Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

It seems that the iPad will only allow a certain number of lines to a post before the text becomes invisible. Both bands and iPads are fickle!

Dee, perhaps that is what is happening with your computer? I hate to lose postings too.

I have not seen Dawn or our California girls around here...I surmise no news is good news...

Many errands to run today...pick up the dry cleaning, get the copper sink back to FedEx to return for an exchange, and hope the replacement is in better shape, picking up the lumber for Jack to construct the flower boxes for the deck railings.

I believe I will stay home to get the china cabinet ready to place some of the china and crystal in it. It arrived here intact, just with multitudes of smudges on every inch of glass and mirror.

I hope all will have a good day...even if it is a minute at a time!

Carole... I like it... one minute at a time. Hubby and I are going to go out and commune with nature today and play golf. I have not played since February, it won't be pretty! LOL

Its always nice just to know everyone is ok, hint hint Nicole& C twins....

I'll presume Carole is right "no news is good news".

Dee, Glad your computer cooperated and we heard from you.

I think if you discuss with your Dr whats going on, between the two of you, a great decision will be made. Good luck!

Last few days, I have been craving salty, which is weird for me.

A big storm is coming in. Sun shining in backyard and pitch black in front yard with thunder.

Terri, hope your golf game turns out better than you are expecting. Isn't hot on golf course?

Di, Have a good time with grandkids.

Carole, I'm with you, lumber shopping does not need me to be there.lol

A copper sink sounds beautiful, can't wait.

Back to quilting...

Hello, Ladies!

Can I get a whoot whoot...? :)

Sorry, I have been inundated at work this week as I am covering for my coworker that is observing a hospital survey w/ our boss in Israel. The last couple nights I walked the dogs and was exhausted to do much else. I am doing well. I am down to 209 now from 213. Still trying to not get too upset that I was at 204. :( I am happy it's going back in the right direction. I keep feeling like I need a fill but not sure. Kind of like you ladies mentioned, some days I can eat anything (embarrassingly, I ate a polish sausage a couple weeks ago on a bun and had no issue). Now that I am back to eating how I am supposed to, I do feel like I am satiated most of the time. I had my egg white oatmeal this a.m. and for lunch a lean pocket (didn't have time to make lunch today) and a light and fit Greek Yogurt and I feel full. I think it's my choices that were making me hungry or allowing me to overeat. I also was really getting lazy and not doing any exercise. My one doggie (Benny, my rat terrier) needs to lose a couple pounds and w/ his energy level needs to be exercised and I am lazy about it. This week, I have been making myself walk the dogs. It is good for them and me!!!! Seeing the scale come back down is definitely motivating. My bandiversary, July 27, is also motivating me as I would soooooo love to be at or below 200 for it (or at least a lot dang closer than I am now). I haven't seen a 1 as the first number in my weight for 10-15 years.

Diane, I am so glad you have a couple days off and hope you can unwind a bit with some Di time. I am soooo sorry to hear about your ring too! I sure hope it is found. Have a fun weekend w/ your grandkids and kids.

C Mom, ugh for the storm. Glad you are doing well though and making progress on the quilt. Thanks for checking in on me and my CTwin. My twin sense tells me she is doing fab and studying hard. ;-) Or she completely knocked herself out this time in her RX class. Going for the first though. That is awesome that your hubby got that trip for you two! Maybe we can Skype in and have lunch w/ Terri, Di and Carole since we can't make it out there????

Terri, I wish I knew how to golf. I always think that would be fun. I have told Brad I would love to do lessons (for fun). He went golfing for work yesterday (big event in the energy industry to do that during college basketball in Omaha). He says he is horrible at it, lol but he won a putter in the raffle.

Nicole, I am so sorry I didn't get on here yesterday to wish you happy birthday. I am loving that you got a fitbit and thinking I need to "hint" that to Brad for mine next month. :) Something to keep me honest and to track so I can see what I am really doing. I hope you are enjoying this week before going back to work.

Dee, any word from your computer repair bandit? That stinks you are having such issues w/ your computer. So glad you are enjoying your summer so far. So what did the "boys" bring home from this last animal auction? Are you finding it difficult to "maintain" since you have lost your weight?

Carole, ahhhh sleep, so happy you are getting some. That really can put us all out of whack when we don't. How's little Sushi doing? I am glad you were able to see your new doc and he seems to be someone you can work with going forward. I am excited that you, Di, and Terri are going to meet. We want pictures and stories!!

Twin, was I right on with my twin sense about you? :)

Hello, Ladies!

