Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for March

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I was banded march 9th, I have lost 19lbs. I think I would have lost more but the last 3weeks I have felt less and less restriction, so I know I'm ready for my first fill on April 24th!!!!! Keep in touch guys!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I was banded march 9th, I have lost 19lbs. I think I would have lost more but the last 3weeks I have felt less and less restriction, so I know I'm ready for my first fill on April 24th!!!!! Keep in touch guys!!!

wow you had to wait along time for your first fill. I had my surgery March 12th, and first fill April 4th. I have noticed some difference but still seems to be only about 1 lbs a week lost. I have my second fill on the 24th too hopefully will see a bigger difference. One of the girls that I work with said she had to ask them to be more aggressive so that she could see the weight come off faster. Plus everyone I know that has done it says that the 2nd or 3rd fill is when you see a difference.

Good Luck!!!

I also had my surgery on March 12th and have not had a fill yet. Appointment on the 23rd - have lost 30 lbs including pre diet 20 - didnt think I felt any restriction until I over ate some lasagna yesterday - Felt uncomfortably full for about 5 hours - did that at lunch and thought I better not eat much else for the day so stuck to fluids. Still having a hard time with the slow eating - a work in progress I guess

Hey March Peps!

Hope everyone is doing well! My scale isnt moving much, kind just yo yoing..

I had my first fill last Wednesday and am going in for another asap! I have 14 cc band, they put in 3 ccs on top of the 3 that were in there, i feel a little difference, but not what i know i would if it was the "green zone"

Im working at being better at this everyday! Get my but to the gym and make the right food choices, story of my life!! How are you all feeling about your first fills??

Hey March Peps!

Hope everyone is doing well! My scale isnt moving much' date=' kind just yo yoing..

I had my first fill last Wednesday and am going in for another asap! I have 14 cc band, they put in 3 ccs on top of the 3 that were in there, i feel a little difference, but not what i know i would if it was the "green zone"

Im working at being better at this everyday! Get my but to the gym and make the right food choices, story of my life!! How are you all feeling about your first fills??[/quote']

I just had my first fill on 2days ago. I already had 3cc, and felt only a slight restriction, so the DR put in another 3, but I feel so tight, and thought it was normal yesterday but this morning I couldn't drink Water so I'm going in for an UN-fill today. I think I will just go with 4cc. It's a horrible feeling being too tight, like I'm being strangled.

I've been getting back in the gym &feel so much lighter and more energetic! I've lost 22 lb since pre op diet. No-one has commented on my weight loss...My jeans are hanging off me, I look ridiculous! Maybe they are being polite?!

don't be discouraged if folks aren't commenting on it - for the first 2 months of my journey everyone kept complimenting my hair and i hadn't changed it AT ALL.

there's a popular mantra in the weight loss community:

it takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing

it takes 8 weeks for close friends and family

and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world

i don't know how scientifically accurate it is but it seems about right and even then you never know if people will feel comfortable commenting on your changing body!

shapeimage_2.png

I'm finding it hard to not be discouraged either. I'm stuck right now and really need a fill. I can't get in until the end of May. They are so booked up I had to put myself on a cancelation list. I've only had one fill and I don't feel any restriction what so ever. I'm working hard at Portion Control and exercising but I'm only losing a few ounces to a pound here and there.

I'm finding it hard to not be discouraged either. I'm stuck right now and really need a fill. I can't get in until the end of May. They are so booked up I had to put myself on a cancelation list. I've only had one fill and I don't feel any restriction what so ever. I'm working hard at Portion Control and exercising but I'm only losing a few ounces to a pound here and there.

I hope you get a cancellation appointment. It's so hard isn't it? But once you get the fill it will get better!

I just had an adjustment, the Dr took out 1cc & now I can drink liquids with no pain. Being too tight is horrible!!!!

I was banded on 3-4-13 and have lost 20-21 lbs. The scale has been verrrrrry stingy the last month! I feel like I am on my regular diet plan - Protein Shakes and light meals. I am working out again and my body is changing but I feel little restriction despite a fill. Before surgery, the nutritionist said I should not be able to eat a whole sandwich. I am quite sure I could but I haven't let myself. I know there is restriction and I am eating less than before - I am just hoping to feel that magic "stop" point! Patience, I guess. It helps me to read y'all's stories and know that what I am experiencing is normal. He gave me a small first fill and I go back in 2 weeks. Maybe the magic happens then!!!!

So glad to hear that I am not alone this month. After such success the weeks before the surgery and the weeks after this stand still has been very frustrating. Trying to stay positive because I know have lost, I can get into clothes that have not fit in years and my coworkers have begun to notice and been so encouraging. Just wish the scale would move.

Go for my first fill on May 5th and my doctor had actually said at my last appt to just heal and try and keep the 25 pounds off. When he said it I was actually a bit miffed thinking he believed I will fail but maybe he was just warning me that the quick honeymoon was about to end and the real work to begin.

So glad I have my fellow bandsters to help keep me on track.

I just had my first fill on 2days ago. I already had 3cc, and felt only a slight restriction, so the DR put in another 3, but I feel so tight, and thought it was normal yesterday but this morning I couldn't drink Water so I'm going in for an UN-fill today. I think I will just go with 4cc. It's a horrible feeling being too tight, like I'm being strangled.

