to quilt my king size bed quilt on mine. Also hear good things about Bernina, but they are more expensive.

Well my daughter and family are leaving tomorrow, I am sad..and will miss them. It has been exteremly nice these past two weeks to be surrounded by my immediate family during this very stressful time in my life. I have so enjoyed the grand babies and am so glad I took off last Thursday and Friday, we had a wonderful day at the Greenville Zoo on Friday and this morning we went to the open air farmers market DT Greenville. Mama was a grump and swears I tried to kill her by making her walk up a hill!

Some days are good here and some are bad but I am muddling through and somedays I am more frustrated than others, but my favorite saying these days is, It is what it is and I can't change it or control it.

Looking forward to my time this week with Carole and Teri. :unsure: and we will post pictures, I love to take pictures so girls get ready I am bringing the camera for some good shots!

My stomach is still giving me issues but it is just stress and I have to watch how and what I eat, no newby here and not my first rodeo, so pulling up the big girl panties and coping with it.

Janet I just noticed your ticker tonight you are almost at 100 lbs, way to go girl. So proud of you and honestly I am proud of all of us. Look at how many fat people we have lost to date collectively. lol

I promise to get caught up with everyone soon, I keep hoping life will let up some and I know it will if I just hang in there a little longer.

Really love you guys and really do appreciate all your support.

Hello! I wish I could sleep past 6 am! Oh well. I do take naps though. Yesterday I went to see my friend who is bedridden. she had an operation on a hernia. She's the only one that I told that I had lap band. She let me raid her closet for clothes and oh my goodness I got the cutest stuff. She's not very skinny anymore so she can't fit into all these beautiful clothes. She shops at Ann Taylor' date=' loft and J.Crew. So I got these beautiful dresses and tops and summer suit oh my God I'm so happy.

It's a great way to have a wardrobe while I'm losing weight because once I'm done with them I'll give them back to her.

Carol, what kind of stain do you use? My mom's husband just made me a beautiful flower box that I need to stain before I put the flowers in. And what to you line it with so the wood doesn't get ruined? ( How many questions from a little city girl)

Terri, I wish I knew how to quilt! I have always loved them was never taught to sew. And now I just don't have the time.

Janet, I love being busy as long as its a good busy. I think I would sleep for a week if i had nothing to do and be super lazy, never clean my house. So having a busy life keeps my adrenaline up enough where i actually have energy to clean the house too if that makes any sense.

What is everyone else doing today. I'm doing homework and cleaning my house today, so pretty mellow. If I get it all done today then I can do one of my finals tomorrow, one on Tuesday one on Wednesday then I'll be off of school until the 6th of July!

Has anyone tried the herbalife Protein Shakes? I'm going to order one canister along with their Protein boost to make the shakes 30g of Protein with 170 cal. Seems a bit high in calories but they are intended as Meal Replacements soooooo... I got ones kind of shake from Walmart and they just don't do the trick. I added a shake to my diet because I don't feel like eating in the morning but I need to because of the workouts. I'm not too tight in the morning to eat I just feel l just couldn't even look at anything.

[/quote']

Mini I used todo shakes in the morning, the most protein I can handle at one setting is 25gms, use pure protein , add a banana, berries, eggwhites, vanilla SFsyrup and ice. Never tried theherbalshales let me know how they are love shakes.

Morning all, sitting out on the deck,over cast today. Having coffee. Kids going home today , will miss them. ;-(. Drizzling rain here but sun is trying to sneak out from behind the clouds.

Good morning ladies,

I had a really good nights sleep last night, even with my 1hr nap last evening.lol

Need to spray on the mosquito repellent and Water my garden. Weatherman keeps calling for rain everyday, but not getting it. Today is another good chance, but poor plants are all shriveled, they can't take another hot FL day, without Water.< /p>

I think the laundry soap stopped the breeding, but dealing with what was already hatched. Don't like using insecticide, afraid of killing caterpillars and butterflies.

Dawn, I am so excited for Erika. This experience will stay with her the rest of her life. LOL, I can't even tell you what I had eaten in Africa, but it was made by executive chefs and excellent.

Gained 15 lbs, they eat every 2hrs., whether you're on safari or not.

Carole, good thing you two didn't get pulled over by the police. I can see you both on the side of the road, doing a sobriety test.lol

Sounds like they will be beautiful.

I wonder where I can find some around here? Will google.

Di, Sorry about your sad. I'd be sad too, like I was when Evan and Ange moved into their new house. Lol they are only 30mins away. And poor Carole having her family so far away now and son going to Afghanistan. Please give her a BIG HUG from me, when you meet.

It is what it is and we must be greatful we get them when we can.

Going to the zoo with grandkids had to be a blast. Have to go looking for pictures, I didn't see.

Terri, thank you for your input. I will definitely check it out.

Ange has already claimed any and all quilts I make. She says, I couldn't possibly run out of having too many quilts.

