Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Good news all around, with the exception of Dee's sweet furry pet...I also sent condolences. They are just like family...

Terri, so glad for your progress...I'm hoping in the future to be able to have my life ordered enough to get with scheduled exercise and stay with it.

Janet, glad to read you had a good night. I can't imagine the pain from your knee...and hobbling so far. Happy that you are feeling better today!

Me, it was worse than the night before. I tried to just have a couple of plain crackers, and only enough Water to get my pills down. Then I waited 90 minutes before I tried to lay down. No rest for the weary today. I'm beginning to dread going to bed...

OK...I've read conflicting information on the Internet about dairy and reflux. I was under the impression that low fat, or no fat products were acceptable to use with reflux because they were not high in fat.

Other places said no dairy...

What do the other great minds here know about this topic?

Please, I definitely would appreciate any feedback...

Carole, sorry, never have had reflux, so I can't add to the debate. But I did finish a new quilt top today!

Carole, sorry, never have had reflux, so I can't add to the debate. But I did finish a new quilt top today!

I finished my quilt top too. Also got it sandwiched and ready to start quilting, yeah for us...

What are you working on, color, pattern and such?

OK...I've read conflicting information on the Internet about dairy and reflux. I was under the impression that low fat, or no fat products were acceptable to use with reflux because they were not high in fat.

Other places said no dairy...

What do the other great minds here know about this topic?

Please, I definitely would appreciate any feedback...

I never felt reflux, but I had what they call "silent reflux". Gastrointerologist told me"no dairy". Thats when he put me on 2 Prilosec a day. My endoscopy showed erosion to the point of near esophageal cancer. Thats why I'm always telling ppl not to ignore reflux.

Have you had an endoscopy, Carole?

hello girls...thank you all for your concerns for my Lillie Girl....

the kids are taking it better then mom is....

Carole i read about your reflex...my surgen told me no matter what i did if i ever start getting that to get my butt in asap.....please think about calling your dr....

Terrie and Jamet...WOW your both so crafty !!!!

Dawn...Michelle...Nicole...hope your all doing well.....I read bits and pieces...Oh Diane ...thinking of you also.....hope all is well.....

We just got home from a baseball picnic and out of depression I te a few things I knew better....but im good....hugs~ to all......and good news CJ is over the hump !

I finished my quilt top too. Also got it sandwiched and ready to start quilting, yeah for us...

What are you working on, color, pattern and such?

It is a secret. One of our members can't know! I will post pix when done.

Rose, Grass green, turquoise and yellow.

I never felt reflux, but I had what they call "silent reflux". Gastrointerologist told me"no dairy". Thats when he put me on 2 Prilosec a day. My endoscopy showed erosion to the point of near esophageal cancer. Thats why I'm always telling ppl not to ignore reflux.

Have you had an endoscopy, Carole?

I did have an endoscopy done, though it was several years prior to my band. I have been on Nexxium for years. In January my doctor increased my dose to 2 Nexxium a day.

I feel fine really, until I dare to lay down.

I'll be calling the doctor in Asheville on Monday, even if I feel better.

All of this incepreased reflux started to happen the day we first took Sushi into the vet.

I did discover that the flavoring for my Water contained citric acid...so no more of that for me...

Good to know all is well...Diane was out this evening with her daughter, which was good to read.

Dee, how was today? Thank you for your advice re: the doctor.

Terri, looking forward to the pictures! The colors should be beautiful...

Janet...thank you for sharing what you were told. I am clueless as to what I am dealing with here, but I know it is driven by autonomic reactions to stress. Wish I could figure out how to control them.

Dawn, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable weekend...and ride some more miles.

Nicole, hope you are feeling well...and the same to you Michelle. Enjoy your down time!

Sweet dreams all...

Sweet dreams Carole!

Just watched the movie, The Social Network. Weird story and Zuckerman is strange!

Dee, I'm so sorry about your doggie! So sad for you.

My daughter called me last night outraged at her husband who is chatting with another woman on Facebook and late night calling her for hours. Exactly how he got her to run off and marry him. He is such and ass! She confronted him and told him what se would do to him and her if and to cut all ties or else. She told me "that bastard just needs to give me a reason to leave this hell I'm in!"

I told u that they met in fb ad she is 7 years younger ad within 2 months they eloped. I just figured if they were at least happy who cares how I feel. Now I find this out!

And this isn't even the bad news... I've been eating like crazy ever since! I'm literally depressed and saddened, can't barely speak because its such a horrible situation and I'm powerless. ( my eating like crazy is like 1200-1500 cal instead of 850 but I feel just terrible about it! )

How do I stop? I think tomorrow morning I will go running instead of eating to blow off steam. I don't dare tell my husband because he will kill the dude! So there I sit stuffing my face! Mow I'm double sad!

Help?!

I certainly can't "like" that Michelle..

I am so sorry this is happening to your family. I hope either your daughter leaves him or they get serious couples counseling.

I think you have figured out away to handle this, by running.

Try to do something non food to cope.And don't beat yourself up for slipping and sliding through this mess.

This is a huge stress factor. We're all moms here, we can relate.

The sad thing is your daughter may work this out, but it will stay with mom F O R E V E R.

My thoughts and prayers for all of you!

Michelle, I hope and pray that your daughter comes to her senses and leaves the ****** bag.

Are you calling us dogs?

Seriously Michele, my heart goes out to you. Running is definitely better than eating your stress away. Take care of you while all this crap comes down around you. One positive note.... your daughter told you which means you are and always will be her Mom and she knows it!