Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Hey friends' date=' finally caught up, I must confess in all my running around paying all of mom;s bills, making sure she had everything, i forgot to pay my own damn ATT Bill. I fixed it first thing this morning but so damn frustrating. I have automated every bill I can think of so I no longer have to thing about anything and only deposit my pay check. lol

I had a very productive day, I hired a Geriatric Case Manager, I meet with her Monday morning at 11am, hopefully she can help me cut through all the BS of Medicare, Medicaid and VA. I got my mom's POA and Medical POA done and also a DHEC DNR in the state of SC. So a few things cleared. have a meeting with the Assitedliving memory care facility on Monday afternoon for the day care to start on Tuesday. After meeting with Mom's doctor on Thursday and she laid down the law, I have pushed the boys and they have crumbled. The older brother realizes Mom needs placement, the baby is still clinging onto hope. I just want some normalcy in my life. I realized something this week, I am in a much better place than my brothers, yes it pains me to see mom this way but to me, God forgive me, That is not my Mama. Yes it hurts but we all need to stop thinking of ourselves and realize what is best and safest for mama.

Had drinks with BB tonight and he is a frigging mess, my wedding anniversary is tomorrow, 18 years and I guess we will try and Celebrate today if possible, he can't handle it and needs to go home. I want to say suck it up boys. But being the nice little sissy I am I just take over and make things happen.

Now Dawn, you have taken the first step, realizing what your doing wrong and now you can make a conscious decision to move in the right.direction. I Had plenty of months like yours and it took me months to wrap my head around the issues.I am definitely an emotional eater and being in my situation it has sucked lately but that is where I love my band. Yes it clamps down but good for it I do not need to be eating when I am such a mess.

Mini you are looking so good, proud of your success:

Janet so glad the kids got moved, that must be a big load of you, knowing they have such a beautiful new place for there little family.

Teri, I here you about my space, I wasn't thinking rationally. That was me knee jerking to a bad situation. I just am tired of all the BS and want some normalcy in my life.

Carole, sounds like you have a fickle band, I hope you can get it to calm down. Mine is fickle but I deal with it because I will not have a fill or unfill. Mine is very tight at times when stressed but I just deal and do liquids as I can and than when it is just right I eat what I want and can. That may explain why I am so thin. I hope things get less stressful, hope you and Jack enjoy your new home, sounds so exciting.

You know, I am so glad we are back together, this is just awesome and I really appreciate your support.

My doctor visit went well, he was so happy with me. He calls me his LB poster, he told me I had lost 111% of my excess body fat and he was so pleased with my results. I go back in 6 months. I also spoke with him about skin removal and he said NO. he said he felt that a total body lift was too risky and I needed to let the vanity piece go. I am going to work on my body image, I feel dressed I look good but I hate myself in a bathing suit or in nothing. I feel like a shriveled up old women with droopy boobs and a flabby ass. Sorry I know that is to graphic but that is how I feel, so back to the head doctor for me. ;-)

Again, I can never tell each of you how much you mean to me, thank you for allowing me to whine and be part of such an awesome sisterhood. You all rock and I hope and pray someday we can all meet!

Peace and out, hubby and I are going to do drinks and a movie, I see popcorn in my future with snow caps. Yummy![/quote']

Love , it looks like you are on top of things! Being proactive for your mom must be so good for your peace of mind. I'm proud of you!

OK logged the dang ginger snaps!

I'm sorry! That must have been hard. Well at least you owned it.

What a long day...productive though.

Today I met with my prospective new hair stylist. My former stylist will be a difficult act to follow...she is a master! So, I wanted the new one to see the color and cut before my hair, what is left of it, was too far grown out. She seems to know what she is doing...wish me luck!

My appointment with her is the day before we meet!

Then we went back to the kitchen designer to Iron out a few details. We did not have a few of the measurements she had asked for during our first meeting. We ordered the cabinets today, and am leaving my options for the granite open for now. It will take 4-6 weeks for the cabinets to arrive...and then the fun begins.

Then it was off to the grocery store...still trying to rediscover similar brands to replace ones we are familiar with.

We,are concerned with Sushi, she is not feeling well. She is the oldest, so if she isn't acting herself in the morning we will have to locate a vet tomorrow.

Diane...you have accomplished so much in just a short while!

Happy for you to use your mother's physician as accurate leverage to get your brothers on board with the course of care that your mother now needs. Now, the choices that are made will be part of her treatment plan, and out of your responsibility.

Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy your celebration...

And you're correct...this is a safe haven to both listen and be heard...

Terri, so good to read that the storm was not worse than it was for you. And that your band was not adversely affected by your French fry incident!

Janet...now life can settle into a more normal routine. When will Ange go back to her physician? Does she know that we are all following her progress?

Keep us updated on the progress with her house...

Dawn, how are you feeling? Getting back on track? I'm still struggling with a band which is too tight. It was never this way before...

I purchased some low fat cottage cheese today. Perhaps it will help a bit with after dinner reflux. It is not on the approved foods list for my FL doctor, but I am getting desperate.

To the California girls...CaWanna and Mini...hope all is well, and that you are not in harms way with the fires.

