Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Good morning! No word yet on the interview.

Tim McGraw concert was awesome! The only negative were the hordes of underage, drunken, scantily clad teenagers. I remember going to concerts at that age and drinking some before the concerts....but I don't remember dressing like a hoochie or being so wasted I was disrespectful to those around me. Ah well, I still had fun!

And hooray for Sushi!!!

Teri, so sorry about your fitbit saga. My bday is next week and I actually asked Mike for the basic one. Lets see if he remembers :-)

Nicole...I remember the last Jimmy Buffet concert we attended. Even the adults were wasted. A woman with a young child was drunk, and sitting next to our oldest son. She was overly persistent is wanting Jay to dance with her, even though he introduced his wife who was seated on his other side. It was an adventure in people watching...

Terri...we'll just call your story the "Fitbit Saga". What a series of events...good that you have a back up on hand just in case!

Michelle, our parks in Florida usually have smoothie stands...that was what I survived on the last time I was visiting the Magic Kingdom...

I'm typing invisible again...hate when that happens!

Later...

Carole... it never gets cold enough for down jackets in my part of the state. I have heard that North Face is a good brand.

I'm ok, just feeling my age I guess. I didn't do much of anything, went and sat at Ange's house and waited for Comcast to hook up tv & internet. Paula and kids came with and swam in the pool. I came home exhausted!

I've had a few days of sweating, freezing, sweating, freezing, day & night. Menopause, you gotta love it....not

I think its also causing my band to go tight and loosen, tight & loosen too.

Dawn, Good job on doing well with your food. Sorry about the cramps, when they're done it don't get any easier, sooorrryyy.

I have lost some plants. I waded back there yesterday and the standing Water stinks. I worked fast and hard watering the hanging plants. The mosquitoes are atrocious!

Carole, So happy to hear about Sushi. Glad she's back home with you.

When are they starting your kitchen? Did you decide which granite you're going with.

Terri, I'm not sure if you're coming or going with the Fitbit. I think thats a great challenge you and Frank have going.

Dee,Prayers for CJ, poor guy. Paula took Maddy in pool today and at first Maddy gave the look that said "this ain't the 90º therapy pool" . But after the initial chill, she had a good time.

Michelle, Paula's middle name. Glad you had fun at the amusement park. Best part is what you and Dee described as fitting comfortably in the seats. Made me smile.

I always love the good eats finds you share with us.

Nicole, Glad you had a good time at the concert. I like sitting in crowded places, ppl watching.lol You wonder 1. do they own a mirror 2. do they really think thats flattering 3. Really!!!

I know thats judgemental, but like to try and figure out whats in ppl's minds.

Diane, Where are you???? We all think of you often. Hope everything is working out for you.

Janet...liked all in your post except losing some plants, and the insects.

Are the plants replaceable? My sister has a tropical paradise around their pool on the river, but the plants take a huge beating with every wind storm. But the results are so worth it...I hope the damage is not too bad. I still would like to visit your butterfly garden!

It takes 4-6 weeks for the cabinets to be delivered, then we can arrange for installation. I am leaving my options open with the granite, as when you go out to the site to pick your slabs, they have many other colors and interesting patterns to choose from.

Terri...thanks for the North Face info...I do have several windbreakers and fleece by them. It did not occur to me to look for their version of down. You just never see down anything that far south, even though there is a large snow skiing population in Florida.

Dawn...how goes the adjustments at home and work? Are you still getting out and about on your bike? I'm jealous...no time yet to get to the gym regularly. We have to keep close tabs on Sushi right now. BTW...how is your grandmother?

Nicole...how are you feeling? I've not read any complaints, so I will guess that no news is good news

Michelle...are you finished with school for the summer? It would be nice to have a time out from it all...

Dee...how is CJ doing now? I guess he enjoys the freedom of a summer schedule just as do his siblings! BTW, the Harry Potter part of Universal Orlando has a ride that you need to be small enough to fasten the safety bar in order to ride. The first time we went, I did not even try to see if I would fit. The next time, no worries...another NSV I just realized!

DIANE...starting to get worried about you. Please post or text that you and yours are well.

Will be back tomorrow. Big hugs all around...

Thanks Twin for the suggestion on the fit bit. I will look into that. Right now I have nothing and I think it would be a great motivator and method to "keep it real" w/ myself. Brad's company insurance gives him a discount if he walked (I think) 30,000 steps per week. So it saves him several hundred dollars on his insurance to log each week. They gave him some sort of device that he can plug in and it logs his activity. I have gotten back to cooking and preparing my meals Snacks and it's helping me a lot. I also am back to measuring my food. I have a 1.2 cup container (Rubbermaid) that I use to serve my dinner.

