Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for March

I am 4 days post op and feeling much better although still very sore. Most of the bloating and gas are gone but not sure what is going on. It feels like hunger pains but I also feel full. They come on strong like stabbing pain and then go away. The Gas-X seems to help but not sure if it is gas or if I am not eating enough. Any one else gone through this???

Hi jenny I had sharp shoulder pains that were very intense. If the gas x helps it's probably that but if you're not sure call the doctor.

I had my surgery March 13. I was up walking that night and had very little to no pain. Just around the wounds. They are a bit tiner. Good luck to everyone who still is waiting for their day! You are gonna love this!

Scheduled for March 26th,started the liver shrink diet on Tues. Going ok although not real fond of the shakes. Amazing how full I feel after the salad and lean meat for dinner.< /p>

Went for my 2 week check up on Friday! Everything going fabo! No more gas at all (thank god!) It wasnt really that bad for the most part but on either day four or five i had the craziest, could not find any comfortable position day. If I hadnt known better I wouldve thought there was a knife stuck in my shoulder..

My stomach swelling must be pretty much gone, cuz i have been so hungry since last Monday. Im not supposed to start mushies till Monday, but i did have a scrambled egg yesterday with gravy as mashed as possible and it went just fine. I miss meat so bad and cant get my self to eat the meat baby food lol, yuck! Monday though i cant tell u guys how excited i am to make a pot roast and blend a little piece for myself (never thought i would say that) lol.

My nutritionist did stress to me that the first 6 weeks after surgery, we should not expect to much weight loss, she said it is perfectly normal to possibly gain weight on the mushie stage because the body is basically trying to figure out what is going on. I just wanted to put that out there for any one who is not expirenceing any weight loss or just a little.

So for those of us that are loosing i guess we get to consider ourselves lucky and hope our bodies continue to do what we would like them too! She also told me that I should not be dieting once i hit solid food, for example, low carb. She said to work on what she called the 80/20 rule. What she means by that is making the right choices at least 80% of the time. And most importantly keep the portions at what they have asked and the Water flowing!

Hope everyone is recovering well!

Hi everyone!!! Got banded today with plication am in my hospital room now. Everything went great! I have no gas pain just a little nauseous but they gave me meds. Been walking around a bunch. I'm on Long Island and Drs Ahmad and Argawala did my surgery at Mather Hospital.... Mathers nurses are amazing!!!!!! Just had to say that because they have been so awesome to me today ( and previously when I had my gallbladder removed and endoscopy). Hope everyone is doing well! Can't believe I'm finally banded! First day of the rest of my life!!

I am 4 days post op and feeling much better although still very sore. Most of the bloating and gas are gone but not sure what is going on. It feels like hunger pains but I also feel full. They come on strong like stabbing pain and then go away. The Gas-X seems to help but not sure if it is gas or if I am not eating enough. Any one else gone through this???

Don't mistake hunger for thirst. If you haven't gotten enough Water, your stomach will make you think you are hungry. I guess it has to be the connection between eating and drinking during the meal.

Today was my day 6 of preop diet, and i ended up cheating ???”

I ate one can of tuna (in water) with one Tomato, i made like a salad with some lime and salt. OMG it was a heavenly food!

Even with the cheating i still ended my day with 648calories, 48g of carbs, 11g fat, 98g protein!

Which i think is pretty good, as my nutri said to try to stay bellow 1200cal and bellow 200g of carbs!

I'm thinking i will probably do this again tomorrow, and the 3days left i will stick to liquids only.

I'm not going to able to stay home tomorrow and not eat.. Weekends are the hardest day for me ;(

Am i too bad? ???­???­

I had my 7 day post op check up on Friday, all is well, the doctor showed me where my port was and I felt it for the first time! It's like a little button right next to my belly button, so cool to feel! Also got to see my xray from the esophagus swallow test, very cool to see my band, the tube & port!

Real food tomorrow, (mushies &purees) omg I can't wait to eat real foods!

I hope everyone is doing as we'll as me! I am two weeks out tomorrow and starting some purée today...so far so good. Very hard to not drink while eating though!! If you haven't already you should read my blog I document everything! Keep up the good work everyone :)

I have surgery in 4 days and I'm starting to get nervous. I've been looking forward to this for two months but now that it's almost here, I'm starting to get really nervous. I know this is the best choice and I'm looking forward to this journey. I'm just feeling a little unprepared :blink:

I have surgery in 4 days and I'm starting to get nervous. I've been looking forward to this for two months but now that it's almost here' date=' I'm starting to get really nervous. I know this is the best choice and I'm looking forward to this journey. I'm just feeling a little unprepared :blink:[/quote']

My surgery is tomorrow and I understand how you feel. I have been wanting this since last year. Now that I'm less than 24 hours away and after being on a 21 day liquid preop diet, you would think I'd be anxious. I'm really nervous. Still want this, but very nervous.

The good news, I don't think you can ever be fully prepared, no matter what you do! It's a nerve-wracking experience and the lifestyle is enormous!

So it's ok to feel nervous and unprepared :rolleyes: Hang in there and good luck on your surgery days dazzlingone & phxgirl!

I'm :2 weeks post op and started mashies today. My nutritionist did not mention that I might gain when that happened but it makes sense so I am glad to see it addressed here. I have had an egg and some puréed veggie Soup today and did fine. The single egg kept me full for a long time! I have noticed that I retain Water because of high sodium in some of my liquids ( broth etc) so need to watch that. But I am down 15 since starting the 1 week pre op diet so clearly something is working!!!!!!

Banded March 13/13. Waking up from surgery is worst part. Better and better every hour after.

I was banded today and finding this to be true!