Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

Hey Fellow Banders and Friends,

It is so good to see faith so alive and well on our website. I have often felt so alone and afraid since being banded, even though I know Christ is always there for me. I take refuge in my faith but sometimes the very real human fears come jumping out to take over and make old insecurities take over. The power of prayer is so awesome and when I remember in times of trouble to ask for help, it's always like a brick upside the head. I ask myself, "Why did'nt I pray about this sooner?" I guess we all probably do that at some time or another. The fear of not succeeding with my band absolutely terrifies me because I am self-pay and making that payment every month is like a giant scale weighing my self-worth. If I am losing, then it's okay and everything balances out. If not, then I feel the scale clanking down with my failure and the added burden of contributing to the mound of financial responsibilites we have to meet every month. That feeling of failure sets up the too familiar pattern of wanting to take refuge in food instead of Jesus. I am trying so hard to change my behavior patterns along with my eating habits. I realize this is the only way to achieve lasting success with my band. I will certainly pray for the individual needs of you, will you pray for me? I no longer smoke, drink or use drugs, but food still haunts me because I can't just throw it out and never touch it again. The other bad habits I gave up through Christ many years ago, but this one is a doozy! Thanks for being there, each of you, I don't know what I would do without you, you're the very best! God bless each of you.

I pray sometimes out loud, sometimes not, but I pray. I have been praying every night for the past 5 years. I have never missed one night of prayer & for that I am very proud. I was never very consistant nor as close w/Jesus years ago. Oh sure I prayed but not every night. Its importanat I feel to thank Jesus for the day & all whom have touched your life. My prayer for my band is this - every night:

"Dear Lord, Please allow my body to accept this tool inside. That I may be healthy & learn to work with my band to optain & keep my goal. Grant me perseverance Lord."

" May my eyes be open to what you lay before me & my heart & mind accept them fully."

I pray for all my LBT family, especially those in need of prayer and those struggling without their bands. God Bless each of you tonight & always.

Thank you all -- I love that song.. There is also this other song that I heard (Shout to Lord ???) day visiting my Friends Church and I tell you that day I heard it for the first time and cried I was so touched.

Anyway the hearing was not bad but was not good. Everything I asked the Lord to handle he did as well as my LBT Family.

bubbame ~ You can count on my prayers as you go to your hearing....may God's will be done. He truly understands every emotion/feeling we have and let Him carry you during this time. Your LBT is there too in prayer!!

Teresita ~ Great link!! I had not heard that version, but I know the song. Thanks!!

lady in red ~ God is good!! Hold your head high...you have the Lord and He is your success. I will pray with you and you continue to ask for His guidance. You can't fail b/c He is directing you. Have faith in that and walk in His will.

I'llsucceed ~ Isn't it wonderful knowing we can take anything to Him? Good for you...keep your eyes on Him!! I love your prayer for the band. That prayer sums it all up. I'm preband, but that will be my prayer too.

To each of you ~ Thank you for your prayers already!! I know God doesn't always give us the answers we want, but He knows what's best. My heart is so thrilled to have this thread to share in this powerful thing of prayers!! To God be the glory....great things he has done!!

Lady in red.

Really can understand your feelings as I am much in the same boat as you...only thing is I have not been healthy since this band,have prayed this year away and now have to face that everything might not go as I would want it to...

The thing I am learning is this.....if we accept that God really loves us,I also have to know that He has my best interest at heart and will not allow something that I cannot cope or deal with.......(I'mnot saying something I WANT to cope with or deal with because I dont want to......)but He will make it a situation that will glorify Him in the end....ooooo,so hard to just hold on to that all the time...but well,I have to.My hope is in God.......

After I wrote about being prayed for it wasnt a day later that I started having terrible pain again and all the old terrible symptoms are back...I am so sad but know that sometimes our way is not Gods way.

The one thing that is different is that I can come on this threat and say....you girls understand because you also have a band....and fat issues....or rather food issues....please pray for me because this is overshadowing everything else in my life at the moment and I ask that you just remember me when you speak to the Lord......

I thank you all

Today is Monday, is a new day, a new week, a new month.....can I get an Amen!!!!!