Nicole, how are you feeling? So glad the concert was fun even in light of the crazy people. :)

Janet, sounds like a fun day with Ange and Paula. Is Mom going to be handing out at the pool all the time? :) I would be. :) Audrey was hanging out at my dad's pool today. How's Ange feeling these days? I did well w/ food today. I have to take it day by day and today was a good one. It also doesn't help that even though I work for a healthcare company, one of the ladies has a friend that works for Fannie May and brings in boxes of candy all the time. Right now there is coffee cake, candies, candies our VP's brought back from overseas, etc. I am not a big candy person but hard to resist when it's sitting there all day. I did well this week though. :)

Diane, I hope you are ok. Big hug to you, my friend.

Dee, how's the cough w/ cj going? How's it going w/ your scammer computer repair guy? That #%%^ better give you your money back. There is NO reason he doesn't have a tracking number for the part to even prove he ever ordered it. Any part sent UPS, USPS, etc. would have one.

Terri, how are you holding up? I hope you are doing well being back home and doing well w/ the band. Oh, people say the band is "cheating" ... it doesn't make the challenge/struggle go away.

Carole, so glad Sushi is comfortable and happy. :) I am so glad she is not suffering and is able to enjoy more days w/ her loving family. How's the unpacking coming along?

Janet, do you ever put Cheer or any powder detergent in your standing Water to get rid of the Mosquitos? We used to do that as kids. I don't think it hurts the plants, of course you only need a little. I'd try it if I were you. I hate getting bit!

Dawn, glad you are back on track. Nice you are working the program. I heard from B52 that until you are in the green zone it's just another diet. Even though I hate to admit it, I think he's right. This fill has it going on!

Diane, we all miss you. Hope you are baking or doing something just as therapeutic.

Dee, Nicole, and (ok I'm trying to learn real names but) chez and uhhmmmmmm...( Ok I'm really bad t this). Well you all know I'm thinking of you.

I only get one week off after this session. Then I have two more months then I am done. I have some serious studying for the CPA exam but I think I'll get it. I hope at least.

Heading to bed. Got the gym in the morning!

Quick note, I am OK, we'll sorta. Everything came to a head last weekend and Diane let everyone know how she felt. Now the quilt handset in andI have no idea how we are going to afford this,soI just pray And have faith that God will provide and show me the way. We have hired a sitter for nights and mom starts Day care today. Wish me luck, my daughter and I are taking her this morning! ;-)

Having issues with eating , not good , think I may be getting an ulcer. Go figure!

My grandchildren are her this week, no did not even know my daughter or me yesterday, guess I am Cinderella again! ;-(!

I am trying to take life one day at a time but some days I feel like I am walking on a bed of coals barefooted!

Thank you all for your support, Teri and Carole I still plan to be at our lunch!

Dawn... sounds like you are doing much better with food and with the biking you should see some changes soon.

Doreen, hope CJ get batter fast! Sick children are the pits.

Carole... continued health to Sushi. She is with the people she loves.

Diane... coffee's on me today! Keep your chin up!

Janet... Good luck with the flooding... they also make discs to float in the Water that kill mosquitoes?

Michelle, the name you are searching for is Terri! Yours in Mini right? LOL Good luck on your last term!

Cawa... hope you are still rocking the band! You are our rock star!

Everyone have a good day! Strength and will power to us all!

Funny.... CG reports me to Alex for posting on her stuff, but freely posts on mine? Go figure!

Terri of course how could I have forgotten... Duh!

Terri of course how could I have forgotten... Duh!

One additional omission...:)...

Good Almost Afternoon!

Off to a slow start today, I did not have a good night. My band is too tight, but not always. I am unsure what to do. I hope to gat some additional insights from the new physician in a couple of weeks.

Diane, thanks for checking in. We were concerned for you. God does have a way of providing what we need...try to keep your faith. Please take measures to prevent an ulcer. I understand the factors which contribute, you are good at finding solutions. Use some of that ability to benefit you!

Dee, how is the summer coming along? I remember it was nice to have time off from the daily tight structure from the school schedules. I think your continued visits with your nutritionist is quite helpful for you. Great idea!

Terri...thanks for the encouraging words...always appreciated! Just curious to know, what does Alex say in regards to Virginia's continuing complaints regarding your posts, and her apparent belief that there are "rules"which seemingly do not apply to her? An open forum is just that...

Dawn, excellent read that your focus is returning. I feel the same way...and good for you to be able to look at temptations and choose not to partake! The more you build your strength in this area, the stronger your resolve becomes. Definitely you are on the right track now!

Janet, Nicole, Michelle...have a great afternoon!