Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Mini...our right on in all you said......and I can really see a figure in your pics !!!

Janet...I got tears reading you had a cancer scare....God sure has blessed us with some wonderful friends....

Carole...I have said it befor and will say it again I love how you put things into prespective and into words.....Jacks a lucky man ....

Terri thank you sweetie for the B D card......

Diane...hugs how are you doing with your full plate....hope your having a easy day....know im thinking of you...

Cawanna....thinking of you and hoping your interview went well......come tell us all about it......were waiting !!!

Hello all.... internet down at the coast, I am at McDonald's for free wifi. I ate three of Franc's fries and now I have a stuck. Guess that will slow me down for while. Storm is supposed to be here at 2:00 pm tomorrow. Looks like it should not be too bad. Janet... glad the move went well. Yes, I can tell it's a novel even 4 parts! LOL

Dawn, Hang in there, I think a lot of us are struggling right now. This maintenance stuff is hard!

Cawa, Mini, Carole, Dee Diane.... thinking of you all!

Dee, thank you for the encouraging words...and the eating tips as well...

How are you doing? The kids are out of school for the summer now?

Jack and I have so much space here we have to go looking for each other several times a day. He usually finds his way to the main level around lunch and dinner time. :)

Dawn,

Your ability to be honest with yourself is the foundation for your continued success. It takes a great deal of courage, and I admire your candor and honesty.

You are engaging in avoidant behavior...I do that also. I recognize it for what it is, and like you understand that it does nothing to resolve the issue we ultimately need to face.

I also know I have put on a few pounds through the last several months...with surgery recoveries, the retirement celebrations, the move, and the stress it has all generated. I wish I could find my scale. It would really help me get my act back together. I have an appointment towards the end of the month with a new doctor, and I am cringing, but I will be there.

The pain you are experiencing may be connected with reflux. I would definitely get in touch with my doctor, and get their qualified opinion. Reflux is nothing to ignore.

We're in similar situations...I'm feeling challenged, have little help from a finicky band which becomes way too tight unpredictably, and very fill in it.

I've made a concerted effort to return to my roots, use Water to manage hunger, and staying with lean Protein, healthy low carb Fiber foods. I have no idea if it will help, but it won't hurt me.

We're in this together. Remember that past success is the greatest predictor of future success. You have already proven you can be successful with weight loss, so you know what you can do when you are motivated.

Get in to see your doctor. They need to rule out some possibly serious complications.

Keep us posted, and take a day at a time!

See why I love this lady!!! She's smart, she sweet and she's our friend. How lucky are we!

Terri...Hope your stuck episode passes quickly!

Wifi spots are nice when you are "roughing it"!

We are using wifi calling on our cell phones. In the house we use the Internet for phone calls. When we are off of the mountain, we get a regular cell signal. The best part is that the phone knows what system it needs to be on wherever it is.

We did not know about that capability until Seth told us how it works. Another indication that Jack and I have been left behind!

Janet...

It takes being a sweet and smart lady who is a friend to recognize another...j/s!

When I saw the "novel" above, I thought you were responding to Dawn.

I love that we are friends...and I am making it a priority to visit again if you can work me into your schedule in November. August plans are up in the air still..Jack and I will have numerous medical appointments to keep by then.

I miss you...and so thankful that you made it possible for us to stay together!

Love and miss you...

Battery notice came on...only 5% left.

Sweet dreams...I appreciate and am thankful for each of you every day. And that's no exaggeration!

Thank you ladies for your voices of reason, compassion, and insight. I do agree that aside from my behavior, I need to get back to the surgeon and stop living in avoidance. That's what got me to 285 lbs. to begin with! Twin, pathetic but funny in a pathetic sort of way.... I had a churro today (from Costco's café). :( That's how pathetic it's become. I figured calling myself out on it was my wake up call. If you live in denial and false pretenses, it's easy to continue to spiral out of control. I just bought a really nice bike and this weekend plan to get my ass on it too!!!! I like bike riding and couldn't do it w/ my 285 lb belly but can now so no reason I don't.

Good evening ladies. Interview went well, now we wait and see. One of the people interviewing me (there were 3) I used to work with briefly about 7 years ago...she is the person who made me want to go back to school and finish my degree. I never got to tell her the impact she had on my life, so today after the interview I got my chance...I got a little teary eyed. It was a good moment. :-)

Dawn, thanks so much for sharing your troubles with us. You are a wonderful woman and I know you will get back on track...you've been a busy lady lately, so don't be too hard on yourself! AND GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Michelle, $425 for a fill! Holy heck! And what was the name of the guy who does your fills? Meant to go back to thread and write his name down, but I wasn't quick enough.

