Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and weight loss?

Hey everyone! My surgery was 6 weeks ago and I've only lost 18 lbs. I know everyone is different, but just wondering where everyone else is/was at this point?

Hey everyone! My surgery was 6 weeks ago and I've only lost 18 lbs. I know everyone is different' date=' but just wondering where everyone else is/was at this point?[/quote']

What are your stats? Do you have more or less to lose?

I'm about 6 weeks post-op and down 20 pounds.

Are you guys counting anything lost during your pre-op diet?

I will be 6 wks on the 27th. My total loss has been 25 lbs. 18 pre op, 7 post op. I feel like mine is slow also. I keep telling myself that my goal is to lose 65 lbs which isn't as much as some others goals. I also remind myself that my dr is still dealing with my meds to regulate my thyroid due to having mine removed several years ago. On my one month band date I rejoined my local gym:) I am doing 1 hour of Zumba 4 days per week. We have to remind ourselves that even if it is only 1 step forward, it is a step in the right direction:) hoping my weight loss will pick up next month!

23 pre op. 8 weeks post op an additional 25 for a total of 48.

Wow you guys down 40+lbs are amazing!!! Great job! What were your starting weights & your goals? Most importantly, what does your typically daily menu consist of? I could use any helpful tips!!!

Wow you guys down 40+lbs are amazing!!! Great job! What were your starting weights & your goals? Most importantly' date=' what does your typically daily menu consist of? I could use any helpful tips!!![/quote']

Keep in mind 23 of my 48 was pre op. I started at 275.5. Banded 12/21. No exercise yet aside from walking as I'm not cleared for it yet. The only thing I'm doing is limiting my carbs and eating my 3oz of Protein 3 times per day. I have no fill and don't feel I need one. I was very mentally prepared for this and am not expecting the band to work miracles for me or anything like that. I eat solid food (no shakes or soups) and I average 800-1000 cals per day. But I also feel like I'm one of the lucky ones...the 3oz of Protein holds me for 4-5 hours with no snacking in between. I think everyone is different. Focus on one day at a time and just keep on going! It may feel slow but it will get here faster than you think and the time is going to pass anyway right? :-)

Keep in mind 23 of my 48 was pre op. I started at 275.5. Banded 12/21. No exercise yet aside from walking as I'm not cleared for it yet. The only thing I'm doing is limiting my carbs and eating my 3oz of Protein 3 times per day. I have no fill and don't feel I need one. I was very mentally prepared for this and am not expecting the band to work miracles for me or anything like that. I eat solid food (no shakes or soups) and I average 800-1000 cals per day. But I also feel like I'm one of the lucky ones...the 3oz of Protein holds me for 4-5 hours with no snacking in between. I think everyone is different. Focus on one day at a time and just keep on going! It may feel slow but it will get here faster than you think and the time is going to pass anyway right? :-)

Thanks so much!!! You are doing great. I am trying to figure out what is going to work for me. I hope once I figure it out my body doesn't go crazy & decide I need to change it up again. Lol!

Let me see 3 lbs per week x 52 weeks wow 156 pounds a year. Don't worry follow your program it will happen.

Help! I'm scared to have the lap band procedure. My surgery is Feb.26,2013. I was overwhelmed at pre-op seminar today. Anyone else scared??