Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

Leila--

I will be praying for your needs Leila. Anyone who is genuinely seeking Divine intervention is welcome here. Much love to you and your family.

Hello again, just wanted everyone to know that I say a little prayer for all my LapBand Family almost every day. Have told other people about this thread and that there is need for prayer. My paperwork was submitted into the insurance yesterday, 9/18 and you all know how insurance can be, so my request is for prayer in this matter. I am praying that all goes well, and I get approved on the first attempt. I also need prayer in general for my family, give them strength to stand by me during my weight loss journey. Also I ask for prayer for the doctors and medical team that will be performing this surgery. Give them the knowledge and patience that will be needed for surgery. I will say a prayer for all. Thank you again. Love this thread. God Bless!:phanvan

Hi Suzanne ~ Will be sure to pray for insurance and a positive outcome. Insurance can be a wild ride, that's for sure. My wife had LB surgery on May 26th. We now have a different insurance company, BC/BS, and it doesn't look good for me at this point. Thanks to LBT, we have loads of info to fight the insurance companies. Hang in there and remember the Lord's timing is perfect. God Bless.

I am so thankful to God for guiding me to this thread. I am so inspired by all of you and will lift you up in prayer daily. I have my surgery on Monday 10/2/06. I ask that you remember me in prayer for calm and strength. The anxiety and anticipation of this day is exhausting.

God is Good!!!!!!!!

Shellybeans-good luck on Monday, I will definately say a prayer for you. I am so jelous that you are starting your journey...WOW, I can't wait until I get to start mine. Still waiting to hear from my insurance. Boy, they take long. Good luck on Monday. Good luck and God Bless. Keep us informed of your experience with hospital and recovery. Pre-banders like me are very interested in this information about the diffeent experiences that people go thru. I know you'll do fine. Remember you are in God's-Wonderful Hands!!!!!:confused:

Good Luck shellybeans you will be fine. Sueol you are already on your journey and doing great.

Love you guys.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers. I was told today by me doctors office that I was denied, because of lack of a 6 month supervised program. That was at around 10:00 AM. I went out for the day and came home aroung 3:00PM to my son running outside with the phone. I answered it but there was just music playing, I was on hold, but didn't know who was on the other line. So I waited. "Suzanne", the other person on the line said. "It's Alex and I have some really amazing news". Alex is from my doctors office. He went on to tell me he didn't know what happened, but he received a call back from my insurance company and they said that they were approving me after all. That she just wanted to get the file off her desk and that I was going to end up in the long run getting the surgery anyway after my 6 months was up. He said he's never had that happen, usually insurance co. really fight till near death to not approve until every criteria is met and then some. I told him I knew what happened. PRAYER!!! That is why I want to tank anyone who prayed for me. I just gav it up to the Lord this morning after finding out that I was denied. I prayed that if it was his will, I would be patient and do whatever God felt was in the works for me. If this isn't the greatest testimony for all the people dealing with insurances, I don't know what is. Thank you again fellow LBT-Prayers' and that you also to the Almighty God! Can I officially say know that I am starting my LBT Journey. I know it won't compair to my spritual journey. But, with God in my life, this new journey will be awsome. Thank you again.

THE POWER OF PRAYER IS A WONDERFUL THING!:grouphug::thanks::grouphug:

Congrats Suzanne,

I'm so proud for you and God does answer prayers. I don't post to much on here but plan to in the future. I pray you have an uneventful surgery and a very quick recovery. If you need to pm me about any of of the stuff I went through feel free too.

I just got my 3rd fill last week and I'm very, very, tight. I wish everyone would pray for me that it's not too tight because they're so expensive to get I'd hate to have to travel that 10 hours round trip to get a slight unfill. It's also that tom so I'm hoping it will loosen up. Please pray for me.

I'll keep all of you in my prayers and may God Bless.

Love you all,

mysherrijoe-Thank you. I will say a prayer for you. Thank you for keeping me in yours. I can't believe how much weight you have lost so far. Keep up the great work. Your doing excellent, just don't loose too much too fast. HAHA. Hope your experience went well. I am praying mine goes easy. Still waiting on a date. Have a call into my doc's. office. :biggrin1:

I would like to request prayer for a fellow member's husband. Her friend posted this in another thread requesting prayers and I thought I would add it here to, there can never be enough prayer.

Hi everyone, I am Kathy's friend Michele ( fellow Lapbander myslef) I am writing you this sunday afternoon to let you know that Kath'y husband Rick is in the hospital on life support at this time and is in need of all our prayers. To let you know a little bit what happened, he felt sick and threw up massive amounts of blood and kat took him to the hospital where they say he tore his esophagus where it attaches to his stomach. at that time last night because he has been on blood thinners for his heart they werent sure if they could stop the bleeding and if he would even make it through the night. they put a balloon in his stomach and in his esophagus to stop the bleeding by pressure and are giving him stuff to thicken his blood and hope his heart holds up through this all. they dont know at this point if they can even operate. Tomorrow or the y next they will try and remove the balloons, he may have to be air flighted to phoenix if all else fails. she has had a very rough night not knowing if he's going to pull through. she does have lots of support here with her, but she asked me to type a note so you will all add him to your prayers. thank you all. thanks michele

Speaking of prayer chains. I thank God for another day. Each minute is precious and I have not been treating it as such. I don't need to wait to get a serious illness, oh yeah I already have one or two. (severe obesity, high blood pressure, enlarged heart)

Counting my blessings now.......1. LBT Family 2......