Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for March

Tues is my day. So excited(and a little worried). Any advise for eating tomorrow and Monday. Drs instructions were just to continue the liver shrink but wondering if going all liquids what make for a little easy recovery.

I was allowed a Protein of 4-6oz if u had to chew something, but the last 2 days on pre-op I went for complete liquids.

Any one experience lower leg pain post op? If so how long did it last? I had it in the calves of both my legs. The pain in the right leg has gone away. I still have it in my left leg though. I'm 5 days post op.

Make sure you watch that leg, if it swells and or changes color you need attention fast. It could then be a blood clot.

I don't want to scare you, but I was warned about it because of the anesthesia. Water and walking was what they told me to do to guard against it.

But then again it could be from them moving you from bed to bed.

Make sure you watch that leg' date=' if it swells and or changes color you need attention fast. It could then be a blood clot.

I don't want to scare you, but I was warned about it because of the anesthesia. Water and walking was what they told me to do to guard against it.

But then again it could be from them moving you from bed to bed.[/quote']

Thanks I've been walking and drinking, it feels better after walking a while but first thing in the morning when I get out of bed its bad. I'm feeling pretty good other than that.

Just checking back in. I was out of commission so long with my complications & did not really want to discuss them here out of respect for those who are yet to be banded. Still not much hunger & doing great!

Tues is my day. So excited(and a little worried). Any advise for eating tomorrow and Monday. Drs instructions were just to continue the liver shrink but wondering if going all liquids what make for a little easy recovery.

I was given 12 hours before surgery to fast. And the 24 prior to that I was only allowed Clear Liquids. I don't think it makes for an easier recovery. But I don't think it hurts! Good luck! Keep us posted!

I completely understand the mental hunger. I want to eat something so bad but my stomach says no way. I find as I am eating that i get to a point where the food feels like it doesnt want to go down (like it is stuck or going down the wrong way) I had the iband (so stomach is smaller) no fill yet. I am really looking forward to getting my first fill though so that I can start seeing more weight loss. I havent gained since the surgery on the 12th but havent really lost much either. I lost 10 before surgery and I have lost 8 since. Not too bad. I wish the hunger would subside though. When my stomach growls it actually hurts. Got to start mushies yesterday my doc is also letting me have canned tuna or chicken' date=' soft cheese and soft eggs. I had an egg over easy yesterday it was amazing. Tuna salad today with fat free mayo was not bad either but tasted so salty. Anyone else have mushies that they are enjoying?[/quote']

Good mushie - cauliflower chopped and cooked with chicken stock. Flavor with curry powder or other seasoning u like. Mash and enjoy. Lots of Fiber low carb and filling

Please call your doctor! Since it's both sides it's less likely, but lower leg pain after a surgery is a warning sign for a blood clot. Hopefully it's nothing, but it could be something serious.

Thanks I've been walking and drinking, it feels better after walking a while but first thing in the morning when I get out of bed its bad. I'm feeling pretty good other than that.

Mint tea is great, especially if you are nauseated. Natural remedy.

True! And peppermint tea helps with the gas pains. It's what they gave me in the hospital when I had my first kid (by c-section). Worked very well.

I have a question for anyone who has already been banded. Did anyone experience a cramp in their side that really bothers them when they try to sit down or get up? This cramp is like a stitch in your side you get from walking a lot or running. The cramp isn't really near any of the incisions but it a constant cramp and wasn't sure if this is normal.

I have a question for anyone who has already been banded. Did anyone experience a cramp in their side that really bothers them when they try to sit down or get up? This cramp is like a stitch in your side you get from walking a lot or running. The cramp isn't really near any of the incisions but it a constant cramp and wasn't sure if this is normal.

Completely normal.

Any one experience lower leg pain post op? If so how long did it last? I had it in the calves of both my legs. The pain in the right leg has gone away. I still have it in my left leg though. I'm 5 days post op.

I had a little bit of this it felt like charley horses in my calfs which usually means dehydration. I drank Water and stretched them and it got better.

3/13/13 is my date and I can't wait!

I was banded 3/13/13 too. I guess those are lucky numbers!

I was banded 3/13/13 too. I guess those are lucky numbers!

I'm a 3/13/13 too!

How much Water should I be drinking a day? I'm four days post and shakes go down but nothing else