Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Jack wanted to see the recent Star Trek film today...not my choice, but it is Father's Day.

We also ordered all of the appliances for the kitchen today. Everything shows up in July...that will be a busy month.

Busy is better than bored...and thinking too much.

well crap i just typed out a LONG post and POOF its gone !!!

Short version....had a awsome weekend so far....Hubby had to work but boys and i always manage to stay busy and out so Dad can sleep....

We did tard saling yesterday...I ran across a quilting loom...and i was going to get it it for one of you girls..but didnt know if any one needed it...

Sat and enjoyed a parade and live band last night....

went through a box of Angrey Bird ban aids already with scooter s and bike accidents !

~hugs~...hoping Monday things calm down some.....hugs

Hi all had a great weekend with my family, my Grand Daughter turned 14 today and it was a good day with family.

Here we are:

post-208874-13813135141929_thumb.jpg

Yes I look tired but it was a great day, an awesome cook out and some awesome strawberry cheese cake.

post-208874-13813135142532_thumb.jpg

It was also my baby Lexius Birthday and not sure she was happy with the situation at all. lol

post-208874-13813135142227_thumb.jpg

post-303680-13813141888217_thumb.jpg

post-303680-13813141888693_thumb.jpg

post-303680-13813141889124_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your day with us,Di. You look great!!!!!

Your puppy is cute too.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter and Lexius!

Almost didn't recognize your daughter, she changed her haircolor.lol

Glad your weekend was filled with joy. I saw the picture of that cake and it sounded and looks marvelous.

Diane, you look beautiful! Love the cake and doggie too!

Morning cmom and ctwin how's my family doing? I'm not ready to go to work but gotta bcuz is freakin Monday already!!

Went to do my TRX class today. My muscles are in fire!

Carole how is the re-rooting going after the move? U must be tired. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Dee, Nicole, Terri what's the plan today?

Have a happy Monday to everyone!

Good Morning everyone, Happy Monday,

I have an appointment at 9:30 in the morning in Asheville. With the help of the carafate, I was able to sleep through 6 hours uninterrupted, though it was propped up on pillows.

Michelle, good to read that yo are staying with the exercise. I need to do that too. Right now we are at an impasse of sorts, until the new kitchen is installed.

Typing with invisible text now...

Morning all! I finally lost a pound last week! Now just 3 more back to my doctor's goal of 179 and 7 to my goal of 175. The walking and logging of food shall continue!

Diane... looks like a nice party. I am sure you had a fun day! After showing you picture to my hubby he has decided yours is a jerk if he thinks you look old! LOL

Doreen sounds like a fun weekend for your bunch. Kids always love summer!

Janet... wishing you a great week of quilting and relaxing with no surprises!

Carole... hope your reflux is settling down. It is truly amazing what our emotions can do to our bodies!

Cawa... enjoy you last week of time off!

Dawn.... hope things are settling down for you as well.

Michelle.... Batman eh! well have a quite week and study hard!

Later my friends!

Good Morning everyone, Happy Monday,

I have an appointment at 9:30 in the morning in Asheville. With the help of the carafate, I was able to sleep through 6 hours uninterrupted, though it was propped up on pillows.

Michelle, good to read that yo are staying with the exercise. I need to do that too. Right now we are at an impasse of sorts, until the new kitchen is installed.

Typing with invisible text now...

Hope you like the new doc and he can find out what is going on with you! Fingers crossed and prayers for you! One of those ought to work! LOL

I find myself torn...I know that I need to continue progress with the house, but I also want to exercise.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great rest of the day, now that it is nearly afternoon.

BBL...

Good morning, Ladies!

How is everyone? I survived Father's Day at my dad and stepmom's yesterday. Only a few insulting comments/digs from my stepmother. I loved hearing from my sister that she was making digs about my gram, mom, dad's sister, and my ex to my sister. She is such a hateful woman but acts fake to everyone's face most of the time. My dad is actually a very nice guy on his own; however, he doesn't say anything with her comments and ignores them and so I blame him equally for not standing up to her EVER. Oh well, it went fine for the most part. I spent the afternoon having Dawn time and hanging out w/ my bff catching up on our lives and some sun! I am down 3 of the pounds I put back on. I was down to 204, then got up to 213 (UGH!) and am back down to 210. I am feeling a little better about it. My sister-in-law made a yummy casserole for my dad's yesterday and only put a little bread in it and made it mostly with egg whites. I have to get her recipe for that. :) I could make it in muffin tins and have some yummy stuff ready to go.

