Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Very disappointed right now, I have been doing very good on the pre-opt diet haven't cheated at all. My husband and I have talked about me have surgery which is scheduled for tomorrow. So I tell my husband not to tell anybody I mean anybody cause this is my journey. And I find out today that he told his parents and he lied about it. See it's stuff like this that sets me back. No I haven't eaten anything but i sure could right about now. Im very disappointed:(

Very disappointed right now, I have been doing very good on the pre-opt diet haven't cheated at all. My husband and I have talked about me have surgery which is scheduled for tomorrow. So I tell my husband not to tell anybody I mean anybody cause this is my journey. And I find out today that he told his parents and he lied about it. See it's stuff like this that sets me back. No I haven't eaten anything but i sure could right about now. Im very disappointed:(

don't eat, don't eat, don't eat! Remember your surgery is tomorrow and this is not the time to risk it. Talk to the hubby. Yes, he betrayed your trust, but maybe he was just worried about you and needed to talk to people he trusts to get some input. Talk to him....ask him why he told but not in an accusing way. Just hear him out... We all have issues and we turn to food when our buttons are pressed. We need to approach our issues in a different way. Just think about tomorrow being the first day of a new life...concentrate on you and what you are doing for yourself....don't let this sabotage you.... Good luck tomorrow!!

stay positive, think of it this way now you have more support, this is your journey but it always helps to have friend and family there to be supportive, and cheer you to your goal.

It's the point he lied i would have never did that. He betrayed my trust and im pissed. I havent eaten anything and im not going to its just the point.

Going to surgery in 4 hours!! Im ready . Wishing all of you going in surgery today a healthy recovery. Say strong!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using LapBandTalk

Hello folks........Heading in on Thursday - Jan 3rd - for the lap band......mixture of emotions at this point but overall' date=' I am excited at the prospect of a skinnier me!

Wishing you all the very best not only for 2013 but also in your weight loss journey!

:)[/quote']

Hi! I had my surgery the same day! Hope u r well!

I'm headed out!!! Surgery in 4 hours and counting. Wish me luck!!!! Will let you all know how I did later.

Good luck and speedy recovery to everyone having surgery today!

I go in on the 29th! Cant wait!

MissMia9' date=' I glad to have another person being banded the same day. I hope all goes well for you and everyone on here.

Anyone from Pennsylvania area being banded in January?

Daron[/quote']

I am in Pittsburgh and was banded on January 3... Initially I was so full of gas! Ugh! Please get up and walk around ASAP! Now I'm extremely comfortable and am 14lbs down...still adjusting... But the support here has been great! GL!

I have my final visit with surgeon' date=' nutritionist, and EKG Monday. Start my preop diet right after for surgery on the 25th. I talked with my partner tonight and now she says she doesn't think I should do it? She's concerned about the risks.

It worries me... The risks. And asking myself why can't I just give it a good strong "diet" try for a few years and lose the weight that way. But I've tried and yried and failed so many times.

Anyone else nervous e? And second guessing it? Failure rate is high, extra skin is almost a guarantee, and what's this I hear about it slipping or eroding or my body rejecting it?[/quote']

STOP! If you were able to be successful with dieting you wouldn't be where you are. I went through that too, people saying that I shouldn't do it. I told them I have to do what's best for me! They aren't walking around in this fat suit.. Also beware of closet haters.. People that smile in ur face and congratulate u but then tell you that u don't need it. I NEED TO BE HEALTHY PEOPLE!!! Exercise.. Depending on body type u may need skin removal.. It's a piece of plastic around ur stomach.. The dr will chk it often if not demand it.. It's reversible if issues arise...GL! Come here and visit to get some info from some great people!

Tomorrow I the big day. I made it through the liquid diet. That was tough! Now and better things to come starting tomorrow!

Good luck tigerlillie. You will do great. ~hugs~

@ladybabie3 - I feel your pain! I asked my husband not to tell his parents specifically because his dad always made comments about my weight. Last week his mom asked me in front of other family members if I had already had my surgery. All of the family members (in-laws) then started asking me what kind of surgery I was having. I just wanted to run out and cry! I told them I didn't want to talk about it and my in laws tried to act like I was over reacting and that they had done nothing wrong.

@texasgal77, i will in box you

Im going in good people see you on the other side.