She is like her momma "loves quilts".

Do you do Pinterest? I have hundreds of pins of quilts, blocks, tutorials, , templates etc.... Ask Nicole, she pins funny stuff and good recipes.

Nicole, best of luck at work tomorrow. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone notices anything. If they don't, no big deal. I had to be down 30lbs before anyone noticed anything.

Happy pinning, lol. I love your stuff. Sorry I only pin boring stuff.

Michele, whatcha wearing to work tomorrow? lol

Prayers for acing your exams. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday.

Dee, Hope everything is well with you and the family. Whats the plans after church today? Hows CJ?

I forgot to tell you all, I am making plans to meet Sharpie, next time I go to Gainesville. She lives 45mins north of there. She has horses and thats on my bucket list, to ride a horse. She's 10yrs older than me and if she can ride a horse, why can't I. After all, I can ride a Harley, I know how to hang on.lol

Di gave me an idea. I went back to our tickers and we have lost approx. 686.40 lbs.

WTG girls! Love being in this club!

Di gave me an idea. I went back to our tickers and we have lost approx. 686.40 lbs.

WOW!

Wow Janet do you realize how many obese people that is 3, so we have lost at least 3 people between us. How cool is that... We rock ladies, and there is no stopping us! Woo Hoo!

Janet, make at least one quilt for yourself. You deserve it. Ange can get it when you are done with it! LOL! One other web site to check out for fabric is equilter.com

This is a family run business, I have met the owner, Luana Rubin. We took a quilting tour in CHina together. They donate a portion of each purchase to charity, you choose. Their favorite is a Chinese Orphans agency because they have an adopted Chinese daughter. Create an account with them and they will send you a drool email every Sunday. They also carry lots of wide fabric for backings and those are on sale right now. Just finished my Sunday drooling!

I don't do much on pintrest... too busy doing other stuff, but I am on occasionally. I think I subscribe to most quilting mags though! You are really rocking the band... you go girl! Who is Sharpie?

Diane, happy you got time with you daughter and grandchildren. It makes for a special time. See you on Wednesday!

Carole, any more bear sightings? If you can't find solid liners for your boxes, let me know what size and how many you need. I can check around here before we leave.

Dawn... you daughter looks so happy. It will be a lifetime memory for her. My daughter is still in touch with people all over the US that she met during her semester in florence. Being together in a strange country forges strong bonds!

Cawa.... best of luck at work today. I hope they all rave!

Mini... great shopping opportunity! I wish I had had someone like that instead of wearing the same three outfits over and over as I lost weight!

Dee looking forward to seeing your farm and all the kids and critters in July! We will be at our nephew's organic farm sale the day before, I will try to bring some fresh veggies for you!

Have a great Sunday everyone. I om off to walk to mall right after my one pancake Sunday luncheon!

Now that it is nearly afternoon, time for me to put in my .02 cents...

No, that was the first bear sighting...hip though to date we have seen many deer, including a very young fawn, a skunk, raccoon, numerous rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels. Definitely feels like living in the national forest.

Janet, old whiskey barrels are usually found either in plant nurseries, or near distilleries. They are very rustic, and therefor quite popular around here. Most every street corner on the mountain has one or more. I've always loved them, and they were on my "must have" list.

Good luck with the horseback riding...I think it's a fun thing to do. Though now, I'm not sure I could do it with past injuries. My friends from high school showed us their sky diving videos from earlier this year. They jumped from 14,000 ft...and loved the experience.

I'm taking it all in as to what is necessary for quilting. A machine with a wide harp, etc. After we have the house more in shape, it will be my turn to return to doing thing I enjoy. Quilting and stained glass are at the top of my list.

Terri...happy walking! Liked most of everything on the Bistro menu that I saw...looking forward to Wednesday!

I've been able to get in over 10,000 steps for 3 of the past 4 days...another start in the right direction. It's so cool without the oppressive humidity in Florida that walking in Florida this time of year outside would not be possible for me.

I slept half of the night propped up on pillows, and the second half lying down. It was my fault, as I could not stay awake for 90 minutes after taking evening medications like I usually do.

I hope all will enjoy the rest of Sunday...we are planting azaleas today, and starting on the boxes in my office.

BBL

I don't know where everyone is...but I hope out doing things they enjoy with others they love...

I likely will not "be here" for a couple of days...we leave in the morning for Ft. Benning. It will be a very long day with the drive, and we intend to spend every available moment we can with Seth and Jay.

Tuesday, we will be driving back from GA...

Then early Wednesday, on the road again to Asheville for imaging study and "THE luncheon date"!

Still looking forward to it...safe travels everyone.

Thank you all for your humor and emotional support through the months. It does make a difference...:)

Uneventful day... Thank goodness!! Did homework. Finals start tomorrow. Gotta get em all done by Thursday.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!