I've been getting back in the gym &feel so much lighter and more energetic! I've lost 22 lb since pre op diet. No-one has commented on my weight loss...My jeans are hanging off me, I look ridiculous! Maybe they are being polite?!

lol I am so right there with you. I am not sure if they put anything in my band to begin with but I have already had 2 fills. The first one they put in 2cc's they tried to do another 2cc's last Wednesday but I didnt even get to the parking lot before I lost the water I had drank. I had to go back in and have them take some out. No fun at all. I am finding it difficult to find the right balance of food and remembering to eat slow small bites. This is what always gets me. I get too hungry and then eat too fast. I am starting to see the scale move now. I go back every 3 weeks for a fill so hopefully I will start to see a greater difference soon.

lol I am so right there with you. I am not sure if they put anything in my band to begin with but I have already had 2 fills. The first one they put in 2cc's they tried to do another 2cc's last Wednesday but I didnt even get to the parking lot before I lost the Water I had drank. I had to go back in and have them take some out. No fun at all. I am finding it difficult to find the right balance of food and remembering to eat slow small bites. This is what always gets me. I get too hungry and then eat too fast. I am starting to see the scale move now. I go back every 3 weeks for a fill so hopefully I will start to see a greater difference soon.

My Dr only took out 1cc, now I have 5cc. The 1 made a big difference, I drank the cup of water just fine. But now 4days out I'm not feeling any obvious restriction. I'm really stressed out and its making me not prepare for meal times so I'm snacking more and then I cannot keep track and I don't really know if I feel hunger or not. I'm eating healthy foods, no junk or sugary stuff. I guess the band will never really help with emotional eating problems. I eat way too fast and bigger bites than I'm supposed to. There is so much to learn! My Dr said you ate a certain way all your life, it's going to take time to learn this new way.

I had my first fill on Monday, I feel some restriction for sure.. I ate lunch a little too fast and boy did my band tell me! It's a learning process... Now my question how much restriction should I have?

My Dr only took out 1cc, now I have 5cc. The 1 made a big difference, I drank the cup of Water just fine. But now 4days out I'm not feeling any obvious restriction. I'm really stressed out and its making me not prepare for meal times so I'm snacking more and then I cannot keep track and I don't really know if I feel hunger or not. I'm eating healthy foods, no junk or sugary stuff. I guess the band will never really help with emotional eating problems. I eat way too fast and bigger bites than I'm supposed to. There is so much to learn! My Dr said you ate a certain way all your life, it's going to take time to learn this new way.

I am definitely being able to tell a difference now that I have had my 2nd fill but it isn't what I thought it would be. Not to mention I actually started losing more weight when I wasn't eating just the healthy stuff. I think our bodies need some fat intake or it holds on to what we are putting in thinking it is not going to get more. Eating olives and avocados or using olive oil when cooking can help add fat. Sour cream, cheese, and such... I don't know what it is but I started eating regular foods again instead of restricting what I eat and I feel better and am losing. I cannot eat a lot of any thing so i am still staying low on calories and such I have found that pretty much all meat other than hamburger meat in sauce and such will not go down. My husband (who had lap-band 2 years ago) lived on tacos and tortilla chips for a while because they broke down easier for him. I cannot eat a taco to save my life. I got 1/2 of one down and felt like it was stuck. I am sure if I take smaller bites of anything it would be easier but I am still learning. My biggest battle is not waiting until I am starving to eat. This seems to be when I hurt myself the most. I get so hungry that I eat too fast and then it will not go down. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get down so I can continue to eat slower all the while I am still starving but now starving and in pain. Oh the learning process... lol even after 2 years my hubby still has a difficult time with eating small bites slow. Good luck to you...

I am definitely being able to tell a difference now that I have had my 2nd fill but it isn't what I thought it would be. Not to mention I actually started losing more weight when I wasn't eating just the healthy stuff. I think our bodies need some fat intake or it holds on to what we are putting in thinking it is not going to get more. Eating olives and avocados or using olive oil when cooking can help add fat. Sour cream, cheese, and such... I don't know what it is but I started eating regular foods again instead of restricting what I eat and I feel better and am losing. I cannot eat a lot of any thing so i am still staying low on calories and such I have found that pretty much all meat other than hamburger meat in sauce and such will not go down. My husband (who had lap-band 2 years ago) lived on tacos and tortilla chips for a while because they broke down easier for him. I cannot eat a taco to save my life. I got 1/2 of one down and felt like it was stuck. I am sure if I take smaller bites of anything it would be easier but I am still learning. My biggest battle is not waiting until I am starving to eat. This seems to be when I hurt myself the most. I get so hungry that I eat too fast and then it will not go down. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get down so I can continue to eat slower all the while I am still starving but now starving and in pain. Oh the learning process... lol even after 2 years my hubby still has a difficult time with eating small bites slow. Good luck to you...

@Jenny: I could have written this myself! This is precisely what I'm experiencing, too.

Re fat: I make sure to add some avocado to my meal, or some cheese to get in some fat. It helps keep me satisfied and has some benefits such as less-dry skin and hair.< /p>

Re meat: I can only tolerate moist hamburger, too...no other red meats. That's ok; I'm don't miss steak or pork anyway.

Re not waiting until one is starving to eat: my biggest battle, too. Waiting far too long for lunch today, and, as you described, ended up starving AND in pain. My chest still hurts, in fact, and I'm still starving.

Must.slow.down. and must not arrive at the table soooo hungry.