Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Monday here come

Tomorrow you take the first step into Freedom! Congrats on your courage : ) start walking immediately - listen to your doc AND Clean out kitchen and cabinets if everything - toss it if its not on the food list. Last thing ... Buy a tiny plastic "baby" fork n spoon, like at Target Walmart and little plates - I used them a lot and literally the spoon and fork ALL THE TIME for the first year - really helped.

Lee

275lbs lost All diseases Reversed

http://on.aol.com/video/i-weighed-454-pounds-before-having-weight-loss-surgery-517631677

R u ready ladybabie3??? I am! Tomorrow is a new beginning for us both. Can't wait to be on the other side...it will be a happy rebirth for us both tomorrow. Anyone else going us tomorrow?

My surgery is January 30th and i start the pre op liquid diet January 24th. Excited and nervous all same time.

How exciting! I so remember that feeling too. Excited, nervous and a little scared. You will do great and enjoy the new adventure.

I am getting banded tomorrow. It's kind of hard to believe the day has finally come! I am feeling good. I am down 18 pounds from the pre-op diet and a total of 32 since last July (my first visit with the surgeon.) I am looking forward to being on the other side! Good luck everyone!

so...here come the emotional issues welling up...spoke to someone I'm very close to last night, who loves me, but also has a terrible way of making me feel unworthy. I've gotten much better at letting that stuff roll off my back and even calling him on it (with the help of therapy) but it rears it's ugly head now and then, and I think because I'm feeling particularly vulnerable right now, it's more apparent. This person congratulated me on already losing some 17 lbs or so..but of course mentioned that it was surely mostly Water loss...so that's a dig right there. Then last night, same person asked how I was feeling and doing, and then had to mention they were at dinner at an Italian restaurant eating eggplant parm and it was delicious. Would you tell an alcoholic you were at a bar and downing a delicious cold beer? I would hope not. I told this person that his comments were not nice and there was no reason for saying what he did and he realized it was a cruel thing to do because he got embarrassed and tried to make a joke out of it. An apology would have been better. Anyway...just wanted to get that off my chest so I can let it go and move on. Thanks to you all for letting me vent in what feels like a safe place to do so.

Gowalking - I'm sorry to hear this, but you are strong and we are all here to support you all the way!

so...here come the emotional issues welling up...spoke to someone I'm very close to last night' date=' who loves me, but also has a terrible way of making me feel unworthy. I've gotten much better at letting that stuff roll off my back and even calling him on it (with the help of therapy) but it rears it's ugly head now and then, and I think because I'm feeling particularly vulnerable right now, it's more apparent. This person congratulated me on already losing some 17 lbs or so..but of course mentioned that it was surely mostly Water loss...so that's a dig right there. Then last night, same person asked how I was feeling and doing, and then had to mention they were at dinner at an Italian restaurant eating eggplant parm and it was delicious. Would you tell an alcoholic you were at a bar and downing a delicious cold beer? I would hope not. I told this person that his comments were not nice and there was no reason for saying what he did and he realized it was a cruel thing to do because he got embarrassed and tried to make a joke out of it. An apology would have been better. Anyway...just wanted to get that off my chest so I can let it go and move on. Thanks to you all for letting me vent in what feels like a safe place to do so.[/quote']

I hate to say this but I think to be successful you need to get rid of the toxic people in your life. The ones who, whether they mean to or not, make you feel bad or struggle. Be cautious if you're going to keep those people close. I've distanced myself from people who hinder my progression and its way less stressful and less embarrassing.

I hate to say this but I think to be successful you need to get rid of the toxic people in your life. The ones who, whether they mean to or not, make you feel bad or struggle. Be cautious if you're going to keep those people close. I've distanced myself from people who hinder my progression and its way less stressful and less embarrassing.

Thanks for the feedback. I hear what you're saying and I've distanced myself when I had to. The person is family so it's impossible to get rid of him, nor would I want to, most of the time he is supportive and shows me the respect I deserve. I just have to remind myself to not let the remarks sabotage me right now. Oh, and I'm not the only one who gets those barbs....I hear it aimed at my sister as well, but she just tells him to stuff it. Again...I think it's just because this whole experience is new and I'm not good with the unknown. Once the band truly becomes part of my life, and not the defining thing it is right now, I know I'll be good to go.

so...here come the emotional issues welling up...spoke to someone I'm very close to last night' date=' who loves me, but also has a terrible way of making me feel unworthy. I've gotten much better at letting that stuff roll off my back and even calling him on it (with the help of therapy) but it rears it's ugly head now and then, and I think because I'm feeling particularly vulnerable right now, it's more apparent. This person congratulated me on already losing some 17 lbs or so..but of course mentioned that it was surely mostly Water loss...so that's a dig right there. Then last night, same person asked how I was feeling and doing, and then had to mention they were at dinner at an Italian restaurant eating eggplant parm and it was delicious. Would you tell an alcoholic you were at a bar and downing a delicious cold beer? I would hope not. I told this person that his comments were not nice and there was no reason for saying what he did and he realized it was a cruel thing to do because he got embarrassed and tried to make a joke out of it. An apology would have been better. Anyway...just wanted to get that off my chest so I can let it go and move on. Thanks to you all for letting me vent in what feels like a safe place to do so.[/quote']

First it's awesome that you identified this persons behavior as detrimental AND called this person on it. Give yourself a deserved pat on the back for being smart and making a decision that moved you forward as opposed to taking the easier way out of simply "ignoring it".

A BIG part of my success in WLS and the people I help is that we LIVE our lives KNOWING that we are in a War - this is Life or Death and MORE important than that, it is about FREEDOM! Living a full life free from the prison of my 454lb body. Soooo family or not family they are part of the solution or they are part of the problem - I surrounded myself with solution people and fully reject all others. Guess what ? 150 pounds later the problem people / family or not / changed their tune and we were able to be associated again. BUT in the early stages I could not Risk it... It's like when you have to be quarantined if you are very ill because someone might have a cold that wont kill them BUT WILL KILL YOU.

The price of our freedom is greater than the dollars spent on the surgery - far greater...

And yet WORTH it all. I have lost 275lbs - death sentence reversed - full life beyond my dreams being lived!!

Hope in Your Future is Power in Your Present !

Lee

Ljcbf thanks for the encouraging words i will get that stuff today. And tigerlille lets do this. We have come a long way. We are all super stars.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am excited. Tomorrow is the day. My phone will be on if anyone wants to text. My number is 845-461-1021. I know we don't know each other personally but we can chat if you want.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I have an electric throw blanket that I have been using like an oversized heating pad and I really think it has helped avoid some bad gas pains. It has been my post op BFF.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I have an electric throw blanket that I have been using like an oversized heating pad and I really think it has helped avoid some bad gas pains. It has been my post op BFF.

I have been doing the same thing and it made me feel so much better to be under it. IT has been a God send.