We can make this day count?!!! YES WE CAN!!! :eekB:

I have not seen this thread until now. Okay Prayer Worriors I need your faith and prayers right now. I dont know if any of you have read my other threads but I had my port removed due to an infection and now I have a hole that I have to pack everyday. I need the courage and strengh to get through this. I am in so much pain and I cry out to God for his love and healing hand upon me. I need guidence in finding a new Dr. And the wisdom to know how to handle all this I am going through. Thank you for your prayers and support as I go this pain everyday. I belive that God will heal me, I have faith in our Lord. And By HIS Stripes I AM Healed!!!!

Hello,

I am new to this site and this is my first posting. I get banded on June 6th. My insurance carrier, United Healthcare just approved my surgery. For about 3 weeks I've been concerned they would not since my doctors is out of network. Thankfully I work for a great employer in Silicon Vallley that has bariatrics on our plan. It makes me feel so good that I can move forward in the direction I have prayed for. This is how I found out about lap band surgery. I was reading a booked about "grace" and the power of prayer and I woke up one morning and said to myself. God give me grace to find help in this area of my life. After that, I contacted the bariatrics dept. at one of our best hospitals in san jose. I already went to the support group. Tomorrow I finish all the pretests with the ultrasound and the echocardiagram. I'm a little scared, but more excited. I know that this is going to happen for a reason and I'm glad I've finally met some people who truly understand the affects of obesity. Here I sit at 5'8 and 285 lbs and for once in my life I am not ashamed. Thank you for all your prayers. The power of men and women like you can be felt. Thank you.

desertmom ~ How are you? What day do your go for you endoscopy? I am praying for you to have peace with God's will. He has promised to never forsake us and you are standing on that promise right now....as difficult as it is. Keep your eyes on Him...He will show you.

Teresita ~:amen:&:amen: This is going to be a good week. I actually walked today!!

TrishS ~ I have been reading about your whole ordeal and I'm praying for you!! Bless your heart. The Lord will lead you to the right place to resolve these issues. It's difficult to trust sometimes, we all know from experience. :phanvan Hang in there & you can count on prayers here!!

juliegeraci ~ Welcome to LBT!! It's so great to have you here!! I am so glad you feel comfortable. LBT is a great place!! I too started praying b4 I even decided on the lapband. I have prayed for the Lord to open and close doors to let me know His will. Well, after a long wait and a lot of stress (which wasn't necessary) I will get my band on May 26th. I am 100% confident this is what the Lord has planned for me. Keep us informed of your progress and I hope you post often!!

TrishS I am sorry to hear about your ordeal. Just knowing and trusting in God your battle is won. It may not feel like it but you know the truth. When you trust in him the devil is always around trying to make you lose faith. Let's not give him what he wants. I am praying for you TrishS, you are not the first nor the last person to have to deal with something like this. Don't let your doctors brush you off, research and get other opinions. When you are cleaning and packing your port area, you thank God that you are here, you thank God for every blessing that you have.....being able to see, walk, talk, think, for knowing him in an intimate way.....I am praying for you TrishS. When I am out walking I pray for everyone and I especially pray for the LBT members. Trish I love you and stay in pray, be thankful and smile. God is an awesome God and things will work out. The simplest prayer is the best prayer.

http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/teach.html

Our Father, who art in heaven

hallowed be thy Name,

thy kingdom come,

thy will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those

who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

and the power, and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

We are so blessed....we forget with our daily life. I just called the American Cancer Society to get some information for a friend. His mother has bone cancer, she is now paralized from it. She had surgery and is now going to radiation. While on the phone I just broke down so the guy helping asked did I want information on local support for family or friends. I started thinking that this woman can't walk anymore, not from weight related problems....from cancer. I lost both of my parents to cancer and up here wasting my life trying to eat food that everyone knows is .......whatever. .....

Life is Short....

Teresita ~ You have such a beautiful heart!! You encourage me everyday. YOU are a special blessing!! It's OK sometimes to break down and get things off our chest. God made us so we need others and need to lean on Him. Let Him carry you!! We are there with you in spirit as well. Cancer is such an evil thing. It took my MIL after 6 yrs....ovarian cancer. I will pray for your friends mother & your friend. I hope they know the Lord personally.

It is easy to feel sorry for ourselves when we have no idea of the trials someone else is facing. We do have so much to be thankful for and need to call on the name of the Lord even when things are going well....not just the bad times.

This song brings me strength....check out this link. It's by Ray Boltz. http://www.wrensworld.com/anchor.htm

Leatha, I sent you a PM~Mandy