Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

God's blessing on all the children who are suffering with these difficult diseases. God's wisdom to their doctors and medical staff. May God guide their families to bring the best support and love they know to bring, and may their friends bring the rest.

I will definitely pray for Isaiah & his family. I can't remember is aml the curable kind? As I posted above, a precious little girl is coming back to school with my son after a year long battle with leukemia. She has the curable kind. Their class is in the basement and there are able to take the elevator to help her from using her strength on the steps. They know she will not be able to attend all year, but the docs approved it for now. Bless her heart, she took her wig off first thing today and showed all the kids. I had tears. It's hard to understand why a child goes through such suffering. Someday I guess we will all understand the trials we face.

I'm going to post a pic of my son with his teacher. Today was his first day back and this little girl calls my son her best friend so she wanted in the pic too. Please remember her in all your prayers as well.

It is curable but because he was diagnosed so late the doctors told his dad that he had probably a 60% chance of survival if he can get a bone marrow transplant. The chances drop to 40% if a donor can't be found.

Right now they are not even sure he will survive even if a donor is found.

It's a terrible and often fatal desease. The tests and treatments are painful and horrible. It requires regular bone marrow biopsies and spinal taps not to mention killing all of your own marrow so it can be replaced with healthy marrow.

I can't believe I didn't know about this thread.

I haven't been able to read all of the posts, but my prayers are for all on here and especially the little ones. God bless them and the lives they touch.

I wanted to request prayers for my eating during PMS times..what a minor thing. There is so much more needed.

God Bless

:D Thanks in advance for the Prayes. I was banded 6-13-06 have only lost 22-24 lbs. ....

Slimwithin--

22-24 lbs. is not too shabby for 2.5 months out. I too thought the band was my magic cure. Turned out it was an answer to my constant prayer--Lord please "help" me lose this weight.

The band has "helped" YOU lose over 20 pounds. I believe God is teaching us many things through this band. I am praying you will feel strong in the fight against obesity. Be patient, but fight fight fight--God rarely makes the changes for us. He provides life lessons to guide us. Don't despair!

I praise God today for the peace He has given me over my own unique journey to lose weight. It can be pretty scarey out there!

I thank God today that two American journalists were released by their captors in Gaza, and they are safe! Praise God!

I praise God for the opportunities He has been giving me to minister to others. I ask for the willingness to follow where He leads.

Ok, I need prayers for my daughter again. I asked everyone to keep her in your prayers last fall and I am back again. As many know, and some may not last fall my daughter was diagnosed with seizures and they are not sure what is causing them. She sees an entire medical team, neuro, peds, psych, counslor, the school psycologist, you name it we see them. Well tomorrow I need extra prayers, they are doing a complete psych evaluation with cognative functions and some other test that will help us understand her learning disorder. She suffers from anxeity, depression and now the seizure meds are causing her to gain weight, we are working on that on thursday. But tomorrow we are going to UIC, (that is where I had my weightloss surgery) they will be testing for aspergers syndrome, and other learning challenges. For right now she is in a regular classroom, but these test could change all of that. These test will show us her ability to take in information and they will be able to test how she processes that information. Hopefully they will be able to help us teach her in a way that she can learn and actually retain and understand what we are trying to teach. My family needs your prayers, the doctors that are working on all of these children need your prayers, please remember my Abigale tomorrow and the doctors in the comming weeks as that is when the information will be reviewed. I will post and let everyone know how it goes. (((hugs))) ~Mandy

Mandy ~ We will definitely pray for Abigail and for you. I'm sure this is difficult on the entire family. Stay strong my friend.

My surgery is scheduled for TOMORROW, if you all could remember me and my surgeon in prayer I would really appreciate it. I know this is the right thing to do, but still a little nervous

My surgery is in 2 weeks please keep me in your prayers....also in doing all of my pre testing they found a spot on my lung and one in my esophagus and I had many people pray for me and also had them come to my house and give me a blessing. The doctors told me 3 different one said that whatever it was in my lung does not get better it get worse WELL guess what ITS GONE!!!!! The spot in my esophagus the pathogy test came back nothing! THE POWER OR PRAYER! OH and lets not forget I haveglaucoma and the other day my son and I was in the office and I was getting my eyes checked ~she told me...I have never ever seen ANYONE 's glaucoma get better it gets worse BUT your is getting better! I know its the power of prayer!WOOHOO

My surgery is coming up on the 20th and I need prayer. I am getting nervous and somewhat fearful. I fear that something will go wrong, I fear I won't finish school due to a complication or that it won't work and I will be out thousands of dollars. I was so excited and now all of a sudden fear and doubt are taking over. Please just keep me and my surgery in prayer.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your prayers for Isaiah and his lukemia. I got an update from his dad yesterday and it is mostly good news.

There is only one bit of bad news actually and that is that his entire family has been tested and no one was a match for donating bone marrow (the recommended treatment is a bone marrow transplant).

The good news is that after two weeks, Isaiah's blood shows now sign of the leukemia and doctors are very encouraged about the way he is responding to chemo so far.

Last week he was being fed intravenously because of an infection in his small intentine and he was also showing signs of developing pneumonia but, while these conditions have not dissappeared completely, Isaiah is now eating a band diet and his treatment is continuing.

Please continue to keep Isaiah, his dad Ryan, sister Maddy, and mother Belinda (currently homeless and mentally ill but at the hospital daily) in your prayers.

Thank you all very much!

Good news in the right direction Linda. Will continue to pray. Does he have to get those 20 shots in the leg? My son's classmate has been through that many times. It's a journey, that is for sure.

nochoice, Donna, & Sarah ~ Will also pray for all of you. It's normal to feel scared. You will be so glad though to be on the other side. It is soooo worth it. I wish you all the very best and will lift all of you in prayer.

Mandy, I only read this today, so will pray now for the best for Abigale and your family. You are a great mom, and your dedication to her will carry through it, no matter what it is. God will give you all you need to be to her what she needs.

To those facing surgery...I will pray for your swift recovery, and more importantly, that you will face the challenges to come with wisdom and patience, and respect for yourself. Good luck to all of you!

Thank you for the news on Isaiah...all in all, great progress.