Diane, I loved seeing the party pictures a) you seriously look GREAT!! and you looked happy B) FABULOUS cakes you made! c) your grand daughter and daughter are beautiful ladies, like their mama d) OMG, how cute your dog had a party and cake too!!! LOVE IT. They really are like our kids. I love my dogs to pieces and esp with Audrey working all the time for summer and Brad gone, they are great company for me and always happy to see me! ♥ I am so sorry about how things have evolved with your mom and can only imagine how hurtful and stressful that is. I do hope you can get a break here and there before it makes you totally lose your mind. I am so excited you, Terri and Carole will be able to meet up soon. :)

Carole, the kitchen and unpacking will be there and you have all the time in the world to unpack and get it organized. IMHO, I think exercising would be a great idea. I know I feel so much better when I do, maybe just the endorphin release but it really does help my pysche and I feel better that I did something for myself. So glad you were able to sleep last night too! That had to be a relief. I was wondering, do you still have your gallbladder? I have heard some people with similar issues and it was also gallbladder related. Just a thought as I am obviously nowhere near a medical professional. :)

CTwin, I am soooo proud of you! You really are an amazing and strong woman and I love your wit! You really help motivate me to get off my duppa and get more exercise in!!! Your baby is really growing up! Don't blink or he will be off to college like my "baby". I am struggling a bit with my upcoming move too. I am excited about it but feel bad "leaving my kids". It's only an hour flight but Audrey likes to make comments (her passive aggressive side) that I am "leaving her". :( It will all work out just stressful in the meanwhile.

CMom, how are you doing? How was your weekend? Were you able to dote over hubby for Father's Day? :) That's so sweet about your SIL missing his MIL. It's cuz EVERYONE loves you!!! Good to know you are not too far from Ft. Meyers, btw... hmmmm. Pool party and Ange and Evans!!!

Dee, we are still waiting for pics of the new sundress - hee, hee. :) How's it going w/ school out and the kids home?

Nicole, nice that you get to be off for your birthday this week!!! Churros and beer for everyone! JK. Enjoy your special day!! Also, enjoy this last week off!!! Hope yesterday was fun w/ your parents.

Terri, yay for being down another pound and yay for being able to stay focused and motivated. :) Any trips coming up? I cannot wait to see the new quilt you are working on.

Have a great day, Ladies!!!

All I can say is, I have great twins!!!! They both so smart and funny. I love them both so much!

They pretty much addressed everyone with what I would have said, so ditto what they said.

I don't know if this is possible, but I think Dawn's stepmom and mine are the same person. Either that or they're related like my cgirls and I.

Yes, unpacking and organizing will wait. Exercise as easy as walking can help reduce stress.

Carole, Right now, your trip to Drs is on my number 1 prayer list, along with Maddy, she's seeing a new GI Dr today, which she needs a great Dr. Her best GI Dr is in Ohio. So prayers for great Drs for two of my favorite ppl.

Terri and Dawn, congrats to you both on getting the scale going in the right direction. I knew you could do it.

Yes, Michelle is a great motivator!

Nicole, I keep meaning to tell you, I love your post on Pinterest. You too, have a sense of humor like the rest of this family.

Enjoy your last week off. I can't believe we waited forever for your surgery and now your 4wks post op, what gives.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, no beer and churros, but a small slice of cake would not hurt.

Dee, I hope everything is going as well as to be expected, with a house full of kids, goats, chicks and horses.

I'd like to see that new sundress too. I love sundress and moomoo's, especially when I'm home for the day and the bra comes off.lol

Di, Prayers for a great week for you. Things will get better. Hang in there and know we all love you.

I've been up since 1am, got the house all cleaned and now on the way to grocery store. Quilting later, maybe.

Tomorrow FINALLY having my gray colored, I so excited!!!!

If I forgot someone, forgive me, I gray.

I love you all and wishing you all a great start to the new week.

TTYL

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Carole, I vote for some exercise some place quiet and away from the house, without Jack. Not that I have anything against Jack, but you are showing classic signs of needing me space and time. If you happen to also get in some exercise, great! You will be in the house for a long time, so It will wait. Take a break for yourself. It is what YOU would tell us to do!

Teri, you are correct. This is a major adjustment for both of us, and before Jack retired, I had a separate life. I made and kept my appointments, had a network of friends, and kept in contact and attended lunch dates.

Now, I've only driven my car 1 time since arriving here 5/23. It has been out of the garage only 1 time. Typical, Jack prefers to drive when we go anywhere.

I need to learn a bit more about the roads here on the mountain...which I am in the process of doing. Then I will insist on driving myself to my appointments, as I have always done.

The only constant in life is the process of change.

The last paragraph should be interesting...I can't see any text!