Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for March

@Jenny: I could have written this myself! This is precisely what I'm experiencing' date=' too.

Re fat: I make sure to add some avocado to my meal, or some cheese to get in some fat. It helps keep me satisfied and has some benefits such as less-dry skin and hair.< /p>

Re meat: I can only tolerate moist hamburger, too...no other red meats. That's ok; I'm don't miss steak or pork anyway.

Re not waiting until one is starving to eat: my biggest battle, too. Waiting far too long for lunch today, and, as you described, ended up starving AND in pain. My chest still hurts, in fact, and I'm still starving.

Must.slow.down. and must not arrive at the table soooo hungry.[/quote']

I could also have written every thing you two mention!

I am still eating way too fast, I get the full signal too late sometimes and by then I'm so full it hurts. I'm learning.

Coming to terms with my head hunger, I'm not missing certain foods that do not go down well, bread, Pasta ( except I do miss my tortellini with lots of cheese tho'!), rice, sweets -very sugary things give me severe indigestion.

How's everyone doing? I'm going for my 3rd post op appointment tomorrow, don't think I need a fill.

I'm scheduled for fill #2 on Friday. Weight loss has stopped but holding tight to the 20lbs I have lost thus far. Soooooo wish it would pick up a little bit. I'm happy with 20 but need to be moving down again. Logging everything still and walking some.

How are y'all?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I'm scheduled for fill #2 on Friday. Weight loss has stopped but holding tight to the 20lbs I have lost thus far. Soooooo wish it would pick up a little bit. I'm happy with 20 but need to be moving down again. Logging everything still and walking some.

How are y'all?

I'm at a 35lb loss including preop. I was at a 30lb loss before I had my first fill. I felt no restriction or help with my first fill. I could still eat pretty much anything. However, eating an egg too fast definitely let me know I was banded. Being stuck is scary. I'm happy that during that time I didn't gain any weight. I had my 2nd fill last week and have already dropped 5lbs. I definitely feel the restriction now. I eat small portions about a cup of food. I can go about 4 hours or more before I'm hungry again. Your 2nd fill should definitely get things moving again.

Hi Everyone :)

I have my second fill next week and I can't wait. I have no restriction at all. I've been really frustrated lately because my scale isn't moving. I've lost 21 lbs since surgery and hoping that with the next fill I will get some restriction. I'm really following the rules and am waiting for the scale to move. I know that my next step is to also be more consistent with exercise.

Hello fellow March bandsters, Had my first stuck episode today. Not concentrating on chewing right and let myself go way too many hours before eating. Was a miserable experience that I do not want to repeat.

Go June 5th for next fill, still don't haven't felt too much resistance still day that is. School officially done that day as well so next challenge will be being home for the summer.

So frustrated been jumping between 199 and 202 for weeks now - god its frustrating when I have been going to gym and eating well - at this point it certainly is no easier then weight loss without the band - going for 3rd fill next week. Hoping that things start moving - didn' t pay $15000.00 to lose 30 lbs. Seems like the scale is playing with me as my first goal was to get under that 200 mark. Anyway how is everyone one else managing.

I'm feeling a little frustrated too. I've lost 23 lbs so far and I too feel like for as hard as I'm working, I could have done this without the band. My 2nd fill made things a little tighter but still not much restriction. I'm hoping things get moving too. I know this is not a quick process like a sleeve or gastric bypass but I was expecting a little more. On a good note, I'm feeling a lot better and clothes are getting bigger. I think I'm noticing a lot more in inches right now than I am on the scale :)

Same here, down 20-25 depending on the day. My last feel has helped but I'm looking for a bit more in fill #3. I feel full really quickly but its not lasting 4 hours. I can't even eat a whole apple! I know that is helping a lot. I am getting in some exercising but not consistent. Still trying to get the weight loss to kick in. I'm so excited to see my pants becoming baggy. That keeps me encouraged.

Thank y'all for posting updates. A great inspiration for me!!

Hi everybody! Great to read everyone's updates. I had my first fill three weeks ago (4 ccs in a 10 cc band). While I don't notice that much of a difference---I had pretty good restriction with an unfilled band already--it gave a bit of a jumpstart to my weight loss and my weight is moving down at a nice pace: 2 pounds a week consistently, whereas before my fill I had a lot of stalls. Now I see a little drop each time I step on the scale!

