Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

Sherri--

It's funny how one little thought buries itself in and then we go plan our funerals!!! I have done the same in the past!!!! I am medical so I think the worst and must fight that!!!!! Satan is so smooth and insidious.....like cancer...just a little seed of doubt and he wins!!!!! Keep loving and praising Jesus and thanking HIM that HE is in control and loves you more than anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -52lbs :)

If you believe God can bring you through it then stand on that word. It will happen, you are not sick, you dont have cancer and you will be just fine in Jesus' name.Amen.!!!!

Thank you all for all of your prayers and uplifting words. I need to be positive right now and you guys have helped. I know that our Heavenly Father is in total control and worry brings you nothing good. I wiill be praying for everyone on here and don't you guys forget me on the 10th. I will be needing your prayers.

Love you all

Sherri

Thank God for the gift of prayer!

I need prayer to turn over a new leaf. I've allowed myself small bends in the rules that grow bigger each day.

Consequences of not following doc's rules sound ominous. I thought the band was a sure-fire way to control cravings. Now I'm beginning to learn that the gift of being banded is to be nurtured and appreciated--the pounds lost will be hard fought. Being a slow or fast loser is not an indication of being successful--learning a new way of dealing with food is.

I'll be praying for you all.

Amen to that my sister you said a mouth full. I thought after losing so much weight it would just stay easy and if I wanted I could lose more. :speechles Well the reality of it all is the band will restict you from eating too much (if its tight) :) but it won't tell you what to put inside your body nor will it take away the cravings for the wrong types of food. :think This has been a journey and I'm still learning. I do know you I couldn't have made it without God and much prayer. I encourage all to pray and take one day at a time. If you blow it today there is always tomorrow. Start over fresh leaving the past behind and move forward knowing

"You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you" . :clap2:

Amen. I love that we are all being lifted in prayer and strengthened by God and our faith in Jesus Christ. We will learn to see ourselves as He sees us, and treat ourselves as He would treat us. We will learn to deal with food. May God bless all of us.

Shari Lou, I am so glad that you understand that our Heavenly Father sees you as a wonderful person full of potential. We all go through hard things in this life. Things we must battle, to climb, to rise above. We truly do have to give it all to him. And understand that he is full of compassion, mercy, and forgiveness, we just have to turn everything over to him, and do our best to do what we know is right. So many of us use food. It is so frustrating. Even with this band, we can compulsively eat. We have to be aware of our abuse of food, and ask God everyday to help us say NO! Hang in there, you will make it to the other side. Just have faith that He is really there, really aware if your pain and weaknesses.

I really believe we have angels cheering us on. Don't ever give up. Just reach inside yourself, and then reach out and help other people. That is the big key!!

It is very uplifting to read this thread! I am 11 days post op, and I feel very blessed to have all of you to learn from. I thank God every day for allowing me the opportunity to improve my health.

I would like to lift up each one of you in prayer as we each struggle with hunger (literally and figuratively), self-image, and self-love. God is powerful; He can fix anything that is broken in anyone!

Love,

This is so true and I pray you have a speedy and safe recovery. It wont be that bad (the hunger) once you get off liquids, you wont remember this time, smile.

Just an update. I have been on the prayer thread for quite sometime. My prayer was answered and my husband and I sold our commercial property which was up for sale for a year. We are in escrow and it should close in early September. Thank you ALL who had us in your prayers. I do believe prayers are answered and I really appreciate them.

Please keep my Parents in your prayers. Some of you may have read in the past about my father. He is back in the hospital. we are not sure what is going on now. His BP is running very low! 42/38 when he was taken in, it is on the rise today 90/45. My mother is suffering from arthritis and in a lot of pain. It gets really bad with stress. My father is a quadriplegic and has been for the past 42 years. He has lived longer than all his Dr ever expected him to. He is a very powerful man. He Loves life and his family. I thank GOD daily to have him in my life. My mom is a Amazing women! at 24 years old she had 4 children under 6 and a husband paralyzed for life. She opened her own childcare center and has had more than 4000 children attend our center. Now retired and sold the center.( thats why I don't have a job right now!) They have done many young family counseling for families stuck with spinal cord injuries. Just a little info on two amazing people!

You have been blessed by two very special parents, chevygirl. Your family is in my prayers, and I'm sure they will be in many other's prayers. They have blessed so many, and have been blessed, and God will be merciful to you.

I'm sure they have passed their wonderful gifts to you, too.

Hugs, Cindy

Thank you for prayers and thoughts. My dad should be coming home today. It was due to our heat, and kidney failure. He retained so much fluids and it put pressure on the heart lower his BP. Thats what we are told at least! This past year for my parents has been very hard. With many trips to the ICU unit. Each time we place him in GODS hands! His time is not done! God has a special plan for him. AMEN!