Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

I hope there isn't an affair in there somewhere, it seems too odd that a man isn't excited about a new baby! 40 yrs old or not! Ive seen this more often than I care to know. Bless A's heart! She is a handmaiden to the Lord as she bears this precious gift. Dear Jesus, please bless your daughter with peace that passes understanding, Give her the joy reserved for your children. Father we ask a special blessing to be on this father as he is getting torn apart by the enemy... Father I ask in the name of Jesus that you would tear the plans of the enemy apart like a tissue paper in your hands. Please Lord grant this precious child the gift of a loving father. It says in your word Lord that in the last days there would be no need of teachers as you would put your principals in the hearts of men and that YOU would cause them to move in them. We ask this in this instance as we do not know if there are Godly men in his life that can give him wise counsel.. Lord it is you will that none shall parish.. It is you word that says that we are the head and not the tail. God we so need you in our lives to protect us from the traps of the enemy. God our Savior, we hate our enemy with a perfect hatred as you hate sin and yet love the sinner. God help us to love this father, Help us to remember him several times in the day so as to pray for him. We call for the gift of faith to be granted to this dear mother so that the peace that passes understanding will bring good health to this child... We bind the spirit of rejection in Jesus name!!! Hallelujah!! Amen!!!

ooohhh Get me going now!! C'mon Lord step into this!!

Please keep my Dad ( tom ) and Mom (Jan) in your prayers today. I just received a called that my dad will be going back in to surgery in a few hrs to have his fistula redone again. Mom is getting very weary and I am really getting worried about her. He has a blockage and they can not do dialysis. I will be thinking of you all as we continue to pray for all our families and Friends.

This has been a rough road for him the past 6 months with this being the 5th time in ICU no more than a four week period that he has been home. this was at 8:30 AM

OK I forgot to send this off this AM as I left in a hurry! Dad is doing OK. He had to have the fistula revised again. This was done on Wednesday also. Wednesday morning it ruptured and he lost 3 pints of blood. I saw him for a bit today while he was at dialysis he was very sleepy. They took him from recovery to the clinic to run ( dialysis for 4 hrs. ) so We came home by the time he gets out it will be 6 PM and we can not see him from 7-8 as they change staffing and have staff meetings. Mom was heading out to check him at 6.

Our hope and prayers are that all goes well! he gets rest. Mom gets rest. ( us too) and the hand that heals all is placed upon them.

Please say a prayer for John Filipiak, he is a very sick little boy. He was born just 2 days ago and was 5 weeks early. To make matters worse he has Strep B and they are saying it can be fatal. Please say a prayer for this little boy. Thanks Mandy

Hi DeAnn ~ Your dad & mom are lifted in prayer. It is my/our (my DH prays along with the kids, at least the ones they understand) that the Lord will heal him and give your mom strength. I'm sure your mom is just about wore out. And you too, dear. You haven't had an easy time. Please try to get as much rest as you can so you can be there for your parents. Your entire family is always in my prayers.

Mandy ~ I have also lifted John Filipiak in prayer. Bless his tiny little heart. I just can't imagine the burden the parents must feel. Thank you for sharing this so all of us can pray for this little boy.

I am weak in spirit and I need Christ to continue to nudge me gently to leave my life to his grace and hands. I am tired of trying to control my life when in fact I know that he will guide me in my life. I am weak with a member of the opposite sex. I loved him and he has abandoned me. Right before my surgery when I thought he would always be there for me. I need guidance, love and Gods grace in my life. I pray that I will be strong and not contact my old friend again because I know the relationship is not healthy for me. I pray that God will give me the strength to stay away from him and guide my life. I pray to be strong during my surgery and understand and know what my emotional eating is all about. I pray that I will love myself enough to know what is healthy for me and that God will continue to work through me.

Dear piercedqt78, any news about little baby John? I pray for every breath to be a breath of Jesus. Please let us know OK?

no news yet. I am going to call this afternoon for an update. ~Mandy

How's your dad doing DeAnn? I hope all is going well.

Praying for all the requests. :angel:

I have a request that I would like to keep "unspoken" for now. We used to have those kind of requests at my home church. Thanks in advance!!