I'm pleased with this overall. At one point I had this feeling of "Hey, I could've gotten the same results with Weight Watchers!" but that was just a brief moment of insanity. Because I never would've stuck it out this long with WW without falling off the wagon, or feeling deprived, or feeling insanely hungry and always thinking about my next snack or meal. With the lapband, I have none of that old dieter mindset. As I said to someone yesterday, for me, the lapband doesn't make losing weight easy, but it makes it simple.

Good to see everybody, and keep checking in! Have a great summer in your new, smaller body!

Morning fellow March bandsters, ready the posts many of seem to be in that bouncing pattern with the same pound or two. Was a bit frustrated with it as well but saw the doc yesterday and he was so encouraging. Had lost 8.5 since last appointment so he was worried about it coming off too fast which can lead to issue like the gallbladder. Together we agreed to wait to do a second fill see how this month goes. I have a slight restriction and go pretty well between meals not hungry(except for the bored hunger which is in my head not my stomach). As much as I want the weight gone I also don't want to live constantly nauseous or with things getting stuck easily. Love the quote from Paris "the lapband doesn't make losing weight easy, but it makes it simple. " It has helped me make this life change and keeps me on track.Stay strong all, we can do this!

Off for fill number 3 today - been bouncing with the same 5 pounds for what seems forever so hoping this will give me a boast.

Had my 3rd fill on 6/27 and really can't tell much difference. I'm journaling my days now to show my WLS doc and myself what I'm going between meals and I'm measuring my 1/2 cup now. I'm thinking I may need another feel because I'm just not lasting on 1/2 cup. Before I was just counting calories and aiming high for Protein and not really measuring.

I lost 2 pounds between fill 2 and 3 which I'm grateful it wasn't a gain (which it'd been if this was all me and no band)!! My total loss by my wLS docs scale is 22lbs since preop. Also I weighed in the afternoon for #3 when #1 and #2 weigh-ins were in the morning. (If that even matters)

Come on March Bandsters brag a little I need to see how successful all y'all are to spur me on!!

Had my 3rd fill on 6/27 and really can't tell much difference. I'm journaling my days now to show my WLS doc and myself what I'm going between meals and I'm measuring my 1/2 cup now. I'm thinking I may need another feel because I'm just not lasting on 1/2 cup. Before I was just counting calories and aiming high for Protein and not really measuring.

I lost 2 pounds between fill 2 and 3 which I'm grateful it wasn't a gain (which it'd been if this was all me and no band)!! My total loss by my wLS docs scale is 22lbs since preop. Also I weighed in the afternoon for #3 when #1 and #2 weigh-ins were in the morning. (If that even matters)

Come on March Bandsters brag a little I need to see how successful all y'all are to spur me on!!

I had my 3rd fill 6/17 and it really made a difference. Before, I just felt like I was dieting because I didn't have any restriction. Since the 3rd fill I've gotten stuck so much because of the restriction, I am now learning to take smaller bites and all that because getting stuck and sliming I hate. I've lost 45lbs since preop but to me it's still going slow. As long as I avoid slider foods I do pretty good. I lost 20lbs preop and 25lbs post op. I keep telling myself this isn't bad for almost 4 months. I sure would not have lost it otherwise. Sounds like you may still need another fill, it takes some people a little longer. Also depends on how aggressive your doc is being with the amounts. I have never measured my food I just feel when to stop. Sometimes, I even hiccup. My big thing is the food choices. As long as I choose the right foods I do pretty good. I'm also exercising now.

I just had my second fill. Losing at a rate now of about 2-3 lbs. 7 cc in my band. Much tighter. I am now going in my closet and getting frustrated because clothes are too big not too tight.

Keep working it. I found exercise helps me. I walk ~2 miles each weekday. If I can do this anyone can. I don't eat red meat , Pasta, or any breads.

My diet is coffee with full octane Creamer in the am, Protein shake at 930, chicken or tuna salad at 1, fresh fruit at 330, and fish for dinner. My nutritionist wants me at a 1000 calorie day. I track my food on my fitness pal. Good luck!