Carole, can I just say, you are living my dream...designing your own kitchen. So freaking awesome!! I hope you find your scale soon and that your band stops being so finicky.

Dee, loving the new pic. You look marvelous!

Diane, sending you lots of love. Don't know how you deal with everything on your plate...you are a saint.

Terri, McDonalds French fry...yummo! Sorry you got stuck on it...wash it down with a chocolate milkshake? LOL. But seriously, hope you feel better.

Janet, thanks again for starting a new group. I'd be lost without you ladies. And congrats to Angela & Evan on the move.

Thank you ladies for your voices of reason' date=' compassion, and insight. I do agree that aside from my behavior, I need to get back to the surgeon and stop living in avoidance. That's what got me to 285 lbs. to begin with! Twin, pathetic but funny in a pathetic sort of way.... I had a churro today (from Costco's café). :( That's how pathetic it's become. I figured calling myself out on it was my wake up call. If you live in denial and false pretenses, it's easy to continue to spiral out of control. I just bought a really nice bike and this weekend plan to get my ass on it too!!!! I like bike riding and couldn't do it w/ my 285 lb belly but can now so no reason I don't.[/quote']

Noooooooo.....no the ....chuuurrrrrrooooooo!

Good evening ladies. Interview went well' date=' now we wait and see. One of the people interviewing me (there were 3) I used to work with briefly about 7 years ago...she is the person who made me want to go back to school and finish my degree. I never got to tell her the impact she had on my life, so today after the interview I got my chance...I got a little teary eyed. It was a good moment. :-)

Dawn, thanks so much for sharing your troubles with us. You are a wonderful woman and I know you will get back on track...you've been a busy lady lately, so don't be too hard on yourself! AND GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Michelle, 425 for a fill! Holy heck! And what was the name of the guy who does your fills? Meant to go back to thread and write his name down, but I wasn't quick enough.

Carole, can I just say, you are living my dream...designing your own kitchen. So freaking awesome!! I hope you find your scale soon and that your band stops being so finicky.

Dee, loving the new pic. You look marvelous!

Diane, sending you lots of love. Don't know how you deal with everything on your plate...you are a saint.

Terri, McDonalds French fry...yummo! Sorry you got stuck on it...wash it down with a chocolate milkshake? LOL. But seriously, hope you feel better.

Janet, thanks again for starting a new group. I'd be lost without you ladies. And congrats to Angela & Evan on the move.

[/quote']

Nicole, I see Jerry. Write all your questions down before your appt. he'll stay there and answer all of them. He's super nice.

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Friday!

Sending out good thoughts and prayers for all of you, but particularly Nicole's job interview.

Carole, Maybe you aren't suppose to find that scale???? You don't need that extra pressure. You might be surprised when you go to the Dr. You are doing a lot of stair climbing these days.

Be sure that I will make time in November for a visit. I knew that your visit in August would be a short time and so much to do, so that is no problem.

Mini, Its so nice that Nicole can get great advice from you, regarding your shared Drs office. How is your friend that was banded the same day as Nicole doing?

Dawn, We need to make some kinda pact about riding our new bikes. Maybe our great motivator, Mini, can come up with a challenge for us? I got a new bike a few months ago, but haven't done much with it. I do feel my knees are getting stronger, so there's no excuse..

I bet that churro didn't taste as good as you thought it would.... I bet you thought of us the whole time....bakery items are my biggest tempters. I just thought, the grocery store chain I shop at , always puts their bakery right as you walk in the door. You have to walk threw it, to get to the produce section.Hmmm, sneaky buttheads, like putting candy at checkout, which now they put little bags of chips and Cookies there too. Anything to boost sales..

Dee, is today the last day of school? What are the kids summer plans? Any baseball camps or is it all about goat rodeos, horse chancing and chick raising? How are the chicks doin? Anyway, I'm sure the boys will keep you busy...

Diane said that she couldn't get on here, with her iphone. I still can catch her once in awhile on FB. But my thoughts and prayers still with her. I really hope a plan can be made for her mom and it gives Di sometime for herself.