Brent called last evening to report that both boats were fine on their lifts. They had an extra high high tide, so he had to wait until early evening to get back onto the island he lives on. Also, during the afternoon they had closed the Skyway bridge across Tampa Bay due to the weather.

He said his staff asked if they could go home early because of the storm, but he said no...there were patients scheduled, and he could not get home, so they all stayed.

The master bedroom and bath on the main level is just about all put together. We even have lamps! I hate overhead lighting at home, so this is a huge sign of progress.

Going to sign off now...Sweet dreams. I hope we all have a great weekend...

Terri, I waded out into my garden in knee high Water this am and tried saving some plants that were down in the water. That was scary, kept telling myself "no snakes, no snakes".

This is the reason I keep all my plants in pots, its been known to flood back there. Most on high ground , but a few went underwater.

I had two heavy wooden chairs, with huge plants on them and some how they got turned over. A large branch fell, but luckily missed any plants.

Carole, sounds like you're making great progress, not only in the house, but finding your way around the community too.

I sure hope Sushi is feeling better tomorrow, but lining up a vet is a good idea too.

Tomorrow going shopping with Ange to find window coverings. Evan has left that up to her, while he's in charge of hanging what pictures where.

I think Angela's next Dr appt is in 2wks, She see's 2 different drs, her regular ob and a high risk ob. We just went to reg. ob, so next appt is with the high risk dr. Glad they're keeping a good eye on her.

Diane,I too am glad the Drs can now be "the bad guys" and helping you decide what the best coarse of action is.

I also understand what you're saying about the woman your mom has become, is not your mom and you do have to do what is best for her, not what makes everyone else feel good. It is about moms safety.

I've had these talks with my kids. If I ever get like that, put me in a home and don't look back. Its always the ppl left behind that gets hurt.

Happy Anniversary to you and your hub! What movie are you seeing?

The last movie my hub went to see with me was Wild Hogs (b/c they rode Harleys), before that it was Ghost Busters.lol I think he can't sit through a movie b/c his hand can't stand not having a remote in it.lol

I hope you have a nice weekend. Prayers for everything to come together quickly and mom in somewhere safe. ((((hugs))))

I'm glad everyone is happy being here. I needed you all just as much.

It is nice reading about what everyone is going through and how you handle it. Makes you feel like you're not the only one and someone does understand.

I've come to the conclussion that we all have struggles with our LBS, but having each other, we can get through it.

I too, am happy we have each other. To think I was afraid when I started this group, no one would want to join. Just goes to show, face your fears.

Love you all!

Good early morning(for me at least)...

Sushi is not any better, though thankfully no morse. Jack will still be taking her into the vet. One is open in Linville...hew will be mleaving shortly. I'm vert concerned for her. She is my baby...it was love at first sight, literally.

I hope there is nothing too serious going on. She was acting normal yesterday until the evening...

Hope you all will enjoy your day!

Janet...certainly hope you were able to rescue your plants from the Water. You all must have had some major rain!

Brent usually looses access to the island he lives on, as the access road floods. This was only the second time in the 4 years he has lived there that his dock went underwater. A neighbor rescued his kayak before it floated away. He knows now to leave it tied up even if it is not in the Water.< /p>

I would enjoy seeing some pictures of you piece of paradise...your cover picture on FB is beautiful, but close ups would be nice, too!

So happy able to reach our thread from my phone. I had to click the link in the message Janet sent me so my phone new I belonged. ;/)

Well date nite was a fiasco, I guess all the stress of the week, too much alcohol, hubby not being totally honest with me sooo it did not go well. All my calories yesterday were alcohol related, very thirsty today, already drank 3 bottle of Water and yes Teri I logged every little drink!

Lots to do today, brother going home, daughter coming next week and prepping for Mom next week.

BBL have a great Saturday!

Good early morning(for me at least)...

Sushi is not any better' date=' though thankfully no morse. Jack will still be taking her into the vet. One is open in Linville...hew will be mleaving shortly. I'm vert concerned for her. She is my baby...it was love at first sight, literally.

I hope there is nothing too serious going on. She was acting normal yesterday until the evening...

Hope you all will enjoy your day![/quote']

Poor baby! I hope everything is ok!

I hope Sushi is ok Carole. Diane, so sorry date night didn't go so well. I really hope the living arrangements get resolved fairly soon (with insurance, etc.) so you can get some relief. I can't even imagine. Sorry, I still cannot hit "return" on my posts here so my posts are run-ons but you get the idea of what I'm saying. Today I am going to ride my bike. I am also going to a bag party w/ my friend (not wanting to but she wants me to go with). After that, I need to get food prepared and cooked. I notice part of my issue too is I have become lazy with preparing food so I have yummy/healthy food accessible so I have been eating out. Financially and physically that needs to stop. Audrey is working all day today and tomorrow so I have nothing better to do later today and tomorrow than get food prepared and have stuff ready to go for easy meals. I need to bring my lunch every day too. Since I switched buildings w/ my new job (a couple miles away) I no longer have the convenience of the inexpensive cafeteria at work that always made healthy meals so I have been eating crap food at lunch by going out. It's gonna friggin stop! Everyone have a great day. Janet, any word on your daughter's friend that was hospitalized? ♥ to all of you! P.S. I agree, love coming to a drama-free zone, thanks again Janet for bringing us back together.