Can I get a whoot whoot...? :)

Sorry, I have been inundated at work this week as I am covering for my coworker that is observing a hospital survey w/ our boss in Israel. The last couple nights I walked the dogs and was exhausted to do much else. I am doing well. I am down to 209 now from 213. Still trying to not get too upset that I was at 204. :( I am happy it's going back in the right direction. I keep feeling like I need a fill but not sure. Kind of like you ladies mentioned, some days I can eat anything (embarrassingly, I ate a polish sausage a couple weeks ago on a bun and had no issue). Now that I am back to eating how I am supposed to, I do feel like I am satiated most of the time. I had my egg white oatmeal this a.m. and for lunch a lean pocket (didn't have time to make lunch today) and a light and fit Greek Yogurt and I feel full. I think it's my choices that were making me hungry or allowing me to overeat. I also was really getting lazy and not doing any exercise. My one doggie (Benny, my rat terrier) needs to lose a couple pounds and w/ his energy level needs to be exercised and I am lazy about it. This week, I have been making myself walk the dogs. It is good for them and me!!!! Seeing the scale come back down is definitely motivating. My bandiversary, July 27, is also motivating me as I would soooooo love to be at or below 200 for it (or at least a lot dang closer than I am now). I haven't seen a 1 as the first number in my weight for 10-15 years.

Diane, I am so glad you have a couple days off and hope you can unwind a bit with some Di time. I am soooo sorry to hear about your ring too! I sure hope it is found. Have a fun weekend w/ your grandkids and kids.

C Mom, ugh for the storm. Glad you are doing well though and making progress on the quilt. Thanks for checking in on me and my CTwin. My twin sense tells me she is doing fab and studying hard. ;-) Or she completely knocked herself out this time in her RX class. Going for the first though. That is awesome that your hubby got that trip for you two! Maybe we can Skype in and have lunch w/ Terri, Di and Carole since we can't make it out there????

Terri, I wish I knew how to golf. I always think that would be fun. I have told Brad I would love to do lessons (for fun). He went golfing for work yesterday (big event in the energy industry to do that during college basketball in Omaha). He says he is horrible at it, lol but he won a putter in the raffle.

Nicole, I am so sorry I didn't get on here yesterday to wish you happy birthday. I am loving that you got a fitbit and thinking I need to "hint" that to Brad for mine next month. :) Something to keep me honest and to track so I can see what I am really doing. I hope you are enjoying this week before going back to work.

Dee, any word from your computer repair bandit? That stinks you are having such issues w/ your computer. So glad you are enjoying your summer so far. So what did the "boys" bring home from this last animal auction? Are you finding it difficult to "maintain" since you have lost your weight?

Carole, ahhhh sleep, so happy you are getting some. That really can put us all out of whack when we don't. How's little Sushi doing? I am glad you were able to see your new doc and he seems to be someone you can work with going forward. I am excited that you, Di, and Terri are going to meet. We want pictures and stories!!

Twin, was I right on with my twin sense about you? :)

Oh jeez, now I'm worried Michele knocked herself out. I'm going to believe she is busy with studies, work and family. When could she possibly have time to knock herself out....

I'm so proud of you, Dawn. You will be in the 100's by your Bandiversary. Your dog will thank you.

Sorry, but I was never into chasing a white ball around acres and acres of property. Maybe if there was a chocolate cupcake at every hole, I could do it, or jumping hills in the golf cart.

Matter of fact, Paula has a friend who sells golf carts and we made a delivery to her shop. They had a really cool cart that looked like a monster truck, that I could do.

Mid 80's on the golf course... got hot and tired in the afternoon. Did not keep score, which helps me just enjoy being out and about! Only destroyed 3 fingernails in the process! Oh well... they grow back!

Dawn good to hear from you. Do NOT take golf lessons from Brad. Sure way to ruin a good relationship. My husband paid a local female pro to teach me. Much better! I am not all the good, but then I play less than 10 times a year. I enjoy being out.

Janet hope the new storm does not reflood the yard! Good luck.

Carole, I love the sound of a copper sink. I'll bet it will look great!

Dee glad you got your computer to work a bit. Folks were having trouble logging on to LBT today, but Alex says it is fixed now.

Love... take it easy as you can... look forward to seeing you next Wednesday... and Carole, you too.

Did you all know I will also get to meet Doreen in July! Yes, now I am bragging!

California girls where are you????? Last week off for Cawa, but where is Mini?

Good point, Terri. It may help our relationship for him NOT to teach me and help MY golf game. :)

Aw, got C Mom all in a tither! Michelle is just fine and dandy, one sexy eye candy!!! She just busssssy! ;-)

Thank you, the last fill really helped. I was able to take off 7 lbs in a month. It had been that much in 3mths. I was beginning to think that I was as far as I was going to go.

Janet... not buying it! Looking good GF!

You mean, not buying I want so much to be overweight?

I so do. I have been morbidly obese for most of my adult life, now just obese (hate that word), now looking so forward to being over weight.

Thank you for the "looking good"!

I owe everyone here many thanks.

Once I hit over weight, I will want to move on to normal BMI, lol

Baby steps..lol