I had my last child at the age of 40. She is the joy of my life even now that she is grown. There was a big age difference between her and her sisters, so she was raised almost like an only child. My husband and I decided we had a lot of love to give and another baby was a great way of doing this. Unfortunately he didn't live to see his little girl grow up into the beautiful woman she is today, because he was killed in a car accident 10 years ago. My children are all are a great source of joy to me, and this one is extremely special. She was my first C-section, and I had many problems carrying her to 7 mo. She weighed 4 lb. but did great. Babies are a very special treasure and this particular daughter looks exactly like her Daddy, minus the beard and mustache, and is kind and generous to a fault. All of my children called him "Dad" because he was all they ever knew. He took on a ready made family (4 girls) and was a wonderful father. My youngest took his death very, very hard and the following couple years were extremely hard for her. She has now blossomed into a beautiful young woman who turned to God and he saw her through this. I love all of my girls, but this one is very special to me as this was a second marriage and the only one I had with my true soul-mate. All of my girls are gorgeous in their own way and very, very special, but this one tugs at my heart strings with her kindness and generosity. I've never even known of her to have a fight with any of her sisters. They all treat her more like a Mom then a sister.

I hope these people realize you are never too old to give love. I bet once he lays eyes on this new little human being he will lose his heart to it. Mr. B. played just as big a part in this pregnancy as his wife. If he truly didn't want another baby there are ways to ensure it doesn't happen. I feel sorry for your friend and hope that if worse comes to worse she sees her husband's true colors and goes on with her life with her new child. He sounds like he is more in shock than anything else. You are never too old to give or receive love.

I'm sending prayers out to them and hope they will realize what a true gift this is.

God Bless,

Dody

Hi! Love this sticky. I have a prayer request. Please pray that my lapband procedure goes well for me. It is scheduled for Friday in Mexico. While I do not attend church regularily, my faith is strong and I believe in prayer. I will continue to check this thread and please know that anyone who requests a prayer will definately get this from me. Thank you.

Yasmin

Requesting prayer for our own FunnyDuddies. She's so sick with what we thought was strep or tonsilitis. The other night she fainted from deyhdration and fell down the stairs. :) She's banged up but not seriously injured.

She went to the Dr again today because the pain killers aren't helping with the pain. Her throat is so swollen she can't swallow - thus the dehydration. It took them 10 times to finally get the IV in because her veins are so bad from the dehydration. They keep threatening to admit her to the hospital but noone seems to know exactly whats wrong with her. She'll be going back to the Dr tomorrow.. so let's be lifting her up in prayer please.

Remember she just went through 12 days of her little girl being hospitalized with pnuemonia, and the whole family was hit hard with the flu shortly after that. They really seem to be under attack. ;)

Susan ~ Please tell Amy we are praying for her. Bless her heart!! I sure hope they are able to identify the culprit.

Yasmin ~ I will lift you up in prayer. I'm sure you will come through with flying colors. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!!

Doty ~ You are indeed blessed with a beautiful family and full of love I'm sure.

Thank you all for your prayers for my father and family. Dad is doing much better. He still remains in the hospital. His Dr. is very concerned about a infection in the fistula. It is a very vital part of his body for him. Due to the amount of people who were attempting to stop the bleeding Dr Kennedy feels he needs to keep a very close eye on him. I spent the afternoon with him today. He was in a very good mood and sitting him his wheelchair. He was moved out of ICU too the medical floor, so we have to be sure that one of us is always with him. Due to him being a quadriplegic and 71 yrs old. The nurses at times seem to think he can do for him self. He can when he is not laying in the bed. He is very picky about who transfers him,the only person that he will allow is my mom or his brother. My dad is 6'3 and my mom is 5'2 but together it balances out great for her to due standing transfers. The last time the nurses tried transferring him they dropped him on the floor. Now that he has had his leg amputated he knows that it is much harder to do. I just want to say thanks for the support that you all shared my way with the time in need. When it was time for my surgery my dad was in ICU and had just had his leg amputated, all he wanted was for me to have the surgery. The support I received from my lab band Friends was unbelievable. I pray each night for my lap band friends and that God lays his hands on all those in need. Thank you all so much ! DeAnn