Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you like best about this site?

I know we all like the support, ideas, exchanges, etc.

But what, specifically, keeps bringing you back here?

I have two specific things I really like:

The use of the word "fat". No where else in my life can I use the word "fat" without the patronizing answers of: you're not fat, you're big boned, you have a pretty face, etc. No where else can I ask someone "well, back when you were fat..." and have them not be offended. I've heard terms like Fatty Chat and Fatty Stats and I love that it is used by people that have earned the right to use it. It makes me feel part of an exclusive club.

I also really like that Alex is accessible. He answers questions, takes care of problems, listens to suggestions, etc. He is on people's friend lists. I like that too.

I have to say I like the "vets". Yes, some of them take a little skin with it when they rip the band aid off (so to speak). But more power to them for not being worried about stepping on someone's toes when they are just saying something that needs to be said. I've only been on these boards for a few months myself and already I'm amazed at how many people come on here posting about testing their band and eating fast food or solids 3 days post op. If they were near me, I would grab them and shake them and scream at them "what are you thinking!!!" So the vets kind of do that via their posts. And, although they are not docs, they are very well informed. And I'm a suck it up, get a grip, quit wallowing and do it kinda girl so their posts do it for me. :-)

The other thing I love is the humor we can find about the not so pleasant after effects such as gas (who said they needed a butt muffler???), sex positions, TOM, stuck episodes that resemble and episode of the Exorcist, etc. It's nice that we can have a chuckle sometimes even at our own expense!

And I'm loving this thread...curious to see what others will post.

The awesome people and their weight loss pictures!!

So inspiring!

For me in the begining it was a wonderful source of motivation and place to ask the unkown as thats the biggest hurdle when getting started.

I still enjoy hanging out here because it's a constant reminder of my band. There is no one in my everyday who understands what it's like to live with a band...except one friend who I don't see on a regular basis. It's a nice source of accountability for me and now I can help newbies stay motivated, provide my experiences and enjoy talkiing to veterans who "get it"...

I like to hear different perspectives and solutions to problems we all have our will have in the future. I also like best working with newbies to get them off to positive start.!

I like knowing that if I have problems with my band I can post it on here and someone else has probably already been through the same thing. I also like the fact there are people here with so many different experiences.

PS: don't like the negative nannys!

I came on the forum to get information and help because I knew very little at the beginning. It was helpful to know what Protein Shakes to get, what other people liked ect. When I had bad gas pain and other concerns it was reassuring to know that is was normal to have these. I keep coming back to help the newbie’s but also to see if there are other ideas out there to help me along the journey. Hugs

I think it's a great place to exchange information and experiences. I also think it's a good tool to help keep you on track and a reminder that others are in the same boat you are.

Plus, I've made some cherished friends here!

I will be banded on Wednesday and I keep coming back here because this is my LapBand home. I feel so comfortable coming here and talking about anything... Asking questions, getting advice, or just venting. Also reading what others are saying and being able to help them or just share my thoughts and opinions helps. Its our judgement free zone and i love it. I'd be lost without this site.

I come back here mostly because of the friends I have made....

Also it is a safe pleace where others know what I mean when I tell a small NSV .....they can enjoy it to....I love reading about others victorys....

Knowing i can come here when Im struggeling with wanting to pig out on something...or if I have pigged out and am now having a stuck issue...lol

SO many things to love about this site.....

I think it's a great place to exchange information and experiences. I also think it's a good tool to help keep you on track and a reminder that others are in the same boat you are.

Plus, I've made some cherished friends here!

My girl!!! x0x0x00x0x

I love this site because I never met anyone who has had the band. (gastric bypass and sleeve, yes. Not Lapband)

Coming here makes me feel like people understand me and I can relate with other people's issues

I have considered going to my doctors office's monthly support group but its about an hour's drive from me and a huge hassle. Coming here helps me feel a connection to others in the same boat as me

I have been on this site 7 months "prior" to be banded. Actually, I started on the 'chat' forum before and had met some really nice people who were tremendously helpful in answering all of my "pre" banding questions. As soon as I started doing more research, asking questions is where I found one of my best friends on this site. She has been my rock through this whole journey. My husband and I wouldn't know what to do without her (Missy).

I come here pretty much for the same reason you all do. Support, Motivation, and Inspiration. I love reading about all the success stories, and of course looking at the before /after pictures are GREAT! Every story gives us all inspiration and hope!

I am still early on my journey, but I have learned and gained sooo much knowledge from my fellow bandsters!

met some awesome peeps who i now consider my friends

because the band is my life now, i take it very seriously and live it 24/7

and come to this site..and read about people like me, trying to get healthy.

ps: dont like negative nellies either and try to avoid them at all costs