Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

I hope Sushi is ok Carole. Diane' date=' so sorry date night didn't go so well. I really hope the living arrangements get resolved fairly soon (with insurance, etc.) so you can get some relief. I can't even imagine. Sorry, I still cannot hit "return" on my posts here so my posts are run-ons but you get the idea of what I'm saying. Today I am going to ride my bike. I am also going to a bag party w/ my friend (not wanting to but she wants me to go with). After that, I need to get food prepared and cooked. I notice part of my issue too is I have become lazy with preparing food so I have yummy/healthy food accessible so I have been eating out. Financially and physically that needs to stop. Audrey is working all day today and tomorrow so I have nothing better to do later today and tomorrow than get food prepared and have stuff ready to go for easy meals. I need to bring my lunch every day too. Since I switched buildings w/ my new job (a couple miles away) I no longer have the convenience of the inexpensive cafeteria at work that always made healthy meals so I have been eating crap food at lunch by going out. It's gonna friggin stop! Everyone have a great day. Janet, any word on your daughter's friend that was hospitalized? ♥ to all of you! P.S. I agree, love coming to a drama-free zone, thanks again Janet for bringing us back together.[/quote']

Hey there! I also have a prob when I'm not prepared. I buy chicken already cooked and in strips from trader joes. Very low sodium. I also by Lloyd's BBQ pork in the individual servings. There's a coupon for $1 at coupons.com right now making a 2 pack only $1.50. I also buy single servings cream cheese from weight watchers. And then I have frozen organic spinach ( brand that is re sealable packages) always on hand.....and fresh salsa on hand......are you following me?

So I take spinach and heat it in the microwave for 1 min. Then I add chicken and cream cheese and nuke for one more minute. Then I stir it all together and salt to taste. I add salsa when I want to be spicy. If not I just enjoy the creaminess of it all...NO COOKING, LITTLE PREP AND I LOVE IT. You can add Protein Powder if you need to.

Quick easy and no thinking required. So when I don't want to cook or I'm in a hurry this is what I do. Usually I keep this in the fridge at work too. At home I always have mushrooms and egg whites cooked. I hate cooking for myself for every meal so this is what does it for me. I just layer egg whites mushrooms dollop of Greek yogurt and Tabasco.

What are you prepping ahead of time?

Our sweet Sushi is experiencing congestive heart failure :(. We have had her put on the appropriate medication to manage her condition...even so, so sad. She is really my baby...

We will have to find a local vet to be her regular vet...

She is acting lethargic, and like a parent with a child, it just makes Jack and I very sad. We did ask if the move to a higher altitude had a role in her condition. The vet said no, she is just an older dog...

He assured us that she is not in pain or suffering.

One day at a time.

Carole, hope Sushi improves on meds.

Our sweet Sushi is experiencing congestive heart failure :(. We have had her put on the appropriate medication to manage her condition...even so' date=' so sad. She is really my baby...

We will have to find a local vet to be her regular vet...

She is acting lethargic, and like a parent with a child, it just makes Jack and I very sad. We did ask if the move to a higher altitude had a role in her condition. The vet said no, she is just an older dog...

He assured us that she is not in pain or suffering.

One day at a time.[/quote']

Awe so sad!

Carole, I'm so sorry about Sushi. Hopefully the meds will help.

Off to my Mom's to float in the pool. It's gonna be 105 today!! (Hoping my incisions are healed. I think they are, but gonna have mommy double check first. LOL)

Carole' date=' I'm so sorry about Sushi. Hopefully the meds will help.

Off to my Mom's to float in the pool. It's gonna be 105 today!! (Hoping my incisions are healed. I think they are, but gonna have mommy double check first. LOL)[/quote']

It is so hot today. Tomorrow only 86. Now 103.

I have a grad BBQ in 20 min and another at 5pm or I could flake and stay on my back yard

Carole, I'm so sorry to hear about Sushi. Thats whats so hard about having pets. We love them so much, but they age so much faster than us. After every heartbreak, I say I'm not doing that again and the next thing you know, I am.

I'm sure she has had an excellent life with you & Jack. I hope and pray the medication will give you more time together.

Dawn, The Drs had to cool down our friends body b/c her heart rate was so weak. This afternoon they began to warm her body and reduce her sedation and she has shown some favorable responses.

She has so many ppl praying for her, I can't imagine anything but a complete healing.

To those who haven't seen my post on FB. A friend who is only in her mid thirties, with 4 small children ages 8 to 1, has had a massive heart attack. She seem to be in excellent health, a runner and thin.

Doesn't make sense, just like another friends grandson dying at 18mths. They still don't know why he died.

Also Dawn, Have you clicked on the light switch thingy on the top left, next to eraser, font & size, to be able to space paragraphs.

One way you can space, the other way you can download images, but you can't do both.

Between shopping for things for Ange's house all morning and emptying boxes all afternoon, I am totally exhausted and sore.

Plans for tomorrow, are absolutely nothing...

hugs morning Girls...

WOW what a fun filled day we had yesterday !!!

Charlie and I took all the boys and a xtra one to a amusment park ....

Where my hubby works they treat all emplyess and their familys to a day at the friendlyess amusment park..so we had a free dinner..then kids got to ride rides all day....swim...use the slides and eat all day for free !!!

Cj loved the music they had through out the park....I forgot my fitbit yesterday but its ok I walked all day ...but I did eat lots I shouldnt of...but it was one day and Im back on track today !!!

Carole Im so very sorry to read about your shushi...what a cute name ...how old is Sushie....I said a prayer as soon as I read.....

Dawn sounds like you got your head back in the game !!! proud of you !!!

Mini your lil prep meal with the cream cheese and chic/spinach sounds sooooo yummy I may mke that also...thank you !

Cawanna floating in a pool...now thats what i wanna do today...but aint happening here.....its cold !

Janet what did you say your plans for today were...oh yea..NOTHING well I just bet you find something to do.....im tip toeing between sleeping boys still....lol

Terri every time I see your new pic i smile...your really looking healthy...WTG

Janet I was reading some on Paulas FB this morning about your friend...omgoodness how sad and scarie for this family Im sending prayers their way also....Please God watch over all my friends and their friends...keep Caroles sushie in your hands and Janets friend and her family in your healing hands today

Good morning ladies... internet service is back up at the boat so I can use a real computer! Sounds like busy weekends for all.

Janet... rest

Dee... glad you family had such a fun day!

Cawa... keep floating

Carole... prayers for Sushi and looking forward to the 26th!

Diane... are things calming down for you... likewise can't wait to meet in person!

Mini... you are looking great, keep up the good work!

Dawn... maintaining focus is hard... I have been struggling with mine too. When I am not at home, I tend to lose focus easy.

Everybody have a good Sunday and a great new week!